What can I use to cover the walls/insulation inside my Burro's storage compartments? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2022, 08:45 PM   #1

Name: Kay
Trailer: 1985 Burro
Maine
What can I use to cover the walls/insulation inside my Burro's storage compartments?

Hi, does anyone have any ideas for covering up the inside storage compartments on my 85 Burro? I'm keeping the insulation because I will be full-timing in it this winter, I just want to put something over it to clean up the small spaces. Maybe something that sticks on?

Open to all ideas! Thank you.

Kblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 07:21 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
If the insulation is foil bubble wrap, it works best when left exposed. It is meant as a radiant barrier to reflect heat back into the interior. It has negligible R-value as a thermal layer sandwiched between other materials. It also works well to cover windows at night.

If the insulation is something else, it would help to know what.

Your biggest challenge is going to be moisture control. What do you plan to use for heat?
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:35 AM   #3

Name: Susan
Trailer: Scamp
New Mexico
I used some of those foam interlocking floor mats cut to size for the walls and floor of the underbench storage compartments. Had some left over from doing the floor. Available at Home Depot. They really help to keep the floor warmer too.
Poodlesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #4

Name: River
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Oregon
Registry
I second the interlocking foam. I got mine at harbor freight, used it on the entire floor area, including inside cupboards, then covered it with marine carpet. Helped noticeably with the drafts and feels good under foot.
Burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:36 AM   #5

Name: Kay
Trailer: 1985 Burro
Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
If the insulation is foil bubble wrap, it works best when left exposed. It is meant as a radiant barrier to reflect heat back into the interior. It has negligible R-value as a thermal layer sandwiched between other materials. It also works well to cover windows at night.

If the insulation is something else, it would help to know what.

Your biggest challenge is going to be moisture control. What do you plan to use for heat?
I’m not sure what the insulation is I don’t think it’s foil bubble wrap because it has a layer of the pink fluffy insulation under the foil.

I’m going to have power hookup over the winter so plan to use an electric space heater.
Kblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 11:31 AM   #6

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1999 Burro.
California
Smart Jacket in "Water Heater Support" thread.

I, literally, just did this in my '99 Widebody. I bought a "Smart Jacket" water heater blanket to wrap the heater and used the extra around the fridge vent and I removed the fiberglass on the fender well and still had enough of the "Smart Jacket" to completely cover the fender well and I still have a pretty good amount left over. I used actual "air duct tape" on the stock foil backed insulation everywhere it was torn or cut in the corner storage and under the countertop, around all the ports (city water) and what not. I also used "pool noodle" everywhere the glass was sagging... I pushed the noodles up into the "double wall part to pull up and hold the glass. I have been out on one trip since the pool noodles and they seem to be staying put. Anyway, between the tape and the Smart Jacket stuff there is no exposed glass and my water heater seems to work much better! I plan to use the Smart stuff to add "flap like" walls to the fridge to try and "optimize" its performance, I'll keep you posted. Hope this helps.
Mark in Tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 01:19 PM   #7

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1999 Burro.
California
My other idea is corrugated plastic... I think you can get that stuff in any color and it is pretty easy to work with.
Mark in Tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro