Wind chain for Burro door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2022, 09:23 AM   #1

Name: Larry
Trailer: Burro
California
Wind chain for Burro door

Anybody come up with a good solution to stop the door from getting slammed open in a wind gust?
I have a 13’ Burro and bought the Wind chain accessory, but it looks pretty cumbersome.
Anybody jussi blue a large, soft foam/ rubber block to the outside of the trailer to cushion the door?
I dislike drilling into the fiberglass- wonder if a big command hook would work for the attachments.
All these years have been so careful to latch the door, then one day, went in to drop something in and a big gust came up and slammed the door open!
No damage, lucky.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Burroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
While I don't have a Burro, (I have a 2008 Casita 17' SD,) I did address the problem with the door hitting the "belly band". This is a common door damage occurrance with belly band trailers when the wind rips the door out of your hand. As a pre-emptive protection, I added a square adhesive door knob hard plastic bumper to the outer skin of the door, which I radiused to fit under the corner of the window in the door in order to get it where I needed the protection, and then attached one of those adhesive half-round cushioned bumper pads to that. The pad helps to absorb the force of any impact, and the hard plastic panel helps spread the impact area out over a wider area so all the impact force isn't concentrated in just one small spot.
It's worked well for many years, and nothing is drilled into the door itself.

Both components are readily available at the "big box" stores in the door hardware aisle.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0002.JPG  
Casita Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:33 AM   #3

Name: Larry
Trailer: Burro
California
Thank you for the picture and reply.
That’s what I’m going to do!
Burroman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro