How many Boler AMERICANS are out there? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2010, 06:26 AM   #21

Trailer: Boler American
Registry
Hi Clive
I use a Flexride axle, and it fit like a glove. Its 2" longer that the original axle on American Boler .
The trick is to offset the mounting bracket on the axle .And now, I have brakes on it .It's great.
Jean-L
JEAN-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 AM   #22

Trailer: 1972 American Boler
Quote:
Hi Clive
Here's some dimension on my new axle to correct the axle problem on my American Boler
It's wider and now both tire are center in wheel wells Jean-L
Yes, thanks for posting the schematic Jean. I knew someone on the forum had one but I couldn't remember who. Everyone on the forum has been great helping me as I go along on my restoration. I only hope I am able to help others also as I go along.

Hope you had a good time at Wagons Ho!

Libby
Libby F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #23

Trailer: 1972 American Boler
Quote:
Hey, that's crucial information!! Thanks for posting that.

I'm going to need a new axle as soon as I can get to it and was considering Newmeister as a resource, if not the purchase because he's in Canada and I'm not, but I thought I might contact him for the specs!

I guess that's an example to never assume anything; to take your own measurements, measure twice, etc, etc, etc.
I stated earlier that I would post pictures of the new axle on my Boler. I have cut the wheel well openings larger to fit the tire as it is now.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_Shell_on_Frame_4_19_10_005.jpg   Boler_Shell_on_Frame_4_19_10_011.jpg  

Boler_Shell_on_Frame_4_19_10_013.jpg   Boler_Shell_on_Frame_4_19_10_012.jpg  

Boler_Shell_on_Frame_4_19_10_014.jpg  
Libby F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:26 AM   #24

Trailer: Boler American
Registry
Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveAlive View Post
Thanks Jean for the schematic. I have saved it for future reference.

Of course, in any case, you know I am going to have to get in there and get my Boler's measurements after Libby's experience! (When I am able to get to that job).

But what axle did you use? Dexter? Is that a direct replacement or did you go trailing arm?
Hi
I'm sorry that I didn't answer all your questions.
I's a flexride axle and I went with a trailing arm and brakes JEAN-L
JEAN-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #25

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Found '72 sn# 5042

[QUOTE=Roy in TO;214627]I'm not sure Brian, hopefully Jean L will pipe in. Off the top of my head (with some searching):

Clive Alive # 3104
Roy in TO # 5212
Jean L
Jean L's daughter
Lance MacArthur (the blue boler)
Marty Smiltneek
John & Jaci D.
ntlobo (from bolerama post 8427.1) had one for sale listed in May 2010 # 5137
Libby F.
Stacy Croster
Jerry8887 (bolerama) Norfolk, VA
Chromedome37 (bolerama)
# 5521 or 5821 was on ebay in June 2008 (the second digit might not have been readable, production #'s might indicate this should have been 5221 or 5321.)
Brian Scott # 5222
Tina Wolk (bolerama) sold hers 2006 # 5064
BillNKC
Dave M

Yesterday I found 1972 Boler American s/n #5042 here in Minnesots, still road worthy. You can add it to the list.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02878.jpg  
Scott B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #26

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
we have one we are restoring right now

13ft Boler pictures by elkywfo - Photobucket
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Underwood View Post
we have one we are restoring right now

13ft Boler pictures by elkywfo - Photobucket

Looks good Phil. What is the s/n of yours?

I used to live in Ingleside and have been to Odem many times.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #28

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B. View Post
Looks good Phil. What is the s/n of yours?

I used to live in Ingleside and have been to Odem many times.
ill get a pic or write it down this evening
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #29

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Hi Phil,
There are enough differences that I can see in your pictures to indicate that you have a boler in America, but I really don't think you have a boler American. The door lock, notched fiberglass front bench and emblems were the first clues. Not to mention all I've seen so far were white top over green bottom. I'd be interested in seeing the plate with serial number though.
Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #30

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B. View Post
Yesterday I found 1972 Boler American s/n #5042 here in Minnesots, still road worthy. You can add it to the list.

Scott
Any Idea who owns it Scott?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Any Idea who owns it Scott?

Well it is in my back yard at the moment, (as with 2 burro's in the garage and it being the most weather proof at the moment,) so I guess me for now, ( my wife may not agree with my view)

I havent decided (my wife may have) if I will keep it or pass it on, it is cute tho and the first I had ever actually been in.
I was suprised at how low the entry is on a boler but I must admit I do like it.

It has no front bench or bed ( I guess a couple chairs and a dinnete table could be done), no stove, no icebox, there is a sink no faucet, cusions are there for the back bench/bed, someone has given it aa latex paint job, and they cut a hole in the front for an a/c. The floor is good I didnt step on soft spots tho there is one 3" dia. soft spot in the back under the bench looks like there was a hole drilled there at one time and has started to rot around it.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
boler.jpg   boler1.jpg  

boler3.jpg  
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #32

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Scott, you have turned into a fiberglass camper addict.... Does Betty Ford clinic have a program for this? JK
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
Scott, you have turned into a fiberglass camper addict.... Does Betty Ford clinic have a program for this? JK

Yes as a matter of fact my wife developed a 12 step program " Get another one and you will be walking 12 steps to sleep in it!"

But honestly when you see one in the weeds neglected and know people looking will never find it what do you do? Most people wont give you thier name and address so you can post it here and a bunch of strangers can call them but they will take the cash in your hand to get it off thier property.

Scott
Old 08-04-2010, 08:29 PM   #34

Registry
That is true, that is how I came up with the Burro. It was sitting behind a warehouse up against a fence surrounded with weeds and other debris. The guy would have probably gave it to me until my friend opened his mouth and said that I buy and sell alot of those fiberglass trailers and started telling him what I sold a 2009 Scamp and a 2008 Casita for. Then he had that twinkle in his eye and bluffed me by saying he had another guy interested in it. I didn't know if he did or not, but I still got a deal on it. When I get it done, I am going to swing by his place and show it to him.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #35

Nice to have friends isnt it? Leave him home next time. LOL

Yeah I saw these and just went up and knocked and said " I see you have a little trailer there any interest in selling it for cash?" if they are not I leave them my name and address for later, some are the fathers or grandfather and he is too old to use it but the children wont sell it until he no longer around or at least that is what they indicate.

Last guy gave me 1-7/8" ball, fixed one taillight and even hooked it up for me!

I really enjoy working on them it is fun to look for the a different light or coming up with something to get the look you want. I dont think I will make a career out of it as I cant paint and paint cost alot, but It gives me something to do as I work overseas for several months and then home for several months.

I have already had my painter want to by the second Burro, so is nice to get someone else interested in these campers.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #36

Registry
Now you just need to update your avatar to the new picture
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #37

Yeah I am waiting a bit longer to get the windows in and the door on LOL!!! It is cooler working in it without either!! I dont have a cool cat!!!!!! so it is 98 degrees!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #38

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hello!

I'll be picking my '71 Boler American this Saturday only an hour from Wichita, KS where it was built. Overall it's in pretty good shape but needs some work before I can take it out. The door is sagging pretty badly, it might need the axle replaced (your opinions are welcome), but the inside is clean and doesn't look like it's had and serious water leaks. The current owner has kept it in their garage for the past 4 years, but I did a thorough inspection and didn't see any previous water damage. I'm new to the fiberglass camper world and this site has been a priceless resource already!
Attached Thumbnails
photo 1.jpg   photo 2.jpg  

photo 3.jpg  
Matt G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #39

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Matt, that's a great looking unit. Interesting that the taillight housings haver been frenched in. Nice!

The axle doesn't look too bad - I've seen worse!

Does it come with the other two baby moons?

Do you know the serial number?
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #40

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Clive,
I didn't even realize that the taillights weren't stock. That proves how much I have to learn about Bolers!

I'm glad the axle isn't completely shot. I'm sure it's on it's way out, but I was worried about doing damage while towing it home.

It has one other baby moon, but I think the 3rd is missing.

I'm not sure about the serial number, but I'll post it tomorrow once I get the unit home.

-Matt
Matt G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler