Bigfoot shipping costs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2019, 02:19 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Bigfoot shipping costs

I missed a B25TB that was in Denver and I have been negotiating with them about ordering a new one. They have been very nice and helpful but the only problem is how far away they are and my camper is likely to arrive in the dead of winter. The weather could be a real horror show.

Anyway I figured I would call the Florida dealer and see what they could do. I almost bought a unit at the show last year. They have an order in at the factory that they could shift over to me and I will be in Florida anyway so win win.

Here is the rub. They said it costs them $4000 to have a Bigfoot shipped to them and that a dealer in say Washington State can just go pick it up so they cannot compete on price. It sounds reasonable but is it legitimate.

To bad I'm not looking for a 21RB they have a great price on one besides the $4000 generator package that is in it.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #2

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
shipping costs

Check out Get Away RV in Abbotsford BC and look at their stock of Units. Your US $ goes a long way in Canada...and I know for a fact that Dean (general manager) will arrange to deliver it to the Sumas border (20 min drive from the dealership) and have ALL the paperwork arranged for you to take delivery and drive home.

There is less a mark up on Price since the dealership is located 4ish hours away from Armstrong BC...where the Units are constructed.

PM if you like.
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #3

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Foster View Post
Check out Get Away RV in Abbotsford BC and look at their stock of Units. Your US $ goes a long way in Canada...and I know for a fact that Dean (general manager) will arrange to deliver it to the Sumas border (20 min drive from the dealership) and have ALL the paperwork arranged for you to take delivery and drive home.

There is less a mark up on Price since the dealership is located 4ish hours away from Armstrong BC...where the Units are constructed.

PM if you like.
So far Denver has had the best prices. Florida would make the most sense though because of possible warranty work and I am there every winter.

I am really a pain in the butt when some else is working on my things. Being a life long mechanic makes me believe that I can do any job better and I am usually right.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #4

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
$4K sounds about right in terms of moving costs for that distance.

If you buy from Denver or Abbotsford, how much will it cost you to get it home?
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #5

Trailer: Sold Bigfoot. Shopping for Arctic Fox 22G
Missouri
Two 25 ft. Bigfoots could be hauled on a 53' flatbed trailer. I am not sure where the dealer is in Florida but it is 3,300 miles from the Bigfoot factory in BC to Miami. That figures out to be $2.43 per mile for the truck. I would hope that the trucking company doesn't go bankrupt while the load is in route. In other words $4,000 freight for one trailer is not unreasonable. If it were me, I would wait until the snow melts and go get the trailer myself, then enjoy a nice camping trip on the way back.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Two 25 ft. Bigfoots could be hauled on a 53' flatbed trailer. I am not sure where the dealer is in Florida but it is 3,300 miles from the Bigfoot factory in BC to Miami. That figures out to be $2.43 per mile for the truck. I would hope that the trucking company doesn't go bankrupt while the load is in route. In other words $4,000 freight for one trailer is not unreasonable. If it were me, I would wait until the snow melts and go get the trailer myself, then enjoy a nice camping trip on the way back.
2x. That is what I did with my two Escapes.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
$4K is believable and regardless, dealer has the right to ask whatever they want. They are certainly under no obligation to price match anyone.

Most buyers would not travel to CO to save money, so if I owned that dealership, if you brought up CO pricing I would gently tell you I don't compete against CO. Instead, my pricing would be based on what it takes to sell them locally (FL).

Myself, if I was a buyer, I would head to CO. Some great camping out there, and if you are flexible timing wise, you could likely find a window where the weather was OK. From CO, I would head south, all the way to I-10, then head to FL.

If you are concerned about warranty work, either discuss coverage with Bigfoot, or consider the $4K savings to be an offset to possible warranty hassles.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #8

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
$4K sounds about right in terms of moving costs for that distance.

If you buy from Denver or Abbotsford, how much will it cost you to get it home?
From either Florida or Mass. is about 4000 miles round trip. 20mpg going and 10 returning breaks out to less than $700 in fuel so say $1000. Abbotsford will be a third more.

Going will be a driving marathon but returning with a camper I will be able to take it easy or less than 500 miles a day. Actually 300 a day is more like it.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:29 AM   #9

Massachusetts
Quote:
Yeah I was thinking this myself. If it came in early say February I could delay a month or two. We can send paperwork back and forth. I am going to finance it for a short time until one of my CDs matures. I should see if they will take my Styrofoam box in trade then I won't mind the drive out.

I have a little over $5000 in the box. Quite a bit in time and effort but I have to forget that. I guess if I got $3000 it would save me from having to dispose of it. The Florida guys offered me $2500 without looking at it last year. Hmmm I think I will go on RV-Trader and set a $5000 price limit and see what comes up.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #10

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
$4K is believable and regardless, dealer has the right to ask whatever they want. They are certainly under no obligation to price match anyone.

Most buyers would not travel to CO to save money, so if I owned that dealership, if you brought up CO pricing I would gently tell you I don't compete against CO. Instead, my pricing would be based on what it takes to sell them locally (FL).

Myself, if I was a buyer, I would head to CO. Some great camping out there, and if you are flexible timing wise, you could likely find a window where the weather was OK. From CO, I would head south, all the way to I-10, then head to FL.

If you are concerned about warranty work, either discuss coverage with Bigfoot, or consider the $4K savings to be an offset to possible warranty hassles.
Good plan. I was thinking west to Texas then north and play it by ear after that.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #11

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
That's exactly what we did this spring, when we went to Russ in British Columbia to pick up our 21RB to bring it to us in Repentigny, near Montreal.
We were asked about $ 6,000. for delivery and approximately $ 3,000 was calculated. to do the trip ourselves ...
Nice experience.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #12

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I missed a B25TB that was in Denver and I have been negotiating with them about ordering a new one. They have been very nice and helpful but the only problem is how far away they are and my camper is likely to arrive in the dead of winter. The weather could be a real horror show.

Anyway I figured I would call the Florida dealer and see what they could do. I almost bought a unit at the show last year. They have an order in at the factory that they could shift over to me and I will be in Florida anyway so win win.

Here is the rub. They said it costs them $4000 to have a Bigfoot shipped to them and that a dealer in say Washington State can just go pick it up so they cannot compete on price. It sounds reasonable but is it legitimate.

To bad I'm not looking for a 21RB they have a great price on one besides the $4000 generator package that is in it.
I see you are from Massachusetts.
Each state has its own rules.
About 10 years ago I sold a trillium caravan to someone from Massachusetts and all the preparation for the transfer was done over the internet.
I sent her a copy of my recordings so that she could go to her office for the license plate.
With the serial number she was able to activate her protection with her insurer ...
We made an appointment near the border on the Canadian side, replaced the plates, I signed the registration papers and the person left in good order, without hassle to cross the border.
Upon his return to Massachusetts, the person had to go to his registration office to confirm the whole thing.
The only thing that differs with your case is that it is a recent trailer, in our case the trailer was over 25 years old ...

Please check with your office for license plates and insurance.
Have a nice day.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #13

Massachusetts
Yeah Mass tends to be a pain about everything. We truly have to much government here.

A friend was building a fancy house and his wife wanted some $6000 Italian bath tub. Well since it was not on the list of approved appliances they couldn't install it. So they put some cheap thing in and got the plumbing inspector to sign off on it. Then they ripped out the junk and installed the nice one that had been hidden some where.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #14

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
5x going out to pick it up. I am lucky in NC with A&M, a Bigfoot dealer, only a few miles down the road. They have been super, plus we got a great price.
Towed by 2018 Chevy High Country Duramax
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #15

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Olive View Post
5x going out to pick it up. I am lucky in NC with A&M, a Bigfoot dealer, only a few miles down the road. They have been super, plus we got a great price.
Well the check is in the mail. The deal is underway. It is supposed to come in in February. I will be in Tampa. They offered me $3000 for my Styrofoam box so I can drive to Denver with it and leave it there.

Depending on the timing I can either go back to Tampa or home via DC around April 1st. This way I won't be rushing around anywhere and if the weather is bad in Denver I can hang out somewhere until it is over.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:26 PM   #16

Name: Lee
Trailer: Looking
TN
BONUS See the Cherry Blossoms in bloom.

Tags
bigfoot