FL 2022, Feb 14-18: ScampCamp 2022 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #1

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
2022, Feb 14-18: ScampCamp 2022

ScampCamp 2022 Feb 14-18

Highlands Hammock State Park in Sebring FL.
Expecting a great time and a good turnout.
Registration will be at site 78 with the registration tent and activities agenda.
Contact me or Dick Freed for questions , suggestions or to report that you've got reservations.

Please let us know ahead of time if you're coming so we can plan activities around attendance.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #2

Registry
I modded this from a past post. It still applies and I kinda like it better...

ScampCamp 2022 will be held at Highlands Hammock State Park
Starting Monday Feb 14th and leaving Saturday Feb.19th.

Somehow this didn't get posted early this year, so I posted this today.
Please PM me if you have questions or to report that you have reservations.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to come and join the fun.

There are lots of activities and nice people to share them with.
Bring your bike and your walking shoes to really enjoy this park.

Dave (Radar1) said this a couple years ago and it still applies...

"You can register by sending an email to richfreed@aol.com. No sites are set aside, it's pretty much whatever campsite you can get for the rally.
As the dates get closer, many people find they can't make it due to other commitments or health reasons and have to cancel their reservations. We have made last minute reservations a couple times and were able to keep checking the reservation site and grabbing a cancellation."

Good luck!
Old 09-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
ScampCamp 2022 Feb 14-18

Highlands Hammock State Park in Sebring FL.
Expecting a great time and a good turnout.
Registration will be at site 78 with the registration tent and activities agenda.
Contact me or Dick Freed for questions , suggestions or to report that you've got reservations.

Please let us know ahead of time if you're coming so we can plan activities around attendance.
Floyd,

Gail and I will be in Site 83. She is planning to do a craft session making a “Scandinavian Star.” Participants will need to bring scissors. We will provide all materials. Hope you and Deb have had a good summer. We have been out since June 1, but are heading home from Northern Georgia in the morning.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #4

Name: Liz
Trailer: Currently shopping
New York
Not-yet-owners looking to learn more...

Hello,

My husband and I are looking to purchase a molded fiberglass travel trailer in the near future, but we definitely fall into the type of buyers who want to see and be inspired before we buy, and we're new to the TT community. We are in the Northeast, so not nearby any of the MFG TT manufacturers we are interested in (Scamp, Casita, Escape, Oliver, Bigfoot), and it doesn't seem like many of these manufacturers go to the big RV shows, since volume isn't really their game -- they are more about quality and customization (which is why we love them!)

My question is: do TT owners who attend these meetups and rallies tend to welcome visitors who are non-owners to come and get a sense of the trailers themselves and to hear directly from owners about their journeys with MFG TTs? My mother in law lives not far from ScampCamp 2022, so for instance, we've thought about coming to visit her and then camping at Highlands Hammock to make friends and see some Scamps, but I didn't know if a show & tell / open-camper session is ever officially a part of these events, or if people would generally welcome some nice, curious newbies wandering around and saying hi, seeing what we can learn. We love hearing directly from owners vs salespeople/manufacturers...TIA for your advice!

Thanks,
Liz
TheCorios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Liz,
My experience with most RV owners is they are more than willing to answer/discuss most anything you'd like to talk about (camper related of course). I've owned our 13' Scamp deluxe since we bought it new in 2007 and the two scamp outs we've attended allowed for visiting with owners and looking at units of those attending.
You will have a very welcoming host (Floyd) who most of us would agree is a terrific resource in all things Scamp as well most of the other units you mentioned. I highly recommend you attend this event, you will be welcomed and very glad you did!
Old 10-19-2021, 07:47 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
[QUOTE=TheCorios;827968]Hello,

My husband and I are looking to purchase a molded fiberglass travel trailer in the near future, but we definitely fall into the type of buyers who want to see and be inspired before we buy, and we're new to the TT community. We are in the Northeast,

Where in New York are you Liz ? Casita, and maybe Scamp also, have a referral program where they will connect you with owners in your area. The only fiberglass camper rally that I know of in the Northeast is Spring Fling in New England which is in May in New Hampshire. We attended it a few years ago but don't plan on doing it again.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:18 PM   #7

Registry
The ScampCamp is attended by every sort of Fiberglass trailer (lots of Scamps and Casitas) plus everything else.
Everybody loves to show their trailers and we even have a designated Open house time as well as a tech session. If you are anywhere near Sebring around that time you will be welcomed and sure to enjoy your visit!

Tags
scamp