Scamp 13 Water Tank Location - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #1

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Scamp
Maine
Scamp 13 Water Tank Location

I have a 1986 scamp, the water tank had been removed but was still with the trailer. I am going to put it back in and am wondering where under the dinette bench Scamp would place the tank. Did they tuck it close to the freshwater fill spout? Or is it better for weight reasons to move it closer to the wheel well?
peedee360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
My 2007 13' deluxe tank is mounted under the door side dinette seat with the drain valve attached directly to the tank and positioned over a hole in the floor. This leaves enough space for my electric water pump to be mounted in front (toward the front of the scamp) of the tank. You may not want/need a electric water pump and I'm simply mentioning it as a reference point on tank positioning.
Hope this helps a bit!
Old 11-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Where ever it fits

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedee360 View Post
I have a 1986 scamp, the water tank had been removed but was still with the trailer. I am going to put it back in and am wondering where under the dinette bench Scamp would place the tank. Did they tuck it close to the freshwater fill spout? Or is it better for weight reasons to move it closer to the wheel well?
You will be forced into picking the location. Start by lining up the drain hole with the drain valve hose. You will find it VERY hard to get your hand tools in position to tighten both the hose clamps (fill and vent) and the straps. Then place the 12 volt pump (if you are using one) in the space remaining. This will be a good time to install a winterizing hose as well. I have also installed an accumulator tank to prevent the pump from short cycling when running water slowly. Picture is a 16'.
Attached Thumbnails
16 BYPASS1.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp