Complete Scamp Remodel (after pictures)! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-06-2021, 10:08 AM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Scamp
New York
Smile Complete Scamp Remodel (after pictures)!

Hi Forum!
I’m newly registered but I’ve been reading threads for over a year now. All of your advice and support came in super handy when I was working on my COVID project: the remodel of a 1977 13” Scamp! I picked it up over a year ago near Bemidji, MN when I was visiting family and I brought her back to the east coast.

After a ton of work, money, sweat and love, I’ve basically finished! But unfortunately I’ve put so much of my time and money into it, I need to sell it. I really didn't cut any corners on this one and it bled me dry haha. Oh well, on to the next fiberglass rehab, I guess.

I was hoping some of you could help me price it? I have only a vague idea of where to begin and I’m not the best at this part. I'm not expecting to make a fortune on it- I really did it for the shear pleasure. Thank you all for your knowledge and support!!!

Of course, if anyone has questions about how I did something or how something works, I'd love to pass on what I've learned during this process.

Best,
Mark
PS here’s a list of some included items in my scamp:

-new mahogany interior with marine finish and stainless steel hardware
-new electrical system with 100ah battery and connections for solar, etc
-new led running lights, task lights, and porch light with USB and AC outlets (included with a pure sine wave inverter)
-new plumbing system with Shureflow pump, silencer, and accumulator tank
-new 12 gallon fresh water tank and Gray water tank
-brushed aluminum kitchen with modern sink and two-burner propane stove
-15 amp shore power outlet
-Fiamma F45s awning
-new Maxfan ceiling fan with special vent
-new curtains and hardware by Rejuvenation
-Newly painted shell with epiphanes paint
-stainless steel barometric and temperature gauge
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp pic 2.jpg   Scamp 1.jpg  

Scamp 3.jpg   Scamp 4.jpg  

markj1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 10:34 AM   #2

Name: Mike
California
Oh my goodness, you did one heck of a good job on that thing. I am a finish carpenter and look for details, I zoomed in on your photos, very nice work.
It’s hard to guesstimate the value from a handful of photos, I don’t know the condition of the frame, I don’t know the condition of the axle which is not a big deal but the frame is. If the door lines up at the head and tucks in at the bottom so it closes tight and properly that’s a big plus. I must’ve missed where you are located, if you are in or near A large Metropolitan area with a good local economy you will certainly get more but I’m sure you already know many people are willing to drive hundreds of miles for one of these and yours appears to be top notch.
Personally I think some will like or dislike the exterior color but I think it looks good with the black on the roof vent hood. It all flows very nicely.
I don’t know if it’s worth over 20k but I believe it’s certainly worth over 15k. This is just a rough guesstimate from some guy on the West Coast who looked at a handful of pictures but I think it looks nice and you did put a lot of sweat and nice upgrades into it.
If it were on the West Coast I think 18K would be a good place to start. Hopefully you’re not in a real big hurry to sell it. I did read on the form here someone said the prices go down a little bit during the winter but the sunbelt was not affected much, I’m not sure about that but these are truly desirable trailers. Good luck with your sale, I will be watching this thread.
I’m thinking high teens.
Mike in SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:06 AM   #3

Name: Mark
New York
Mike! Thanks so much for the reply and the info! I really appreciate your knowledge and for the hype! I agree with everything you said given what I’ve read. I was *hoping* you’d say more since recouping my costs let alone efforts would take a high price.

I’m going to set up an external gallery of better quality pics for people to look at so they have a little bit more information to go on. But I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to join the convo!
Mark
markj1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:17 PM   #4

Name: Sue
Trailer: In the market
Connecticut
List it for free on Facebook Marketplace for lots of eyes!

Nice job! Have you tried listing it on Facebook Marketplace? In addition, there are plenty of Scamp Facebook groups to join like 'Scamp Trailer Classified' with members actively looking to purchase for themselves and keeping an eye out for their interested friends.

If you're looking to sell for top dollar, and this is just my opinion, but you should go back to the original white exterior and maybe even replace the Scamp decals. Scamps have a certain cache but a Scamp that doesn't look like a Scamp might not. Plus, some women (such as myself) may be put off by the dark intense color. I love, love, love the interior- it's gorgeous! As is & selling on the east coast in the winter, I'd list it for 13K or for 14K if more like the original exterior.
SueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:37 PM   #5

Name: Heather
Trailer: Trail Mite
Michigan
Registry
I don't have any idea of price, but I bought my Trail Mite on marketplace. I love what you've done. Is it blue or green? I like the dark color. And I love the floor under the table. You did a really nice job. I hope you get a lot of money!!
Mitten Mitsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #6

Name: Heather
Trailer: Scamp 13' Shopping
North Carolina
Your handiwork is STUNNING

Wow. As a mother, my first thought was of how proud your mother must be of you! You did such beautiful work.

I wold post pictures and put it out to bid!

I am always surprised at how many people say, "First come, first sold" when so many have not had the chance to even see it, visit with spouse, crunch numbers, visit trailer, ask questions, think hard, make offer.

I've never heard of anyone selling a home by telling potentional buyers, "I sold it to the very first person who called and showed up."
Hommy Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:44 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
First come, first served is the norm in the molded trailer market. Some people will hold for an out-of-town buyer, usually with a deposit. That can get complicated. Think it through before you go that route.

With houses, people sometimes bid up the price yes, but RVs are not houses. For one, they’re not tied to a particular location. As a buyer I’m not about to travel any distance to inspect an RV without some certainty as to price. If you do want to go the bidding route, use an online auction service like eBay.

Setting your asking price is not easy. Without an in-person inspection I wouldn’t even hazard a guess. Your cabinetry is gorgeous. The dark paint will be polarizing. I'd personally want white on top to reduce heat gain. I am wondering about the frame, axle, brakes, floor… Did you do any chassis removations?

Research comps on www.fiberglass-RV-4sale.com. Calculate your break-even figure, and know your bottom line “if I can’t get at least this much, I will keep it” value. Somewhere in all of that is your answer.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp