Plisse screen door repair or build/find bi-fold screen door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2022, 05:12 PM   #1

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Plisse screen door repair or build/find bi-fold screen door

All -

Does anyone, who has repaired/replaced the tension lines in a Plisse screen door, on a Scamp 16 Deluxe have any photos/videos of the repair?

Or ....

Does anyone have one oof the older bi-fold screen doors that they would like to sell?

Or ...

Does anyone have plans and/or videos for re-creating the old bi-fold screen door?

Thanks bunches!

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 06:55 AM   #2

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
I have the same question.
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 07:23 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Norm built a bi-fold screen door from scratch for his 1991 Scamp 16. Here's a link to the first in a series of posts (not all in sequence, so you'll have to do some scrolling). Since you have the Plisse, you already have the framework.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Home built Screen door

I began by building a bi-fold screen door. Followed by two side members and a top member.

The couch side wooden member is curved to fit the trailer. The cabinet side member is a 1x2. These two are screwed to the cabinet, couch, and door frame. A wooden cross member is at the top creating an over the door shelf replacing our former over the door shelf.

Their is presently a wooden member at floor level that will be removed once everything is screwed in.

Trim, latching mechanisms and the like are yet to be added.

The curved couch side wooden piece will get an led light fixture on the couch side once completed. All wood will be urethane.

A rubber floor 'sweeper' will be added to the bottom.

Attachment 63626

Attachment 63627

When I am done it'll add more and better pictures. A day invest so far.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:58 PM   #4

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Thanks, Jon!

Thanks, Jon!

I know Norm & Ginny , have seen his/their trailer (long ago), and visited their Escapee park home down in Florida.

I have reached out to Norm via email and haven't heard a reply yet. (They are probably traveling ... hopefully in the cooler North country ... like their travels to Newfoundland. )

I've seen a newer Scamp with the new Phantom retractable screen door and we have the Plisse door with the broken/detached tension line.

All considered, I think that we liked the old bi-fold screen door [like we had on our Scamp13] best of all. Simple ... easily maintained, etc.

Regards,

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:52 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I’m with you on the bi-fold. Simple, functional, and user serviceable.

If you do make one, I’d suggest two improvements. I’d add middle bars to improve stiffness and kick panels at the bottom.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp