Casita's new interior - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #1

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Casita's new interior

While I am a "Scamp Guy" and just took delivery of my 2019 Scamp 16 layout 4 in Dec, I must say, I really like the more modern look of the new Casita interior. Good job.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:52 AM   #2

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
On the Casita Facebook group, the reception was mixed. I think it is a good move for them to attract a younger, more impulsive audience. My wife initially got me started looking at eggs when she commented on the Scamp, but I found the interior underwhelming when comparing it to stickies and teardrops. It took a bit to circle back around and realize that the merits of a molded FG trailer outweigh the ugly interiors that so many have.

Let's be honest: most millenials are less concerned with the experience of camping and more so with how we are perceived while camping. It's important that social media knows we're both having a good time (as you can see by our smiles) and that we are doing so in style. A Casita with a modern interior is more Instagram-friendly than the wood-on-white look of the old design.

Now if they would just lose the carpeted walls, they'd really be onto something!
Old 03-13-2019, 08:13 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
PICTURES!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #4

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Floyd, check out the Casita website, they have updated many of the photos.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #5

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I don't mind it, but it's leaning towards that "airplane coach" feel that a lot of modern motorhomes have. Not my favorite, but not so bad.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
Floyd, check out the Casita website, they have updated many of the photos.
Nice updates! Looks like a good job of redecorating, more than a remodel.
I really like the color changes, it looks very inviting and modern.

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for the pic Floyd.

I like it! It doesnt look so "antiquated" to me. It ACUTALLY has an "Oliver" appeal to it!

Darral
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #8

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Nice updates! Looks like a good job of redecorating, more than a remodel.
I really like the color changes, it looks very inviting and modern.

Love the new interior ! Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #9

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
LOVE the New Look. My wife loved it & we ordered one. I have emailed Poor Jonathan to make sure we were getting those new colors about 6 times.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #10

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Love the new look. Our Scamp frame broke recently and we looked at buying a new Scamp, but didn't. You know why? That ugly faux wood cabinetry and outdated upholstery. It's time to get with the times. Most people want simple and clean.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:50 PM   #11

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Casita's new interior

It does look nice, although the only new changes are the faux oak cabinet doors, tables, and bulkheads now painted (laminated?) grey and white, and the new flooring. The charcoal grey upholstery has been available for several years. Wonder if there are any other choices?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:38 AM   #12

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
There comes a time when there is no choice but to make a change because what they used to use has been discontinued.

They have been out off step with the current trends for interior decoration for more than a decade. Brown is out, grey is in.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #13

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
One thing that's sure to always be in, though, are photos of scenery stuck to the outside of the windows, and either coffee or wine glasses in every interior photo.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Fortunately, paint for cupboard doors, fabric for curtains, upholstery and flooring are all relatively inexpensive (except maybe the upholstery...). Besides, all that stuff will become 'dated' or worn out given enough time. Too those are the easiest items to change when an owner wishes to freshen up their trailer. Yesterday's brown and today's gray may become tomorrow's soft green. I'd never buy a trailer because I was impressed with the color 'scheme,' when there are so many other factors to consider. YMMV
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #15

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Minnesota
Well put me down for one that absolutely hates the new interior. I would not be purchasing a Casita today if this were the only choice, which it is.

I'll take the warm glow of fake wood any day rather than suffering in a camper that's grey. A little poem for ya
Randy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I have some friends that freshened up a 2006 Casita with a coat of paint on the cupboard doors, new curtains to compliment the upholstery and duvet cover. Bright! No one says you ever have to stay 'stock.' YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
2006.jpg  
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #17

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
You can describe the new Casita interior with any adjective you choose , mine would be BUTT UGLY . We own a 2013 Casita and if the only interior available at our time of purchase was the gray , we would have walked , no ran away !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #18

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Fortunately, paint for cupboard doors, fabric for curtains, upholstery and flooring are all relatively inexpensive (except maybe the upholstery...). Besides, all that stuff will become 'dated' or worn out given enough time. Too those are the easiest items to change when an owner wishes to freshen up their trailer. Yesterday's brown and today's gray may become tomorrow's soft green. I'd never buy a trailer because I was impressed with the color 'scheme,' when there are so many other factors to consider. YMMV
We get the shiny here in Australia as they so much easier to clean
https://avidarv.com.au/2014/07/07/in...caravan-range/
RobertRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I have some friends that freshened up a 2006 Casita with a coat of paint on the cupboard doors, new curtains to compliment the upholstery and duvet cover. Bright! No one says you ever have to stay 'stock.' YMMV

Yep! That’s our 2003 Casita that I painted 3 years ago! Donna is right, paint, flooring, and fabric (sorta) is all pretty inexpensive. In fact in the 13 years we’ve owned our Casita, I’ve put in two floors, two new curtains, new upholstery, painted cabinets once (so far), and two new “tile” backsplashes.

To each his own, but ALL RV manufacturers in my interior design opinion are WAY behind current style trends.

And yes, all RV makers do pretty lame photography of their interiors. Backgrounds are now just Photoshopped in (poorly) I might add.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #20

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I like it. I didn't like those brown swirly colored seats so I made some covers for them in my trailer.

I wonder if the vinyl floor is now standard? The gray and the fake floor look nice together.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita