Buying a Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2003, 10:47 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Buying a Boler

We are looking at a 1972 13ft. Boler. It is basically in good shape but needs cosmetic work. The exterior is very oxidized and dull. It has sink stove and fridge - no furnace. I would like to get an opinion on a price of $2000.00 Canadian for it. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks for any help as we are completely new to this kind of trailer. We have owned several over the years but not fibreglass. We would like this one for our retirement to tow behind our 1955 Chevy.:red :red I have just realized I have this post in the wrong forum but don't know how to change it. Sorry

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:32 PM   #2

deal

If it is in physically good shape (or even physically respectable shape) - I'd say that CDN$2000 was a fairly good deal.

One thing to look out for on Bolers however is a known weak spot in the frame. The frame elements running the length of the trailer bend inwards near the front. That bend is the weak spot and MANY Bolers will have a frame crack at that point. That being said - it's something to check (and maybe a nice bargaining chip) but there's little reason for it to be a deal breaker. It can be reinforced at pretty much any welding shop. We had ours done soon after we bought it for a cost of about US$130. However that figure also included the labor to weld on the four scissor jacks we had onto the frame too. The actual frame repair was pretty simple compared to that. :)

When it comes to the basic structural elements of the trailer (frame, floor, shell, seats, beds etc) there isn't much that isn't fairly easily repaired one way or another (I can direct you to the photos of mine during restoration if you're interested).

Frankly - working on a Boler is gonna seem like childs play relative to the work I'm guessing was done on that '55 Chev.

mkw

Old 05-08-2003, 01:35 PM   #3

Barbara:

I moved your post for you - this is probably a more appropriate spot.

2000.00 bucks CDN for a 72 Boler sound like a good deal, providing it is in reasonable shape. For reference do a BOLER keyword search on www.buysell.com

There are lots out there and your price seems bang on - negotiate!
;)

Tags
boler