Oxygen owners what do you use for heat? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 08:12 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Oxygen owners what do you use for heat?

I recently purchased this little Oxygen. Today I was looking under the table bench and noticed a long pliable propane line. I then looked around and LOL noticed that there is no heater at all. It would be easy enough to install a catalytic heater I just want to know who uses what and is it sufficient. I was so excited to buy this thing I didn't even think to ask whether it had a heater or not. It boggles my mind sometimes how senile I am becoming LOL!!!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:21 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
catalytic heaters really need ventilation, and shouldn't be used in a tightly closed space.

most smaller RVs use forced air furnaces.

even tho our Escape 21 is at least twice the size inside as our Casita 16 was, I find its better insulation means the heater runs less than half as often to keep it warm
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
If you plan to mostly camp with hookups, a small electric heater works great. We have one that has an eco mode at 750 Watts with a higher setting of 1500.

We also have a Little Buddy that we use occasionally when we are boondocking. It has a low oxygen sensor but our Campster has plenty at ventilation with the popup. We never use it at night, only to take off the chill.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:45 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
If you plan to mostly camp with hookups, a small electric heater works great. We have one that has an eco mode at 750 Watts with a higher setting of 1500.

We also have a Little Buddy that we use occasionally when we are boondocking. It has a low oxygen sensor but our Campster has plenty at ventilation with the popup. We never use it at night, only to take off the chill.
I'd never purchased a camper that didn't have a heater. I use a small electric whenever I have hookups. I'm mostly shocked that the Oxygen doesn't have one. Does anyone have any of the original paperwork? I'd like to know if a heater was even an option. I still love this little trailer regardless.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:48 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
A “Propex” forced air/ducted furnace takes up very little room, and they even have models that mount outside, if space is at a premium. We use it while boon docking, but use a “Pelonis” small ceramic electric heater when we have shore power available. I sure would like to see an oxygen trailer in person sometime.
Best of luck.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:52 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
A “Propex” forced air/ducted furnace takes up very little room, and they even have models that mount outside, if space is at a premium. We use it while boon docking, but use a “Pelonis” small ceramic electric heater when we have shore power available. I sure would like to see an oxygen trailer in person sometime.
Best of luck.
Dave & Paula
We'll be at Quartzite and probably Havasu next February. Come have a peek.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:59 PM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
You might also look at the Platinum Cat, a catalytic that ducts to the outside.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: Bigfoot B 17 deluxe
British Columbia
Thumbs up Propane line ??????

This is olde news BUT ...... I shared the same experience , very excited to own this Oxygen ,,,,,, a piece of Art on wheels(IMO)... the propane line in question must have been intended for use with an outside BBQ and/or stove in mind(were are the instructions when needed??) ... I've decommissioned and removed and will hook up a splitter from my propane tank for outside use ..... heat ??,, I use a small ceramic heated when we have power , making coffee in the morning usually heats things up ( a couple of sweaters seems to work as well) ......... we just returned from a 5 week road trip.. the trailer performed perfectly AND I was very pleased with our 2010 Ford Escape(3 L power) seems to be a great pairing ...... I especially liked the "downhill" mode stock with the transmission ........ no need for trailer brakes ........ the Oxygen is NOT a four season trailer ...... Eggbert will be resting under cover as the weather becomes more chilly here in Western Canada ........ enjoy .... standing by john
Corbett Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #9

Registry
I remembered that I had bought a Mr Heater at a garage sale some time back for $5. I went out to the garage and dug around and found it. It is brand new and never been taken out of the box. Hopefully it will never be needed but I'll carry it around just the same. I do have my little ceramic heater that has served me well whenever needed and shore power was available.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #10

Name: john
Trailer: Bigfoot B 17 deluxe
British Columbia
heat

Perfect ...... Never throw anything away has been my motto .... I found a "hitch lock" in my miscellaneous box the other day ... a garage sale item from several years ago ...... cheers .... john
Corbett Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #11

Registry
Did anyone ever determine if we are going to have an Oxygen get together?

Tags
oxygen