Help with Weight Distribution Hitch on Bigfoot 21RB with no storage box. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azfoot View Post
I believe the EQ hitch is great just like the Anderson. They both would work.

The difference for me at least is the Anderson does not require grease and is light to take off and on. It is easier to adjust is my opinion.

It’s really personal choice.

Buyer beware if you are getting a used one. After last fall Anderson changed the design as to add a brake materiel cone retainer. This kept the white brake cone material from squeezing out the top and reducing the sway control over long use.

See picture below from amazon customer review, not mine...

Picture on left is without design. Picture on right is with design change.

Thanks again! Very helpful.
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:44 AM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
I didn't think I would like the Anderson WDH, but since it is the only one that will fit the Oliver without having to cut away some of the fiberglass front shell, I will be going with the Anderson on our new Oliver. The owners on the Oliver Forum have convinced me it is the way to go and hookup and unhook is very easily done. Ok, so it's the Anderson for me. It is true that older Anderson's did have some problems with there hitches, but all have been corrected and work as they were intended to. Biggest problem with the Anderson is to leave your triangle plate at 90 degrees to the trailer tongue, this is easily done by loosing the chains before backing, thus when your tow vehicle and trailer are straight to each other your plate should be in proper alignment. If not you will have to line up the plate by hooking up one chain and pulling the plate into alignment, then readjusting both chains, just easier to unhook with the plate in the correct position. Watch an Anderson video on YouTube you can see what happens and why.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:00 PM   #23

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
Great sense of humor. Some of these responses are just comical!
He wasn’t kidding, I was about to suggest the same thing, he just beat me to it. Buy something big enough to safely pull the trailer without a bunch of “fixes.”
Steve Outlaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:31 AM   #24

Name: Jon
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
He wasn’t kidding, I was about to suggest the same thing, he just beat me to it. Buy something big enough to safely pull the trailer without a bunch of “fixes.”

I just love when a person comes to a post with a specific question about a specific item and someone chimes in with a totally off topic suggestion.
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #25

Name: Stu
Trailer: 2003 21RB Bigfoot
Coos Bay, Oregon
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
I just love when a person comes to a post with a specific question about a specific item and someone chimes in with a totally off topic suggestion.
'Zactly - Using a weight distribution hitch to pull a travel trailer is such an outlandish idea and fraught with peril
South Coast Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #26

Name: T
Arizona
This is why I like this forum. There is a good mix of people with a strong technical opinion but with a good sense of humor.
Azfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:27 PM   #27

Name: Norman
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Coast Stu View Post
Wow, that must have been a difficult delivery! Good thing it wasn't a 3/4 ton

Joking aside - Nice set-up! How is the little diesel for mileage and power?
I’m curious about the baby Duramax as well. YouTube seems to like it. Not as much horsepower as the V6, but more torque and better mileage.
Norman Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, weight