MD SOLD: 1974 Amerigo FG-16 $550 OBO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: Amerigo
Maryland
SOLD: 1974 Amerigo FG-16 $550 OBO

Amerigo FG16 trailer. Original and mostly complete, but needs repair and complete restoration. The title is clean. I'm cleaning out my Dad's collection and I am tryng to get it to someone who can appreciate it. The price is negotiable, but I have some money tied up in getting a clean title and the new tires. It has been sitting for several years, and the windows leaked and damaged the walls and the inside wooden floor. The fiberglass shell including the roof and outer floor are in good shape except for the splits in the rear near the rear bumper from being jacked up by the rear bumper with a lot of stuff being stored inside. (The flex of the frame caused the splits) The frame, axle, and hubs are all solid and in decent shape. I just installed new tires so it will be safe to tow. The rear tail lights work, but the marker lights do not work. The hydraulic surge brake system will need rebuilding or replacement with an electric brake system. All of the appliances are inside (working condition unknown). There is a self contained toilet in the front closet. (None of the Amerigo trailers came with a shower). The craigslist posting is here.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/rvs...746390463.html

Call me if you are interested. (see craigslist ad)

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3768.JPG  
Old 11-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Wow. That needs a lot of work, but for someone able to restore it, they'd have a real gem.
I've never seen that model Amerigo and I love it.

Walt
Old 11-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
That would be an awesome project!
Great price!
Other side of the continent!
Fred
Old 11-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #4

Name: Brian
Trailer: Amerigo
Maryland
Update: A young couple came by today and bought the trailer as a restoration project. Glad to see it go to a good home.

Tags
amerigo