Going back to Restoring my Amrigo F-16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2020, 03:39 PM   #1

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: Amerigo F-16 1978?
New Hampshire
Registry
Going back to Restoring my Amerigo F-16

Had to take a break for many reasons, but spring is in the air and I can get back to using my fiberglass resins and moving this project along! I have had to completely gut the inside of the camper due to the roof had collapsed from too much ice and snow year after year. This was pulled out of the woods in Maine. A mouse infested shotgun shack to say the least!! This is very time consuming with all the other projects going on but once I get the flooring back in things should speed up a bit and I will be seeking advice on many subjects.
Thank you,
Jonathan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5780.jpg   IMG_5781.jpg  

IMG_5783.jpg   IMG_5785.jpg  

JonnyX151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #2

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1971 Hunter compact Jr, 1979 Terry 19', 2003 Scamp 16'
California
I've seen one of these Morro Bay S. P. In Ca.
Nice units. It will be worth the work.
Let us see how it progresses.
Terry in Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:15 PM   #3

New Hampshire
Registry
Hello Terry,
Thank you it has been a much bigger project than expected LOL aren't they all. I will be posting additional pictures as I go! I have renovated some houses and restored and modified some cars but never a camper so it is a slow go, too easy for me to get caught up in every detail!!
Old 04-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #4

New Hampshire
Registry
A few More Pictures from day One!

Still at the gas station in Maine, pictures are not the best.
Attached Thumbnails
8-RV-Album.jpg   9-RV-Album.jpg  

10-RV-Album.jpg   11-RV-Album.jpg  

14-RV-Album.jpg   15-RV-Album.jpg  

16-RV-Album.jpg  
Old 05-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #5

Name: Ruth
Trailer: Amerigo
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyX151 View Post
Had to take a break for many reasons, but spring is in the air and I can get back to using my fiberglass resins and moving this project along! I have had to completely gut the inside of the camper due to the roof had collapsed from too much ice and snow year after year. This was pulled out of the woods in Maine. A mouse infested shotgun shack to say the least!! This is very time consuming with all the other projects going on but once I get the flooring back in things should speed up a bit and I will be seeking advice on many subjects.
Thank you,
Jonathan
Hi!!! I have drawings that my contractor husband drew to completely rebuild the stove/sink/counter/fan above range.....and addition of a small microwave above sink if you want them.
Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #6

New Hampshire
Registry
Hello Giggles,
Thank you so much, I would love a set of prints thank you for offering to share those. I would be happy to receive them at your earliest convenience. Please thank your husband for sharing. Do you happen to know the year of your Amerigo. Mine was sold to me as a 1978 but from some of the pictures I have seen I think it is earlier than that.
Thank you
Jonathan
Old 05-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Amerigo
Wisconsin
Home stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyX151 View Post
Still at the gas station in Maine, pictures are not the best.
I found a 1973 Fg16 last summer, I did a few things then and a little bit over winter.
I am just finishing some paneling repairs and reinstalling some windows. ( I think I may take the last 2 out and reset them anyhow. I've found the caulking wasn't up to the task and caused some leaking. They will not leak now) the thing that I did that I think was the best improvement was replacing the axle. The old dexter axle just sat too low in the wheel well. It was a 4" drop axle, I put a straight back in. Now it is about 15" off the ground measured from floor height with door open, more clearance for rear bumper etc.
I will get some pics together soon. Just got new drapes made, cushions in the works now.

Tom
bigangelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #8

New Hampshire
Registry
Hello Tom,
Thank you for commenting on my thread. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures as well. I started a gallery here on FRV. Not working quite as I had hoped but I can upload and comment on up to 100 pictures. I noticed it seems a thread gets pretty broken up with questions and comments.
I had not done enough research prior to getting the bearings and brakes redone so I am going to live with the LOW and SLOW model until otherwise needed. I thought it would be on the road by now but I had to shut the project down. I am praying for this fall to have it wired and painted with bare bones interior so I can at least have a go of it!
Thank you
Jonathan
Old 06-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #9

New Hampshire
Registry
Please Check out the Gallery Album I have started to document the progress of the project!

Tags
amerigo