Trillium 1300 Renovation - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #21

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
IMHO I like it without the belly band! Are these the hinges you need? 139 Series Hinge 139 Series Hinge Specifications 139 Sales

You got the right style just the wrong offset..Has to have a 3/8" offset at one time I could get them at 3 different location's but now the 3/8" offset is a exclusive item for Trillium only..go figure..But thanks for trying anyway..
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWA View Post
Looks very nice.....do you have the color code? brand of paint?

Ant tips or hints? Looking forward to seeing how this trailer turns out!!

Good Luck
I had the paint colored matched to a piece of fiberglass I cut out of the side of the closet to install a storage ben.. I went to O'reillys Auto Parts and asked for the best paint they carried for fiberglass and bought that....I bought primer that was a cream color also so it would be easier to cover... I'll get you the paint type and post it tomorrow............
Old 08-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #23

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Did you try Joe at Team Trillium (Outback) for the hinges?
I got mine there last year with no problem... except the price $129 for the pair.

Fred
freddie b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie b View Post
Did you try Joe at Team Trillium (Outback) for the hinges?
I got mine there last year with no problem... except the price $129 for the pair.

Fred

Hey I don't mind paying a "little more" if they will just talk to you or at least return your e-mails..On the door gasket Tom finally returned my e-mail with me pasted in to a guy named "JOEY" back at his parts house informing him to send me a price on the gasket...Of course that never happen as usual and I was forced to buy 250' of the stuff from e-bay..
I'll give Outback a try and see if they want to do some busniess thanks for the heads up...
Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #25

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
thank you
KevinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #26

Too late now but you can also get the new style door seal from Outback.
freddie b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #27

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
new style on there would look super cool!
KevinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #28

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Hey Fred, add up the price for a PAIR of these hinges from donna's link and you'll realize you got a great deal. Not to sound like a broken record here but; Joe @ Outback is a pleasure to deal with, prompt, and cheap. Randy, quit-yer-bitchin' and order your hinges!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Hey Fred, add up the price for a PAIR of these hinges from donna's link and you'll realize you got a great deal. Not to sound like a broken record here but; Joe @ Outback is a pleasure to deal with, prompt, and cheap. Randy, quit-yer-bitchin' and order your hinges!
Ordered the hinges from Outback nearly a month ago but they are on back order and I don't know when I'll get them but hopefully soon can't do much with the door missing seems every time I uncover it to do some work it starts raining.. So I decided since I've installed LED's everywhere on the exterior execpt the tail lights i would tackle that problem..Since all LED tail lights are smaller than the orginals I decided to rebuild the orginals. I had a set of LED's that took off another trailer because they are so short they don't cover the orginal holes so I took them apart and married the two together so the orginals are now LED's..Here's a few pictures..I haven't installed them yet hope to do so tomorrow..
Attached Thumbnails
Tail%20lights%20002.jpg   Tail%20lights%20001.jpg  

Tail%20lights%20003.jpg   Tail%20lights%20004.jpg  

Old 09-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #30

Got the lights installed and thought I would show the progress so far still waiting on door hinges as usual..hope to get back at it real soon sure looks different from what I started with....
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium%201300%20002.jpg   Trillium%201301%20003.jpg  

Old 09-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #31

Trailer: 1976 Surfside
Your trailer look better then new! Love the extra brake light ,Great looking trailer.
ken h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #32

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
How do the new tail lights perform compared to the old bulbs
I've been tempted to do this mod myself if it makes a difference
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #33

Name: Rod
Trailer: 2014 GWV Trillium Sidekick 1500
British Columbia
Registry
Fridge Vents

Hi Randy,

Where did you get those fridge vents? Are they the originals just sand blasted or are they new?

I am a Trilliumaire - I can go camping anytime, any place, anywhere.
Rodre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #34

Name: Mike and Penny
Trailer: Bigfoot 17B-Gaucho 1989
Orange County, S. Calif.(Fountain Valley-Huntington Beach)
Registry
Not your first rodeo

Randy, when your done with this one. Any idea how much money it will take to get it where you want it? Will you be changing major components, like the refer, converter etc. Etc. Etc. I just when through a 1989 17B Bigfoot. Bought it for $3K, and spent another $4K. The AC and the water pump seem ok for now.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodre View Post
Hi Randy,

Where did you get those fridge vents? Are they the originals just sand blasted or are they new?
Stripped them with paint remover then went over them with a wire brush on a cordless drill then sprayed them down with EAGLE 1 MAG WHEEL ETCHING CLEANER that stuff boils up like a Alka-Seltzer and leaves it looking like new I use the stuff on the windows and all aluminum parts on the camper................
Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike N. View Post
Randy, when your done with this one. Any idea how much money it will take to get it where you want it? Will you be changing major components, like the refer, converter etc. Etc. Etc. I just when through a 1989 17B Bigfoot. Bought it for $3K, and spent another $4K. The AC and the water pump seem ok for now.
I really don't know how much it will take to remodel it, mostly labor on my part, the converter is good, the roof A/C works great just need a new shroud, heater was given to me from Francesca a member on here. I build my own cabinet doors, do my own sewing, I install hardwood flooring that I buy at yard sales (best place I've found to buy it..Because when someone does their floor they usually have 3 or 4 cartons left over, not enough to do much so you can usually buy enough to do a camper for $10.. I've got several styles in the shed that I've bought over the last couple of years). This one I'm doing a little different than the others I'm going to stress antique the cabinet doors in a cream color the same color as the camper..I've been working on them should get them done next week if I don't do too much bow hunting...
Old 10-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #37

Hi Randy,
Just "tuned in" to see all your progress on the Ole Girl here. Very exciting. Makes me feel great that she found such a good home. I really admire your patience and know that I could have never put that kind of effort into restoring and/or maintaining this old egg. I'm so glad there are people like you who see the beauty in these old trailers and can bring them back to life. I hope you have many years of enjoyment camping and enjoying the hours of labor you have put into it.
Nancy H128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy H128 View Post
Hi Randy,
Just "tuned in" to see all your progress on the Ole Girl here. Very exciting. Makes me feel great that she found such a good home. I really admire your patience and know that I could have never put that kind of effort into restoring and/or maintaining this old egg. I'm so glad there are people like you who see the beauty in these old trailers and can bring them back to life. I hope you have many years of enjoyment camping and enjoying the hours of labor you have put into it.

Great to see you looking in on the progress, really been slow now that hunting season is here and because of the wait I had to endure on the hinges has really put me behind..Keep checking back and hopefully it will all come together...RANDY
Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #39

Well after winter has passed it's time to get back at it and finish this one up... got 2 others to get on when done with this one.....needed to get it back to the front page and i'll post some pictures soon...

After thinking about it over the winter I've decided "NOT" to re-install the roof air-conditioner if anyone is interested in the fiberglas [piece that fits on the roof, the air-conditioner and the trim piece that goes in the interior let me know...It's big...It's heavy.....and it's awkward....Someone can have it for free just pay the shipping cost......I've sanded it down painted it with 2 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear it really looks good..
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #40
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Well after winter has passed it's time to get back at it and finish this one up... got 2 others to get on when done with this one.....needed to get it back to the front page and i'll post some pictures soon...
Winter? In Alabama? Oh come on now.. Glad you're back. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your latest "fix". Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium