Bonair Oxygen Serial # Help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Bonair Oxygen Serial # Help

I'm getting ready to run up to Canada and purchase an Oxygen. One of the problems I'm having is the current owner can't find the Vin/Serial number on the rig. Do any of you know where he might look for the number? It's a 600+ mile drive for me so I need to get everything taken care of prior to going up.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Where in Canada? What Province?
If BC, he must have his registration and a transfer form. The information would be on it. Is the thing insured? Should be there too.
Attached Thumbnails
Insurance 2018.jpg  
Old 08-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #3

Registry
Alberta. He has the registration with the numbers but can't locate where the number is on the frame. Customs told me they will impound it if I can't prove it is not stolen with the proper numbers that match the registration.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
On the Escape the numbers on on a document that is glued inside the wardrobe cupboard and also on a sticker on the driver side of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Specs Form.jpg   Escape wt sticker.jpg  

Old 08-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #5

Name: Phoebe
Trailer: Oxygen
Oregon
Hi Steve- I saw that you emailed me asking for help, but your account does not allow email responses posted back to you. You wrote: "My name is Steve and I'm considering buying an Oxygen up in Alberta and bringing in to the US. The problem I'm having is the current owner had the rig painted and the body shop removed all the manufacturers sticker. Could you possibly take pics of what they look like and send them to me. I have all the vin #'s date of manufacture, etc on the inside tags but I need to have the exterior tags remade."

I cannot for the life of me find any exterior tags on our Oxy. We bought it here in the states last year, and there aren't any decals/stickers on it- they must have been removed at some point in it's life before us. We do have a recorded VIN#, US license plate and tags, and the title. Can you find a reference image to show other owners so someone can confirm that some type of external tag is even a thing that existed on these?
phoebeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:59 AM   #6

Registry
Phoebe the tag should be similar to Glen's "silver" example for an "Escape" in the post previous to yours. I sent the same email to all the oxygen owners I could find and did receive responses. Basically what I needed to see is the portion that says that it meets or exceeds US federal safety regulations. When talking with customs they wanted a letter from Bonair or some/any proof that the trailer I'm looking at has been approved to be safe on US roads. I have all my Vin#'s etc on the inside tag so I don't need to see any numbers etc.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #7

Name: Phoebe
Trailer: Oxygen
Oregon
Got it, Steve! We'll have a second look around the outside and inside to see what we can find. Our Oxy was worked on and worked over extensively before it came to us, and there's nothing obvious we could find. Wishing you luck, as that Alberta Oxy does look pretty sweet. We've taken ours out monthly, and absolutely love it!
phoebeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:44 PM   #8

Registry
We are seriously thinking of going to the Fall NOG. Maybe we'll see you there.

Tags
oxygen