New EggCampers - First Hand Info - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #41

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Harold View Post
For those whose tow vehicle (such as a Prius) won't take a 5th-wheel, perhaps this will work for them (a weight-distribution hitch would be highly recommended).

And I'm sure Can-AM RV in London ON would be able to put a hitch on your sedan to tow that monster Airstream Look at their place on Google Street View. It seems the bigger the trailer the smaller the tow!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 11.14.03 AM.jpg  
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #42

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
And I'm sure Can-AM RV in London ON would be able to put a hitch on your sedan to tow that monster Airstream Look at their place on Google Street View. It seems the bigger the trailer the smaller the tow!
Next for the minimalist -- a Honda 90!

Harold
Attached Thumbnails
90.jpg  
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #43

Name: Nancy
Trailer: Eggcamper
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.C. View Post
The 5000btu air conditioner that came with my eggcamper is very sufficient to cool the trailer with one 50 cent modification. Make a shroud that throws the air up instead of out.
Great idea. We're going to give that a try.

------------------------------------
Nancy
Ruban&Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #44

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
The 5000btu air conditioner that came with my eggcamper is very sufficient to cool the trailer with one 50 cent modification. Make a shroud that throws the air up instead of out. Remember that cold air falls. I did this using an old white political sign, cutting it and velcroing it to the upper front of the air conditioner. We live and mainly camp in the hot humid South. We have stayed in the trailer with outside temps are between 90 and 100 degrees many times while the inside stays nice and cool. Agree that the vent fan that came on the eggcamper is pathetic. Problem solved by replacing with a Vortec fan-around $70 on Amazon. Easy replacement of old fan as it fits in the vent just as old fan did with no cutting-about a 30 minute job.Vortec fan is variable speed and can pull air in or push it out. I am 6’5” and love my eggcamper. We have taken several cross country trips in it with no issues.
That's got to be the best use of those otherwise-useless political signs that mankind has ever discovered! You deserve a Recycler of the Year award.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #45
vin

Name: vince
Trailer: escape
Georgia
honda 90

What type of hitch do I need for my Honda 90?
vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #46

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Smile

[QUOTE=Todd A C;750802] We have a Thedford Port-a-potty we use for middle of the night needs. It would be nice to have an enclosed space for this, but don't really need an installed toilet. It is very easier to just carry the port-a-potty to the toilet to dump and hose it down in the yard after camping. I would think that would be easier than messing with dump stations and cleaning fixed black water tanks and toilets.

If you get a older Trillium with table in front to allow the main table (in back) to be left as a bed, you can cut a hole in the side of the front storage sitting area by the door to store your port-a-potty. I used to pull it out at nighttime but last year I realized that I can simply remove the cushion & wood cover in the night I use it in the storage position (with the potty cover off) because the potty seat itself is directly below the access. I just sit sideways on the bench my butt on the potty seat....with my feet in the doorway...so handy. There's a cover hung over the cut-out so it's hidden. I only use it at night or if its raining anyway.
carmella l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:07 AM   #47

Trailer: Eggcamper 2009
EggCamper 2009 for sale

We have decided to sell our EggCamper which has been well taken care of.
Now we travel on extended trips in a larger RV. The camper is located just north of Grand Rapids, MI. If interested, I'll send more information & pictures.
Thanks.
Dennis O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:06 PM   #48

Name: Todd
Trailer: coleman pop up
Michigan
FWIW, I was an Egg Camper camping at Grand Haven State Park today.
Todd A C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #49

Trailer: Eggcamper 2009
We occasional see them on the road. I have ours listed in the classifieds with pictures. Let me know if you need further information.
Dennis O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #50

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd A C View Post
FWIW, I was an Egg Camper camping at Grand Haven State Park today.
Michigan probably has the highest census of EggCamper owners- I’ve thought of trying to track the Eggs in a registry but the missing ones would bother me We had ours out for the first time this weekend and I think it will suit us very well. Did you take a picture? Make a report on the “sightings “ forum. I’ve yet to see another MFG except where PO kept his egg they had two Casitas. But after several hundred miles of summer travel - NADA.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #51

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I have had my EggCamper for seven years and last month finally met someone with another EggCamper. I have seen and toured many other fiberglass trailers but the EggCampers are very rare.
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #52

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft (21RB25)
Egg trailers

[QUOTE=Todd A
These are going to be all electric units (no propane). Their logic was that adding propane adds a lot of complexity. They seemed keen on minimizing the number of holes they have to drill in the shell which are sources of potential leaks and weak spots. The campers will come with a window AC unit mounted inside a dinette seat (not on the roof) that could be removed if you would rather have extra storage space under that seat. The kitchen has an electric stove with a microwave above and a small refrigerator below. They didn't say anything about a heater. There will be a bracket for mounting a small generator on the tongue. There is an awing available for outside.
They were proud of several feature that they claim distinguishes the EggCamper from other fiberglass RVs, such as the sturdier than necessary 4' I beam frame (made by them), their custom suspension system, and the generous interior dimensions. They also claim it is wider than the competitors so a tall person can lay out in the bed. It did feel quite roomy, but not having any other campers of this type on hand, I can't give a fair comparison. They could not give a price point for the new trailers until they actually make some trailers and discover what their material and labor investments will actually be. They did seem to think they finished trailers will come in at around 2000 lbs.
[/QUOTE]
Starting first with electrical requirements ; there will be no such thing as a "small generator " for all those electrical and no propane setup. Looking at ; at least a 3500-5000 watts Plus generator. Might be saving money with the left hand put spending it with the right hand. They are nickel and diming to try and sell a cheap trailer as ;yes; propane stoves/ovens and fridges and water heaters are more $$ to purchase than all electric versions. The propane "complexity " requires that they have a gas licensed employee to install and test the propane system . Then added cost of fittings , regulators and tanks plus bracketing and where to install it. you mention they talk about all the holes " needed" . Propane requires 1 hole into the shell. That's all my 21ft Bigfoot has.
If their plan is to install a house type air conditioner inside the trailer ; what was there plan to get rid of the heat from the AC if totally enclosed ? That is the whole idea of mounting on the roof with all the heat venting.
My other question is : what are their trailer building qualifications ? It appears they have much to learn before they start.
Len S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #53

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We bought the all electric version and found it unsatisfactory. Itookit to a local rv dealer/repair place and had them install a propae cooktop and furnace. The factory electric heater was 1000 watts and insufficient in cold weather. The ac installed under one dinette seat didn’t cool very well. Otherwise the trailer was excellent except that the dinette converted to a bed was too short for an adult. Now have an Escape19
And have spent 3 Arizona winters in it including last winter which was colder and wetter than others I’ve experienced there.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #54

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft (21RB25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
We bought the all electric version and found it unsatisfactory. Itookit to a local rv dealer/repair place and had them install a propae cooktop and furnace. The factory electric heater was 1000 watts and insufficient in cold weather. The ac installed under one dinette seat didn’t cool very well. Otherwise the trailer was excellent except that the dinette converted to a bed was too short for an adult. Now have an Escape19
And have spent 3 Arizona winters in it including last winter which was colder and wetter than others I’ve experienced there.
Be interesting to know what they (the Egg) sell for in all electric and what it cost to convert to propane. What did you do for a fridge... convert to an ice box or ?
Pricing of a propane furnace varies from $550-650 depending on BTU vs a 1000 watt electic for maybe $50 . Small window stile air conditions run about $150 to 200 were an RV averages $800 and up and a similar story with propane fridges. PLUS installations. Then if you want to add in an Atwood stove vs a two burner electric hotplate ; there is another big difference. Those that are not happy with the purchase in a year or so take the hit on reselling or worse yet a trade in at an RV dealer and they could have bought a brand new with the right stuff in the fist place and saved hundred if not thousands in the first place. I see it all the time and not only in the RV world.
Len S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #55

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
It came with a 12 volt compressor fridge which ran off the battery. Being compressor it did not need to be level. Biggest problem with it was it was just too small even for just me. The freezer part was just about the right size to hold a couple of pounds of hamburger.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:00 PM   #56

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
The 5000btu air conditioner that came with my eggcamper is very sufficient to cool the trailer with one 50 cent modification. Make a shroud that throws the air up instead of out. ....
When camping in hot weather in the Southeast in our EggCamper, we simply set a little 6" electric fan on the floor next to the shower that blows the cool air coming out of the bench-mounted A/C unit up and to the rear, over the bed. Works for us.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:05 PM   #57

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyNorthFL View Post
.... I’ve thought of trying to track the Eggs in a registry but the missing ones would bother me ....
I pulled together a registry of sorts at one time, but many EggCamper owners don't follow this forum, and some just don't want to divulge their VIN which ends in the sequence number of their build. The highest production sequence number I recall receiving was EggCamper #144, and I believe that unit was purchased just a couple weeks before Jim closed shop.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #58

Colorado
For the type of camping we do (at least so far), we've gotten along just fine in our all-electric 2010 EggCamper. We also purchased new a 2017 model Escape 21', and we have yet to even open the valve on either of the two propane tanks it came with. But that's just us. And that's just so far. With both of us retired now, our camping style may well change in the near future.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #59

Name: Dustin
Trailer: LOOKING
Michigan
I live in Grand Rapids and can't wait to see the new eggs!

Sadly we are selling our 2009 Egg (currently in the classifieds) but I'm sure we will be back!!

db
photodusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:24 PM   #60

Name: Eric
Trailer: currently shopping
Texas
egg camper help

looking at a egg camper that has been sitting a long time. I realize that this brand has been out of production for several years, but does anyone have any Idea where the grill cover that mounts on the outside of trailer for the AC can be found. Lowes does not have and amazon does not have one that size. It appears to be 17.7 " wide x 15.7" high ,any help would be apprec…..
ewramp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper