Joined the fun Egg Camper Community - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #1

Name: Rudy
Trailer: EggCamper
Illinois
Joined the fun Egg Camper Community

My name is Rudy and my wife and I are excited to have joined the Egg Camper community. This summer we purchased a 2009 model and have had so much fun. We took an entire month and drove over 6000 miles. We learned a lot about our camper and what we like when camping.
What a great (and safe) way to travel. And I am having fun adding little fixes or tweaks to make our journeys better. Most are minor, but I wanted to tell you all about one improvement you may want to try. After 10 years of use, the sink had begun to wear out. It was stained and starting to rust. Worst yet, the clamps were failing so it was loose. Well, how about a new sink (Pictures Attached). It is a quarts composite from Elkay and just fit with a bit of fiberglass trimming. I did have to lower the drain some, as well. Otherwise, it installed just fine.
So off we go to enjoy our Egg Camper and our new sink.
Attached Thumbnails
0926201816.jpg   0926201816a.jpg  

RudyRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #2

Name: Lisa
Trailer: currently shopping
North Carolina
Nice improvement!
lisacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:50 PM   #3

Name: Linda
Trailer: Egg Camper
Elgin
Love our eggcamper also.

We also have an Eggcamper and oh how we love it. Before covid hit we would go out for months at a time traveling the country. We are from Elgin Illinois. What part of Illinois are you from? We have done many mods to our Eggcamper and I wish I knew how to post some pictures. My favorite so far are the shelves my husband Pat added to the side of the closet which to me was dead space. He also made shelves to the cabinet located to the left of the shower and it makes an excellent pantry area now. Maybe some day we will encounter each other at a rally or two.
Linda F Klinnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:37 AM   #4

Name: Rudy
Trailer: EggCamper
Illinois
Hi Linda

Linda, we live just around the corner from you in Deerfield, IL, although were are camping with my son's family in Roan Mountain TN right now. We did add storage to the two cabinets, but went low key with quick build shelfs instead of built-in. Easy to install and we can take them out if needed to get to the services.
I also added a battery switch (cost $18; switch and short wire) so I can easily kill power to the camper as needed. Great when winterizing. It also means I can de-energize the lines when I disconnect the battery (no sparks). Simple and handy. I added pictures below (you just need to click on the paperclip and add them.
It will be nice to meet, but after we get our Covid vaccine.
Attached Thumbnails
1007200947.jpg   1007200947b.jpg  

1007201001_HDR.jpg  
RudyRandall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper