Colorado: Jeep Comanche and Quantum 5 combo, $6,500obo - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #21

Trailer: Rockwood Pop-up
Thanks for the information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin Klotz View Post
There is about 130,000 miles on it. It has a brand new radiator, oil changes with syn blend every 3k miles, and no rust. It is our third Comanche, and we love them for their durability, simpleness, and extremely inexpensive parts (shares mechanicals with the XJ Cherokee, so parts from most cherokees fit, or can be made to fit).

It would have no problem towing the Crestliner. With a class III hitch it is rated to tow 5000 pounds, and all info I see on the crestliner indicated a 1050lb weight (plus trailer).
Merlin,
Thanks much for the information. Hubby and I discussed it and decided now isn't the right time for us to get this type of rig. Good luck getting it sold, looks like a nice outfit. Have a pleasant Thanksgiving.
Ruth
Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Good morning.

I hope your Thanksgiving was successful and this message finds you well and satisified.

About your Quantum 5 sir, I wonder if I could ask a couple of newbie questions please?
How does this compair with a Bigfoot fifth wheel?
Can I tow this with a 2001 F-150 and what sort of hitch would I need to make this work?
Who made it and can I find spare parts for it?
What do you expect to fail next? (this is not a comment on the condition of the trailer, just asking to prepare myself for what eventually will happen to a used trailer)
Are you going to place this combo on ebay and will the price remain the same?
Will you entertain an offer for the trailer?

I'm very new to this RV thing but I want to make smart purchases. I live on a fixed income and thus the interest in such a trailer.

Sincerely,
Old 12-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #23

Regarding your 17 foot trailer

Hi Merlin;

Regards your 17 foot, tandem axle camper with fiberglass sides and top (makes it very light and easy to tow, only ~1,700 lbs). It has two beds, fridge, shower, bathroom, kitchen sink, stove, microwave, and dining area. Interior is in amazing shape... like new.

Do you think I could tow correctly with a 2001 F-150? It's a really nice extended cab with the Larido package. Or are the sides of the bed too tall? I can measure them if that would help...

I know nothing of RVs but since I began looking it has become apparent I need a small two person fifth wheel trailer to pull behind my truck to make sense of the trips I have on the planning board.

If you still have this trailer I would like to make an offer for it (however please remember I'm on a fixed budget and I know nothing about the costs of such trailers so treat me gently and thank you )

Please respond when you have time - I'd like to come out to Colorado and pick it up so I can start fooling around with it, making it more shipshape for my needs.

PS. I bought the F-150 specifically to tow a small trailer just to save money on lodging and meals as well as having a safe place to stay out in the woods which I plan on doing a lot of this coming year. My wife only has two years before she retires as well and that is our goal.

Looking forward to hearing from you (I tried to PM you and that didn't work so here we are again sir. )

Sincerely,
Old 12-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #24

Hi again Merlin;

I just noticed your posted photos... What happened to that poor dog???
Did he get hit by a car or is this just "maintenance" on an older dog???

When I saw that I immediately looked to my son's dog, a chocolate Lab - almost three years old. I watch him while my son works, at the firehouse as a paramedic/firefighter. He's on 24 hours two days a week and he needs someone to mind "Woody".

We had great fun this last summer with lots of play time in the back yard and he is a really fun dog. Great with the grandkids as well as a wonderful watch dog.

I still say given the choice of a human stranger and a dog - I'd take the dog anyday.

Looking forward to hearing from you sir...

Sincerely
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #25

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel (by Contempo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hilliard View Post
Hi again Merlin;

I just noticed your posted photos... What happened to that poor dog???
Did he get hit by a car or is this just "maintenance" on an older dog???

When I saw that I immediately looked to my son's dog, a chocolate Lab - almost three years old. I watch him while my son works, at the firehouse as a paramedic/firefighter. He's on 24 hours two days a week and he needs someone to mind "Woody".

We had great fun this last summer with lots of play time in the back yard and he is a really fun dog. Great with the grandkids as well as a wonderful watch dog.

I still say given the choice of a human stranger and a dog - I'd take the dog anyday.

Looking forward to hearing from you sir...

Sincerely

I may have to cler out my PM's..

That's my pup, 5yo golden... torn ACL surgery.

The F150 has the strength to tow it, but height may be a concern. That's one of teh reasons I was looking to sell as a combo. If the F150 is 4x4, it will probably sit too tall.

I will PM you my number...
Old 01-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #26

Name: Wayne
Trailer: actively shopping for a 5th wheel
Manitoba
All,
Looks as though he has sold the combo.

Post subject: Re: 88 Comanche and a RARE 5th wheel camper Combo
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:34 am

SOLD to a Comanche Club member

I did a search under: contempo Quantum 5 5th wheel and noticed his add under the Commanche Club.

Wayne

Tags
quantum