Lil Snoozy has closed shop - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2019, 06:52 AM   #201

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
If you remember Oliver did stop production some ten plus years ago as trailer sales plummeted and then resumed production when the economy recovered. They did not stop warranting there trailers and did not refuse service work on then during that time period, thus there bath enclosure business keep then going as well as Oliver's other products that they make. They were lucky, or smart would be the correct word for having a backup industry to keep the doors open, where many would no be so lucky. The RV business of today is probably the best it's been for a long time, I'm sure in the future it will have it's ups and downs just like in the past and yes, only the strong will survive.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #202

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
... They were lucky, or smart would be the correct word for having a backup industry to keep the doors open, where many would no be so lucky. ...trainman
Reminded me of a random fact that the Coors family of Golden, Colorado, survived prohibition of the 1920's and early 30's by manufacturing ceramic electrical insulators until prohibition was lifted. I recall that it was quite a profitable diversion for them at the time, but not as profitable as beer.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #203

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Reminded me of a random fact that the Coors family of Golden, Colorado, survived prohibition of the 1920's and early 30's by manufacturing ceramic electrical insulators until prohibition was lifted. I recall that it was quite a profitable diversion for them at the time, but not as profitable as beer.

They should have stuck to insulators. <_<
Old 06-01-2019, 11:05 PM   #204

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Beer making depends on agricultural crops (barley, hops), and the Coors family, along with the Monfort family of Greeley (cattle finishing/beef processing), were long-time, big-time supporters of agricultural youth programs (FFA, 4-H) in Colorado back when both companies were still family owned. So it was a show of loyalty back in the day for ranchers and farmers to drink Coors. That, and, well.... as a current U.S. Supreme Court Justice said recently, "I like beer!"
Old 06-02-2019, 06:02 AM   #205

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Mr Baglo , for once you and I agree !
Too bad it had to be over a poor imitation of a beer
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #206

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Mr Baglo , for once you and I agree !
Too bad it had to be over a poor imitation of a beer
I'm in agreement as well. I'd never heard of the Coors brand before arriving at Ft Huachuca, AZ in mid 69. I'd also never seen an aluminum can, so my first night at the NCO club there was memorable - beer that tasted like water in a can I could crush between my thumb and index finger.
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #207

Colorado
Say what you will, but back in the day, when an 18-year-old could legally buy 3.2% Coors beer for $1.68 a six pack (yes in cans), it tasted pretty good after a hot day working in the hay field. Coors dominated the Colorado "barscape" until Olympia beer got a foothold in the 1970's. Now there is even a Budweiser brewery just outside of Fort Collins....
Old 09-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #208

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I really really hate to hear this. I just found out about this as I was daydreaming about getting another one. I had to get out of the camping scene for health reasons. I am in a second stick build with slide outs and special entry. This makes me really pause now. Hoping those who are hurt by this come out okay in the end.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #209

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
I really really hate to hear this. I just found out about this as I was daydreaming about getting another one. I had to get out of the camping scene for health reasons. I am in a second stick build with slide outs and special entry. This makes me really pause now. Hoping those who are hurt by this come out okay in the end.
We lost $10K but 3 days later we bought a Casita. 2 month wait last spring. Snoozy would of been our first camper.
After using the Casita, I am glad we did not get the Snoozy. My wife loves the closet in the Casita. We have used the propane for heat more than once & to keep our fridge cold. The solar panel works great. We got a lot for our money compared to the Snoozy. Casita has been in business 50 years. So they have the bugs worked out. Also after I bought the Casita I discovered the Oliver out of Tenn. ( If I won the lotto ). There are several fiberglass trailers out of Canada. Big Foot makes a fiberglass 5th wheel even. There are a lot to pick from. Good luck.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #210

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
There are several fiberglass trailers out of Canada. Big Foot makes a fiberglass 5th wheel even.
As does Escape.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:15 PM   #211

Virginia
Quote:
As does Escape.
YEP! Forgot Escape.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:40 AM   #212

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Purchasing one of the big five manufactures of fiberglass trailers, Casita, Scamp, Escape, Bigfoot, and the Oliver are all good choices, the rest are what I would call a "Crap Shoot" when it comes to will they be here tomorrow, or not. One thing about deposits, Oliver collects 50% of the total price when you decide you want one and the other 50% is paid when you pick it up, this translates to $30,000 to $35,000 deposit, how about them apples. Oliver does no customs work, only the addition of accessories will they change in the build process, the Oliver's base price includes everything you would want in a trailer, upgrades are the toys in the travel trailer world.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:19 AM   #213

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Big Foot makes a fiberglass 5th wheel even.
That should be... Bigfoot USED to make a fiberglass 5th wheel... The last Bigfoot 5th wheels were manufactured in the year early 2000s... maybe 2002? The molds were lost in a fire. Sound familiar?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:29 AM   #214

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Snoozy and Wesco

Sounds like Wesco, in collaboration with Alan Smoak, will soon be manufacturing Snoozies again.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:08 AM   #215

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Purchasing one of the big five manufactures of fiberglass trailers, Casita, Scamp, Escape, Bigfoot, and the Oliver are all good choices, the rest are what I would call a "Crap Shoot" when it comes to will they be here tomorrow, or not. One thing about deposits, Oliver collects 50% of the total price when you decide you want one and the other 50% is paid when you pick it up, this translates to $30,000 to $35,000 deposit, how about them apples. Oliver does no customs work, only the addition of accessories will they change in the build process, the Oliver's base price includes everything you would want in a trailer, upgrades are the toys in the travel trailer world.

trainman
I would not do that again. Casita ask $2000 and got it back if you canceled. minus $200 if not produced. $500 if in production.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:08 AM   #216

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
That should be... Bigfoot USED to make a fiberglass 5th wheel... The last Bigfoot 5th wheels were manufactured in the year early 2000s... maybe 2002? The molds were lost in a fire. Sound familiar?
My mistake...
Old 09-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #217

Virginia
Mistake NOT Bigfoot but Escape makes 5th wheel

Quote:
We lost $10K but 3 days later we bought a Casita. 2 month wait last spring. Snoozy would of been our first camper.
After using the Casita, I am glad we did not get the Snoozy. My wife loves the closet in the Casita. We have used the propane for heat more than once & to keep our fridge cold. The solar panel works great. We got a lot for our money compared to the Snoozy. Casita has been in business 50 years. So they have the bugs worked out. Also after I bought the Casita I discovered the Oliver out of Tenn. ( If I won the lotto ). There are several fiberglass trailers out of Canada. Big Foot makes a fiberglass 5th wheel even. There are a lot to pick from. Good luck.
Escape not Bigfoot makes 5th wheel.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #218

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You're right, Donna, the Bigfoot 5th wheel molds were lost in a fire and apparently they weren't selling enough of them to bother remaking the molds. I'm pretty sure that the last year Bigfoot made them was in 1994, so we have one of the "newest" ones out there. It's a shame they don't make them anymore since we really enjoy ours.

Maureen
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #219

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
As far as special entry...
Check out the Burro Wide Body, it has a much wider entry door than most any other Fiberglass trailer. (if that's what you meant?)
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:42 PM   #220

Name: George
Trailer: Mypod by littleguy
Missouri
Snoozy alive?

Saw a utube video on a snoozy 2. Looked the same and Sid they’ve made 8 units already.

Got me to wondering...did anything ever happen for those 50 who lost their deposits?

Can’t find a web page for the “new” lil snoozy...just this utube...strange?
Buffres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy