Surfside Window Cranks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #1

Name: Alan
Trailer: Triple E Surf Side
Ontario
Hi:
I've got the front window and both side windows out of my 76 Surfside to replace the butyl tape cause there were a few leaks. The window cranks need replacing too. I took the whole window to the nearest RV shop yesterday and they didn't seem to have anthing the same.

Now I have the whole assembly out in my hand. The only marking I can see is Patent 3722311 no brand name that I can see. (If I made junk like this I'd want to remain anonymous too).
Does anyone have a part # for Surfside cranks. Or know a large supplier that could help. All three of these crank clockwise to open and counter clockwise to close.

Does someone make decent quality ones not made from junky white metal?

Alan
Alan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Surfside
I've replaced the ones in my 78 Surfside, with these ones (part number 41085).... http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page...amp;pageNum=183 If you give them this part number and tell them that it came out of the Coast catalog they should be able to get them. If you have any other questions let me know
kentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #3

Trailer: 1977 Triple E Surfside
Great timing - I just pulled a crank out of one of my windows and was going to take it in and see what a shop could find/order for me. Having this info will be a big help!
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #4

Name: Alan
Trailer: Triple E Surf Side
Ontario
Quote:
Great timing - I just pulled a crank out of one of my windows and was going to take it in and see what a shop could find/order for me. Having this info will be a big help!
Shelley :
Looking at the coast catalogue it seems quite clear that the part number which ends in 7 rather than 5 is the same part except it has a 11/16" hub projection rather than 1/2" projection and would I believe work equally well if you can find one. In fact the one I took out was a 11/16" projection.
Beware though in my trailer one of the back windows has a left hand crank which works differently.

Good luck finding them. I called 10 RV dealers and none had them. I have them on order now but we'll see if the warehouse really has them when i call back tomorrow after Canada Day. Otherwise I will have to reassemble the the old worn out ones and put the windows back in with the damaged mechanisms and change them later when I find the right parts. At least now I can change them with some difficulty without removing the window from the trailer because I'm cutting the rods and mending them with a sleeve of copper pipe and a couple of screws.
Alan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 1977 Triple E Surfside
Quote:
Shelley :
Looking at the coast catalogue it seems quite clear that the part number which ends in 7 rather than 5 is the same part except it has a 11/16" hub projection rather than 1/2" projection and would I believe work equally well if you can find one. In fact the one I took out was a 11/16" projection.
Beware though in my trailer one of the back windows has a left hand crank which works differently.

Good luck finding them. I called 10 RV dealers and none had them. I have them on order now but we'll see if the warehouse really has them when i call back tomorrow after Canada Day. Otherwise I will have to reassemble the the old worn out ones and put the windows back in with the damaged mechanisms and change them later when I find the right parts. At least now I can change them with some difficulty without removing the window from the trailer because I'm cutting the rods and mending them with a sleeve of copper pipe and a couple of screws.
Just ordered 2 right hand cranks at Bucars out here. They seemed to think they could have them for me in a few days...the window near my sink needs doing and one of the back windows - same crank. I have the crank out of 1 of the windows - challenge will be putting it back together!
Shelley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside