Skylight, Clear, Openable, Double Wall. The search is on... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Nik

Name: Nik
Trailer: BigFoot
Colorado
Red face Skylight, Clear, Openable, Double Wall. The search is on...

Just got back from a week long boondocking trip in Central Oregon. Had a great time in the 1993 17' Bigfoot TT. I have a list of upgrades I want to pursue during the winter: solar power, quality sound, new fridge, thermostat that really works, etc.

But also a skylight. I saw one in a VW Rialta. It made such nice light. I would move my 14" fantastic fan to the bathroom and expand the 14" hole for a larger skylight.

This one is very expensive, but it looks like the perfect solution with both a rolling fly screen and a blackout screen. Anyone had experience with it or similar?

https://www.dometic.com/en/se/produc...-_-24858?at=rv
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
No experience, but it looks great.

Those are definitely a couple of my issues with my fantastic vent/fan. Lets in too much light when I'm parked near street lights, and lets out too much heat. Both can be managed with insulation, but a skylight with that stuff already integrated would be pretty cool.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:42 AM   #3

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
One thing to be aware of...
There are a lot of Dometic products that are sold in Europe and Australia that will not be available in the USA. Before you get too excited contact a USA based Dometic supplier to see if they are importing that product into North America.

The fan sold for that unit in Europe is most likely 24 volts rather than 12 volts. That may have a lot to do with not importing it.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, light