Poll: Would You Rather have Twin Beds or a Queen? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2019, 07:52 AM   #41

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Full size

I'm surprised no one mentioned a full size bed! We like the queen in our 25RQ but at the same time a full size would make it a little easier to move around use a stand up fan oct.

At the same time the full size would be plenty of room for us, six extra inches around the back and end of bed would be great. Danger now I'm starting to think about it.
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #42

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
I imagine that a full or double bed size was the “marriage” bed for many of us. It’s a great size bed, and we’d still fit in it fine. And it would turn the “skoosh” around queen in our Bigfoot25RQ into a walk around. Great idea!
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #43

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Great question.

Several things to take into consideration.

1. Age. If you are older it’s easier to move about with twins. Also the libido isn’t as important!

2. Perception. When looking for the layout of our Bigfoot 25, the twin setup gave a more spacious and more open feel.

3. Space and storage. We definitely have more storage that is easily accessible in our twin layout.

4. It is more difficult to make the bed, plus there are two.

5. As for the snuggling, we’ve got that figured out..
Dr C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #44

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Twin or queen

Wish we had twin. Too difficult climbing over to get up at night.
lilmsmuft1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #45

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Queen. For over forty years, one bed has worked out pretty well for us. I don't see that changing any time soon (and I checked with Cindy before posting ). In full disclosure, I'm still six months away from seventy and will update my vote then........ if I can remember.
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #46

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
MAKING THE TWIN BEDS

Although both our beds are permanent, we use them as daybeds in the daytime. Nice for visitors and us to talk.

We "make" the beds simply; the daybed covers/upholstery are heavy-duty cotton cloth made up like fitted sheets with very tight elastic. We leave them on at all times, but they come off easily enough for washing. We keep mattress pads under them; I think they're waterproof or resistant just in case. So no bottom sheet to worry about.

We use a sleeping bag for Paul now; he rolls it up in the daytime, using it was a bolster and one end of his bed. I use either an acrylic fake-fur blanket or a cotton comforter, trimmed to narrower than a normal twin size. Either way, I roll it up iln the morning and put it in a stuff sack that matches the décor (such as it is). Again, used as a daybed bolster during the day. Very easy.

Gilda on FGRV has a whole "real" sheet and blanket system, I believe, but I couldn't even bring myself to go that far. Hers looks super.

We're each responsible for rolling up our own "bedroll." And there's no actual storage for them, as they stay out all the time.

Also, we have a number of fuzzy "throws" that are just big enough to use as extra blankets if we get too cold, but so far the problem has been more in the opposite direction; our ceramic heater keeps it almost too warm most nights. I guess we're so afraid of being cold we err in the opposite direction.

BEST

Kai

pic: back bed shown with bolsters behind throw pillows.
Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 8 2016 A.jpg  
Old 01-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #47

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Twins
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #48

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Climbing over is sort of a pita. Dear wife makes me take the inside because I can get over her easier than she can get over me. We share the especially small bed in an a 77 Scamp 13 and we manage to fit her, myself, and the two dogs which amount to about 70 lbs. of fur kids. Although next trip I think the older one will not be up to handling the jump height off the floor.

Brother and law and myself split the sleeping because he is waaay too hair to cuddle with. Top bunk comes off the front bunk / couch and one of us sleeps on couch which is wider without the top bunk down as a couch back. It is actually the more comfortable bed.

Easier to get in and out of the couch bed since the ends are not both impinged on by cabinets. Dining bed has street side kitchen and curb side closet. Couch as bed has only street side kitchen. Swing feet to floor is straight shot with feet toward door.

Larger bed would be nice. A full would be sufficient, especially if one can sleep feet toward living space for ease of access without climbing over partner. Have seen mods to do that in a 13 ft. just never seemed to be worth the effort since we do fit. Helps to have heads at opposite ends. Less cuddly but more roomy.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #49

Name: Forrest
Trailer: Bigfoot
Aurora
Twins easily convert

I vote twin beds. With a piece of plywood they can be easily moved together for "snuggling".
FRMcClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #50

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
Queen

Definitely a queen....with a walk around queen, there is no "climbing over."
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot