just bought a BigFoot 25B25RQ - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2019, 05:46 AM   #61

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Jon, do not know what S.C.A.T.T. is.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #62

Name: Tony
Trailer: Bigfoot
Colorado
Registry
It's a California dealer:
https://www.scattrecreation.com/defa...avel%20trailer
Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #63

Name: Jon
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post

Yes that's right. I was basically wondering if it was S.C.A.T.T recreation with the Doc and Prep fees. Trying to get an idea if that's who I want my hard earned dollars to go to. I'm currently looking at a dealer in British Colombia who has quoted me an out the door price which includes the import/export fees and paperwork. I will go there and they will show me the trailer, do a walkthrough, do some training, etc. Then, I will come back to the US and they will hook up and drive the trailer to the US side of the border. They can't offer financing so they aren't even trying that, and they aren't even charging tax. That will be paid directly to the state where I plan to register.

It's just a question of do I want to do business with someone local, or do I want to drive 16 hrs to Canada and take my first vacation in the trailer on the way home. I'm sure there are many great things to see on the way down through Washington and Oregon back to California. Also the trailer is on the lot in BC vs having to wait to order one and have it sent to the local dealer in California. That can be good and bad because I would get it faster but have to take whatever is on the trailer and install anything else I want (solar, etc) later.
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:09 PM   #64

Tennessee
Jon, the unit I just bought has very few imperfections, and nothing major. Everything simply works, and well. You may need to take bedding and possibly cookware in addition to personal items and maybe a few tools. The company you buy it from will probably have all the camping supplies you may need. Just be certain to take a brake controller.

I have yet to encounter a warranty issue so I cannot say from experience but it appears from what others have said that BF would vibe willing to work with local RV service companies, other than a local dealership, to address warranty issues. I have no intention of driving 4 hours to the dealership that sold me the unit to address warranty issues.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #65

Tennessee
I just found an imperfection in the table; the edge was coming unglued. I sent a photo and within an hour Grant replied that a new table would be sent. Top notch company in my book.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #66

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
My wife’s dream trailer is a 25 ft Bigfoot RQ . It is a beautiful trailer and one side of me says too expensive and the other says your old so go for it
We want a trailer that we can plan a trip and just go instead of constantly having to be concerned about what will fail or need repair next .
Well it’s fun to dream and imagine even though it probably will never be reality
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:44 PM   #67

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
With approx. 25-30 years of camping ahead of us....a garage to store it in.....and the price we paid ( less than we expected), it was a case of "this will be the last trailer we own." Everything depreciates, but.....I have no doubt that we will be pleasantly surprised when it comes time to sell....many miles down the road....that we will still receive a pretty penny for our 25RQ.

And...Grant...the production manager for Bigfoot is everything and that. I can't imagine the emails, phone calls, etc...he receives on a daily basis. But unlike many business people we all know, he responds to everyone....even when he is on holidays.

It's a no brainer.....go with Bigfoot.
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:15 AM   #68

Trailer: Sold Bigfoot. Shopping for Arctic Fox 22G
Missouri
Preserve that gel coat gloss. Keep it in that garage when not in use and wax it twice a year. Day/night sunshine/darkness cycles are what cause that dreaded window seal creep. Then repack the wheel bearings once a year. Replace the tires with new fresh date code tires every six years. Reseal all of the roof openings every ten years. The sealant will dry out. Leave the refrigerator plugged in all of the time to keep the fluid circulating and prevent gunk from settling in the fluid system and stopping it up. The trailer will last for 50 years.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 AM   #69

Tennessee
Listen to Bruce, follow his advise. However...I will be using BTS cleaner and protectant on my BF fiberglass trailer. I use wax on the Casita. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference in appearance.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #70

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Leave the refrigerator plugged in all of the time to keep the fluid circulating and prevent gunk from settling in the fluid system and stopping it up. The trailer will last for 50 years.
Is this really necessary? I've never heard that before.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #71

Tennessee
I have to admit leaving your refrigerator constantly running and expect it to last a long time is a new one on me also. I don't leave mine running when in winter storage, nor do I intend to do so.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #72

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
I have to admit leaving your refrigerator constantly running and expect it to last a long time is a new one on me also. I don't leave mine running when in winter storage, nor do I intend to do so.
Same....off in October...back on next summer...sometimes not for 11 months.
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #73

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Is this really necessary? I've never heard that before.
I really doubt it. There certainly should be no gunk in the system. I would bet the vast majority only plug it in when it is needed, and have had no issues.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:18 PM   #74

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Sounds like a story that may have morphed from many years ago when it was suggested that one pull their fridge, turn it upside down and leave it like that for 24 hours to re-circulate the fluids and get an old fridge working again.
This was abandoned when fridge manufacturers built a better fridge and owners inverted contents of beer bottles instead.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:10 PM   #75

Name: Tony
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Sounds like a story that may have morphed from many years ago when it was suggested that one pull their fridge, turn it upside down and leave it like that for 24 hours to re-circulate the fluids and get an old fridge working again.
This was abandoned when fridge manufacturers built a better fridge and owners inverted contents of beer bottles instead.
I presume inverting any beer was thereafter elbow-powered after the fridges were improved?
Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:42 PM   #76

Name: Josh & Sonya
Trailer: '97 Casita SD 17; 03 Bigfoot 25RQ
Arizona
Grant and Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Foster View Post

"And...Grant...the production manager for Bigfoot is everything and that. I can't imagine the emails, phone calls, etc...he receives on a daily basis. But unlike many business people we all know, he responds to everyone....even when he is on holidays.

It's a no brainer.....go with Bigfoot.
So True! Grant has been trying to help me resolve problems getting new axles for our 2003 25RQ. Last week, he answered an email even though he was out of the country on vacation. Can't beat that kind of effort and attention.
Josh and Sonya W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:13 AM   #77

Name: Brian
WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
My wife’s dream trailer is a 25 ft Bigfoot RQ . It is a beautiful trailer and one side of me says too expensive and the other says your old so go for it
We want a trailer that we can plan a trip and just go instead of constantly having to be concerned about what will fail or need repair next .
Well it’s fun to dream and imagine even though it probably will never be reality
Steve I have one for sale now. I live in SE Wisconsin. 2004 Bigfoot Rear Queen Bed.
Asking $9500 with a Hensley Arrow anti sway hitch. They go for $2600.
Hogman 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot