Low pressure gas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Low pressure gas

Our Bigfoot 25RQ has a low pressure propane outlet for cooking grills oct. My wife has a griddle that uses the one pound bottles for cooking. I purchased a hose that will allow us to connect the griddle to the low pressure outlet on our camper. Only problem is it won't work. I'm assuming the low pressure line won't flow through the regulator on the griddle. Any ideas on how to fix this?
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You have two regulators in line with that set up. You need to remove the one on the griddle and hook up the hose ( if that can be done ). Same issue with BBQs.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
The regulator on the griddle is most likely also the flow control. You will need to connect to a high pressure source the same way the little bottles are connected. You can purchase a hose to connect directly from a 20 pounder to the input on the griddle regulator from amazon.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy2 View Post
Our Bigfoot 25RQ has a low pressure propane outlet for cooking grills oct. My wife has a griddle that uses the one pound bottles for cooking. I purchased a hose that will allow us to connect the griddle to the low pressure outlet on our camper. Only problem is it won't work. I'm assuming the low pressure line won't flow through the regulator on the griddle. Any ideas on how to fix this?
If it is a Blackstone Griddle, the flow control and the regulator are not the same assembly. There is an adapter available that can be connected to a low pressure hose. The quick connect outlet on the trailer is tapped off of the gas line after the regulator and is already supplying propane at 11 inches of water column. Therefore, using the griddle’s regulator would essentially block any flow. It requires full tank pressure to work, and at full tank pressure it would reduce flow to 11 inches of water column.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:33 AM   #5

Mississippi
Solution found

Found this website, they have kits/adapters for just about anything. Oderered the 12 foot hose with QD for coleman and Blackstone. The fittings are QD on each end. No worries now, with my luck the wife will decide to use electric now!

Just passing the info.

https://propanegear.com

https://propanegear.com/converta-bp-...tone-griddles/

https://propanegear.com/coleman-road...quick-connect/
Old 03-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #6

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy2 View Post
Found this website, they have kits/adapters for just about anything. Oderered the 12 foot hose with QD for coleman and Blackstone. The fittings are QD on each end. No worries now, with my luck the wife will decide to use electric now!

Just passing the info.

https://propanegear.com

https://propanegear.com/converta-bp-...tone-griddles/

https://propanegear.com/coleman-road...quick-connect/
We have the Coleman adapter from their site that goes to our 5 lb tank works great.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:15 AM   #7

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Thanks for listing those sites for propane accessories. I may need them. I have a quick disconnect on my Big Foot to which I hope to connect my Blackstone griddle and my Camp Chef Ranger II Blind Stove. Although I have a number of hoses, I bet I will be forced to buy yet another from the sounds of it...
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:54 AM   #8

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Thanks for listing those sites for propane accessories. I may need them. I have a quick disconnect on my Big Foot to which I hope to connect my Blackstone griddle and my Camp Chef Ranger II Blind Stove. Although I have a number of hoses, I bet I will be forced to buy yet another from the sounds of it...
Henry,
If you have a hose with a low pressure female fitting on the end and a fitting on the other end that plugs into your trailer, probably not. The adapter for the Blackstone Griddle (@ $25) simply replaces the assembly Blackstone supplies and it has a male low pressure fitting onto which you connect your hose. The Camp Chef Ranger II has (when I bought mine) a flare fitting. You need a low pressure male fitting (usually 1/4-inch NPT, that’s “pipe thread”) and the correct size flare to NPT adapter. The flare to NPT adapter is readily available at Lowe’s or Home Depot (Ace Hardware, if you want to spend twice as much for the same thing!). The low pressure male fitting you may have to find online or at a propane supplier. I would buy 2 or 3 male fittings just in case you want to hook up a grill or a propane fire pit at some point in the future.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:57 AM   #9

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Thanks you Carl
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:26 PM   #10

Nevada
Registry
One pound bottles are NOT low pressure! These small bottles are basically the same pressure as you 20 lb tank, but smaller. The appliances (stoves, grills, heaters) have their own, built in regulars. You can use these appliances, but you will need to tap off you gas bottle UPSTREAM or the regulator. These fittings, hoses, “T’s”, etc. are readily available from most camping supply stores and can be identified by the same male/female fittings as are on the 1 lb bottles and their appliances. I used this setup for years with my pop-up to run my coleman stove outside and a catalyctic heater inside.
egfasdsdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:43 PM   #11

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shullj View Post
One pound bottles are NOT low pressure!
I do not believe anyone who has posted to this thread has either stated or claimed that one pound bottles supplied propane at low pressure. Low pressure systems on RVs are merely connections which have already been regulated, allowing the user to plug in appliances that are designed to run on low pressure or have had their manufacturer supplied regulators removed allowing them to operate at the pressure their original regulator would have supplied. And I believe most of the people who are on the forum are aware that tank pressure is the same regardless of the size of the tank, unless, of course, if the tank is empty.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:41 PM   #12

Nevada
Registry
What I read in the original post was ”Our Bigfoot 25RQ has a low pressure propane outlet for cooking grills oct. My wife has a griddle that uses the one pound bottles for cooking. . .”, which sounded to me like this person did not know the difference. Only trying to help. Sorry to get your blood pressure up!
Old 03-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Actually, the poster did know the difference and was looking for a solution.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 AM   #14

Nevada
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Actually, the poster did know the difference and was looking for a solution.
If you had read my complete post you should have seen that I said these parts are “readily available at most camping supply stores. . .”.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #15

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
LPG

Our grille came w 1 lb fittings but I hate using the green bottles bks they seem such a waste. We bought a refillable 5 lb tank and 6' hose to fit the grille..all works fine. We do keep one green bottle as a spare in case that 5 lb tank runs dry on a long trip....not happened yet
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:03 PM   #16

Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Some of these threads create low pressure gas!
Old 03-31-2019, 07:59 AM   #17

Mississippi
Parts arrived

Parts arrived and work as advertised if using one at a time such as the griddle or the stove but not both together, I can live with that. For those interested if you buy the 22" griddle from blackstone it comes with an adapter for propane bottles. I just didn't want to carry more stuff!

Tags
bigfoot