Scamp dreams! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2020, 01:43 PM   #1

Name: Julia
Trailer: Currently shopping for scamp
North Carolina
Scamp dreams!

Hi, I am Julia Matthews and I am in search of a 13ft deluxe Scamp with a bathroom. Please help my dreams come true!
Julia lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Mine is not for sale, however, I just wanted to let you know that you have picked a great sized Scamp and the deluxe with bath is a terrific unit. We have owned ours since we ordered it in 2007 and have never regretted a moment of the time we've had it. Good luck with your search, they are out there and nice ones are not cheap, but quality never is as we get what we pay for!
Old 06-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
Mine is not for sale, however, I just wanted to let you know that you have picked a great sized Scamp and the deluxe with bath is a terrific unit. We have owned ours since we ordered it in 2007 and have never regretted a moment of the time we've had it. Good luck with your search, they are out there and nice ones are not cheap, but quality never is as we get what we pay for!
DITTO!(2004)
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:50 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia lynn View Post
Hi, I am Julia Matthews and I am in search of a 13ft deluxe Scamp with a bathroom. Please help my dreams come true!
Every day check:
https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...ilers-for-sale
https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...ers-for-sale-2
https://www.rvtrader.com/

Also Craigslist (but watch for scams and fake ads), and Facebook Marketplace.

Understand that dreams dont come to you on their own.. you need to find and follow them.

Lastly, if you have not already seen them in person, be sure to do so. The 13 is quite small and while many people are happy with them (even with more than one person), I find it rather small for even one. And the 16 is not that much more in cost or weight but is more comfortable. Rallies are a good chance to see lots of Scamps and similar campers but not so much now with COVID. Scamp will give you the names of local owners who will allow you to check out the camper, but again.. maybe not as much now as usual.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:31 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Julia- when you find your dream Scamp, take the time to give Floyd a PM as he really knows these units and has a long list of nifty mod's that make the Scamp even better!
Old 06-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #6

North Carolina
Thank you for your advice!
Old 06-14-2020, 11:53 AM   #7

North Carolina
Thank you! Unfortunately, I can only tow 2000 with my patriot so I need something that is around 1500lbs. Do you have any other suggestions? I want something that has a bathroom.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:26 PM   #8

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia lynn View Post
Thank you! Unfortunately, I can only tow 2000 with my patriot so I need something that is around 1500lbs. Do you have any other suggestions? I want something that has a bathroom.
Here is some data for you to consider. The three numbers are (in order) axle weight, tongue wgt, total trailer weight. Weights were recorded in years 2011-2019

13' Scamp Delux Oak 1460 230 1690
13' Scamp Deluxe Oak 1460 230 1690
13' Scamp No Bathroom 1498 232 1730
13' Scamp Standard 1480 240 1720
13' Scamp Standard 1720 230 1950
13' Scamp With Bathroom 1740 220 1960
13' Scamp 1420 200 1620
13' Scamp 1125 140 1265
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #9

North Carolina
Thank you. Do you know of any other trailers with a bathroom that My vehicle would be able to tow?
Old 06-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #10

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Julia,

Sending PM to Floyd and being able to talk to him on the phone (or in person) might still be a good idea? He is considered by many to be a wealth of information about trailers in general and Scamps in particular.

By ordering new and leaving off the heavier options, you might still be able to get into a Scamp13D?

Our first FGRV was a 2013 Scamp13 Std with bigger (54") bed. I left off the heavier (and drag producing) stuff and expected the weight to be about 1250 lbs. (Could have been off a bit?)

We omitted top-mounted AC (used a 5000 BTU Frigidaire window unit in the back window when we needed AC), left off the furnace (used a small ceramic space heater), the awning (used a CLAM screen room/tent), left off the bathroom (used campground bathrooms and emergency porta-potti), etc. Since we had no shower in the trailer, we didn't need a H/W heater with 6 gallons of water inside. (If you just want a private toilet and don't plan to constantly shower in the trailer, maybe a hookup/connection for hot water from a "solar shower" would do?)

If/when you get a more capable tow vehicle, many desirable things that were omitted from the initial build might (can?) be added on later.

Don't be too unwilling to "think outside the box". Ask Scamp for what you want.
If they say "No.", well at least you tried.

I've found Wayne Pitlick (at Scamp) to be at least willing to talk about lots of customization ideas ... some possible; some not.

Although we had what some might describe as a "minimalist Scamp13", we rarely felt deprived and, when we upgraded to our current 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe, we didn't lose much money on the sale of our Scamp13.

Good luck in your quest!
[emoji5]

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp