NV Escape 19 2011 for sale $28,000 OBO-sold - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #1

Name: Aimee
Trailer: currently shopping
California
Escape 19 2011 for sale $28,000 OBO-sold

Hello,
We are selling our Escape 19 2011 (Reno, NV). We have enjoyed it a lot, but want to get something bigger since we may want to full-time rv.

It is in pristine condition. We have added many upgrades, like a killer sound system, professionally installed. We ordered our own LCD High Definition TV (connects into the sound system), plus a memory foam cover for the queen bed, which is a real queen mattress.
We replaced the too-small sewer hose container with a new one that holds a larger diameter hose.
We had the manufacturer add the insulating foam-cell underspray and heating pads (they are activated automatically by cold temperature -- I think maybe 40F or so if they are powered on), Extra insulation and dual pane windows (you really, really want this option), dual 6v batteries, 3 burner stove (white), custom air conditioner* (see notes below on this), exterior 110V outlet, additional passenger reading light, LED interior light package (uses almost no energy at all), storage box on front of trailer, cabinet door at end of bench by entry door, additional LED light at front of trailer over storage box, stainless steel sink and chrome faucet, two way water tank, additional LED brake lights, 2 shelves in closet, 2 extra 12 volt outlets, bike rack hitch, 5.0 cubic ft refrigerator/freezer, silver graphics, additional counter extension off of kitchen wall, reinforced wall for extra flip up counter over the bed, formica limestone 7264-58, 95W solar panel (not attached on roof by request - special outlet in side of trailer for cable to place it wherever you want outside).

Plus, we are throwing in extras like brand-new, unused exterior gas oven, etc.

*Regarding the special-ordered airconditioner -- we were figuring we would boondock a lot, so we wanted an airconditioner that would work on a small generator, as this one certainly does. An added benefit to a slightly smaller watt airconditioner is that it works on a lower input -- like the several times we ended up in parks that only had 20 amp spots available. Worked fine in those situations, when we could not get 30 amp. An other added benefit is that it is quieter than the one they usually put in, at least according to the manufacturer of the Escape trailers (Reace). Nice of them to agree to put it in. Very accommodating, needless to say. The airconditioner has plenty of power to keep entire trailer cool. It is a coleman polar cub and it rocks. It kept us very cool even in the desert in the summer.

We accidentally ended up traveling when a blizzard occurred. We stayed in Salt Lake City at 8 degrees F, maybe lower. We were fine. This thing is pretty well insulated for this type of trailer, especially with our additions to insulation and water tank pads.

We are non-smokers and have kept this very clean. Shower never used and no solid matter has been in the toilet, even.

We have had annual service as required by warranty, and have had it professionally washed and waxed. Most of its life has been spent indoors.

Also included is the distribution bars and hitch.

Asking $28,000.00 obo.

916 455 0566 (not a personal phone number -- service)
Attached Thumbnails
trailer.png   trailer_bathroom.png  

trailer_dinette.png  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #2

California
another picture
Attached Thumbnails
trailer2.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2008
I had a couple look at my trailer listed above but they decided that they wanted to go bigger and expressed interest in a Escape 19 and yours sounds like what they want. I notified him about your ad.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #4

California
Great! Thanks for your input.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Very nice indeed. I think cpaharley also has a coleman polar cub, said he liked it too. What items needed annual service for the warranty? Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Very nice indeed. I think cpaharley also has a coleman polar cub, said he liked it too. What items needed annual service for the warranty? Thanks.
Hi,
No items needed service. We did replace the anode in the water heater, but it wasn't really necessary. The annual service is just a checkup and they did a complete flush-out and sanitizing of the tanks.

--kalyson
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yes, I understand No items needed service. It is to keep a warranty valid, like a car oil change ETC. I Was just wondering what items those were. Just the one appliance (hot water heater) I see. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #8

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Yes, I understand No items needed service. It is to keep a warranty valid, like a car oil change ETC. I Was just wondering what items those were. Just the one appliance (hot water heater) I see. Thanks.
Hi Ken,
We scratched around for the paperwork but don't see it right off. There was a huge checklist of things they looked at -- making sure everything is ok. I think they even did something with the wheels -- repacking or checking some sort of bearings? Sorry, I am not mechanical or I'd be able to convey this better!

--Kalyson
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #9

California
I think we over-paid, in fact. Lots of these service places over-charge. The cost for this annual checkup was between 800.00-900.00.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #10

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Considering wheel repack, brake adjust, flush and clean water, plus washing and waxing unit maybe 16 hours so that may appear high but with a hand wash and wax it becomes a time consuming job on a trailer, up and down a ladder wears you out.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #11

California
No, we paid for washing and waxing (twice) to completely different people. The cost of that was around $200.00 each time.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #12

Name: Gord & Linda
Trailer: HitchHiker 5W & Casita 17LD
TX,USA: Oct-Apr & AB, CDA: April - Oct
Escape 19

A couple of queries on the spec:

What is a "two way water tank"?
I know the standard tank is only 20 gallons, is this a second tank? If so, what is the capacity

Looking at the photos on the Escape website, we don't see a tank under the dinette benches or under the bed. Where is/are thge water tanks(s) i

What is an "exterior gas oven"?

Thnx
Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #13

Trailer: 2007 Casita
So what's it weigh?

I shouldn't be looking, but............. I want a Escape so bad!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeJay and ElleJay View Post
A couple of queries on the spec:

What is a "two way water tank"?

Thnx
I believe they mean two-way hot water tank. You can heat water with AC or with propane. The fresh water tank is separate.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #15

California
Sorry, Glen is right -- meant to say two-way hot water tank. And this does mean that you can use it on propane or electric. We found that we saved a lot of propane by running our hot water tank on the RV Park's dime, so to speak.
The Escape has an option for an oven inside, but we could not give up the storage space for it. So our compromise was to get a gas oven you can use outside. So, like the gas grills people use outside, this can be used outside, too, for biscuits, muffins, roasting, etc.

Check out the web site: Escape Trailer Industries > Home where you can look at the trailer's specs and pricing.

Water tanks are underneath, but in our case I think they may be covered by the closed foam cell insulation.

Yes, adding all the insulation, dual-pane windows, etc. did add some weight, so our dry weight is around 3000 lbs. We talked to the builders and they indicated that the max weight is very conservative, so you can put more into it than what the posted limit says quite safely.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #16

California
Feel free to make us an offer. We may not go with the offer, but we promise we will not be offended, no matter what it is!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 AM   #17

California
Forgot to add that the High Def LCD tv has built-in DVD player.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #18

California
Forgot to add:

TV is 22" and is 12 volt

Trailer has extra optional window over sink.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #19

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
So what's it weigh?

I shouldn't be looking, but............. I want a Escape so bad!
Hmmmm... I thought I had posted an answer to this but can't seem to locate it on the thread.

Just in case I did not get it in there -- dry weight is around 3000lbs due to extra options like insulation and closed cell foam underneath.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #20

California
Hi, all,
Looks like we are selling it now -- so I am going to mark this item SOLD.

Thanks to all for your interest in our posting.

--AL

Tags
escape