Xmas Decorating on the Egg - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Well, on xmas day this year, I will actually be living in the Burro.

I haven't decided if I am going to "light it up". It will be at a friends house in Portland in a usually boring neighborhood.

I wonder what the neighbors will think if I do? So far, all I have is a short rope light and a string of Coke a Cola polar bears.

Any other ideas?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Cool

Quote:
Well, on xmas day this year, I will actually be living in the Burro.

I haven't decided if I am going to "light it up". It will be at a friends house in Portland in a usually boring neighborhood.

I wonder what the neighbors will think if I do? So far, all I have is a short rope light and a string of Coke a Cola polar bears.

Any other ideas?
You shouldn't use glass balls, they're dangerous, & kids love to break them. But you could use baloons! You know small ones used for water baloons, without the water of course. & Tinsle, and Coke or Pepsi cans.... no, wait you can't use those up here, the kids in the neighborhood can get a nickle for each of them. Let me think more............
Elsie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Some light up pink flamingo patio lights...truly trailer trash and I love it. Oh, oh and something that blinks really obnoxiously.

Glad you'll be in Milwaukie and I'm in Gresham
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
How about a lighted spiral "Christmas tree"? I think they collapse into a flat, easy to store, package. With imagination,it might be possible to mount it on the trailer tongue. What the heck, maybe I'll look for one to sit on Nuestra Casita's tongue box. An inflatable santa trying to squeeze out of the vent on "The Shady Bush II"? Or a fancy sign that says something about Santa finding your mobile abode this year.
You're the one with the far-out imagination, please post a picture of the finished product! You know how we all like to .
Are you going to provide a "running account" of the trip as it unfolds .
As you travel, please spread the "howdy's" from our "neck of the woods".
(the banana has lost his "git-up-and go" )
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:50 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
How about these? Not an egg, but close.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Y_BID_Stores_IT
L Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #6

Trailer: 2004 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Gina,

Decorating a trailer for Christmas is right up my alley. Each year (usually in July although next year it will be the end of September), some of my family gets together and we have a Christmas decorating contest with the various campers. The first year I strung rope lights around the belly band (at the time I had a 13' Scamp so the band was horizontal) and then I took a lighted snowflake and hung it on the back of the scamp in the midddle of the window and hung an angel in the front. I also ran rope lights outlining my camp site. It looked really neat. Two ideas I had but never got to implement them was to get one of those great big bows they put on cars at car dealerships, put it on top of the egg with a great big gift tag saying it was from Santa. The other idea that I still want to do is to put a stuffed Santa on top of the trailer and then run ropes or reins down to several small lighted deer so it looks like the trailer is Santa's sleigh being pulled by reindeer.

Feel free to use any of my ideas if they strike your fancy, just promise whatever you decide that you will post pictures!

Gail
Gail Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #7

Registry
I like the Tree on the Tongue idea. I wonder if I could get away with towing like that?

With the red and white scheme, I may get accosted as the Real Santa!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #8

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Hey, Gina

Decorate the soft-sided car-top carrier like a bag of toys, and put some antlers on the hood of your Element while you're towing that 'sleigh' up here....
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Alright! And... and... put some speakers by the steps and play that Xmas CD of the dogs barking carols.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:47 AM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Decorate the soft-sided car-top carrier like a bag of toys,
Har! It'll get stolen before I get out of LA!

Nancy, I can do that LIVE.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:23 AM   #11

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Took my own advice and found 2 trees @ Target. One white, and one green. Thought the contrast of the green one would look good, so I plunked down the exorbitant $30, and assembled it today. It fits exactly on the tongue box. I'd not seen a colored one before but the green really looks spectacular,(well, terrific anyway). Home Drip-pot only had a single white one which was filthy and assymetrical (read bent) without the box and wouldn't discount it, so I tried Target. Price was $10 more but I discovered color! So provided a present for "Nuestra Casita". Not possible to drive with the tree assembled though.
How are your decorations progressing?
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:28 AM   #12

Registry
I have some stick santa things for the side windows, and rudolph for the back one.

On my list is to dig out some of my lights. They are in "The attic".

I can run them off a small invertor while towing, just have to figure out how to keep them up while boinging!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #13

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Or Santa sitting on the tongue, the reindeer pulling from the hitch, and the egg is the "bag of toys."
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #14

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Gina,
Took my own advice and found 2 trees @ Target. One white, and one green. ...I discovered color! So provided a present for "Nuestra Casita". Kurt & Ann K.
Okay... so where is the picture? We want to see!

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper