Escape website on line - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2003, 03:49 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Escape website on line

The new Escape is now online at www.escapetrailer.com/index.htm
Dropped by a on my last trip out of town and spoke with staff.They seem to be going all out for a small outfit with all the units produced to date been spoken for,so I only saw one in the
"eggshell" state. Looks very promising.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:49 PM   #2

looks nice

But 6 foot head room is to short for me ,or iam to tall pick one

Old 06-18-2003, 05:35 PM   #3

So JD,

What did the guys at Escape think of your side air?

Old 06-19-2003, 12:13 AM   #4

Well Reace had a good look at it and although Carrier no longer produces my particular model they should be able to adapt another to fit the bill. I see they have made a provision on the web site for an AC option. Reace mentioned that they feel a roof top AC would be too heavy for the existing trailer model.

Old 06-19-2003, 07:41 AM   #5

Escape

Cute trailer, but I need to ask a dumb question - Where's the Head? For that price the Casita has a nice Head with shower and sink. At my age, even a sneeze can get me in trouble. :red

Old 06-19-2003, 07:52 AM   #6

Floorplan B has a head. It appears to be just a toilet -- the website seems to imply that the hot water/shower option is for an outside shower.

Old 06-19-2003, 08:22 AM   #7

Escape

I imagine they could take their side bath and develop it into a wet bath with very little additional engineering.

Lack of a bath isn't a problem for me as long as there's a slot for the port-a-pot.

The element about the floorplan I find disappointing is the width of the main bed. At 48", it's kinda narrow (IMHO). I would have liked to see an option for a larger main bed, possibly converting into a U-dinette.

I Liked that the front dinette/bed could be so large though!

mkw

Old 06-19-2003, 11:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Orginally posted by Ronnie Martin
Cute trailer, but I need to ask a dumb question - Where's the Head?
This is Escape's first year of production. The shower/bath option is scheduled for next year. I was told the primary reason they aren't offering it now is they haven't come up with the right design for the shower pan - yet. They plan to offer the full bath option but the design is literally still on the drawing board. The Escape toilet, Plan B, is a fixed/plumbed model with a black tank.

If you convert the Escape's intro pricing from Canadian dollars to US dollars, you will find that the Escape is more economical than a comparably equipped Casita. Plus it is considerably lighter trailer.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:44 AM   #9

Hmmmmm, looks like a stretched out Trillium... very nice rig... Hopefully they will have a decent design for a bathroom, maybe a front bath model like the 17 footer Casita's. I'm a big guy and I was quite surprised at how much room there was in the bathroom of the Casita. It was bigger than that of my old Alumabox.

My main thing is why oh why can't there be dealers in the US for these great little Canadian rigs? Hello Canada:wave ... there is a market for these down here in the lower 48.

Tags
escape