Why's Escape doing so well??? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Hi Alf, I wondered that myself, but after a visit from some new friends who just purchased a new (# 5) 19 ft Escape, I no longer wonder about it.

BTW, the Eddy's are great people and we will certainly go out to visit them as soon as we can. He's a fine Blacksmith and you should check out his Web Site. www.ianeddyblacksmith.com
I have the #6 Escape 19, picked up the day after the Eddy's. I had been chatting with them on email and the Escape forum, and spent the weekend with them at the Ft Langley meet. Nice folk for sure, and have put to good use a wee lightweight fire poker they gave me on a few occasions now too. It was one that Ian had made.

We are just as pleased with our trailer. Dealing with Tammy & Reace at Escape was a pleasure. The Escape 17 was on my short list, but when they announced the 19 I was all over it like a dirty shirt. I even had some input into the layout, and was quite surprised that they dropped their first plan and went with the one I preferred. Talk about really listening.

They also made every effort to build in some mods I wanted. Some I did not get because they just would not work out right, but Reace was very good at explaining the reasons why.

After spending 17 straight nights in it, and wishing it was even longer, I can honestly say that I know we made the right decision, both my wife and me are very pleased with how it is working out for us.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #22

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
As a consumer I would measure a company's true success by the number of satisfied customers. It appears that there quite a few of them here.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
As a consumer I would measure a company's true success by the number of satisfied customers. It appears that there quite a few of them here.
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #24

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Escape is doing well because of Reace and Tammy and their attention to quality, detail and customer service.

We bought our Escape 19 (#10 I think) and couldn't be happier with it, We asked for some different mods and Reace came through with most of them and explained why one or two wouldn't work.

This level of quality and service has not gone unnoticed in the RV community, everywhere we stay we have people come and ask to see our Escape trailer.

Doug & Eileen
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer.jpg  
Doug P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #25

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Doug P... I know the feeling, even tho we didn't get to deal with Reace& Tammy personally.
Usually within 15 min. of setting up camp we have visitors!!! Our 5.0 is a great conversation starter...Anywhere.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. Where's that beautiful camp site...or is it a secret???
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #26

Name: Ed
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
British Columbia
Update

I came across this 2009 thread and was thinking of how many things in the world have changed, but Escape Trailer Industries keeps building a great product. With their new expansion and redesigned trailers they still let every buyer select their own options and will even do certain modifications. They will be up to producing two trailers per day in 2018. Even at that there is still an 8 month wait!
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #27

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
This thread was started almost 9 years ago and like many questions posed in life we may never discover the true answer.

Happy Holidays to All

This reminds me of a question from over 30 years ago that was never logically answered
" Why did over a million people purchase a Pet Rock ? "
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #28

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
doing well

there is still a lot of money out there. I for one would never buy new but that is my way-good for those that like to live that way I suppose in the end it doesn't matter!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #29

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
This thread was started almost 9 years ago and like many questions posed in life we may never discover the true answer.

I know, I know.

It is because they offer a great value for a product that many folks are interested in, and follow that up with great service. I personally know dozens of very happy customers, and have met hundreds more.

While an Escape is not for everyone, it certainly is for many.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #30

Name: julie
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Alabama
I can say that moving from a 16 ft scamp (1989) to a 2017 17 b escape has opened up a lot of boondocking opportunities.
julmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #31

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Great product, but at less than a hundred trailers per year, their success must be a lot more in cost control than in volume.
With a gross profit of +-1.5M (Guess) it would take careful management and a sharp eye on overhead.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #32

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Great product, but at less than a hundred trailers per year, their success must be a lot more in cost control than in volume.
With a gross profit of +-1.5M (Guess) it would take careful management and a sharp eye on overhead.
You mean 500, right?

2 per day is 10 per week.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #33

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Floyd , if one takes the time to carefully read the Escape Trailer Forum you will soon see how costs , overhead and quality are contained / controlled .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #34

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
A fair minded person looks at (and comments on) what a manufacturer does right as well as wrong - and that goes for whether it's a Casita, a Scamp, an Escape or whatever. That same careful reading of the Escape Forum can also tell you whether someone is focused on the negatives or the positives. Having owned one now for a few years, I can tell you it's been an almost entirely positive experience.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:24 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Floyd , if one takes the time to carefully read the Escape Trailer Forum you will soon see how costs , overhead and quality are contained / controlled .
Old 12-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #36

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You mean 500, right?

2 per day is 10 per week.
Actually I was only going by post #3.
which said 1 every 3 days.
If its 2 per day, that would sure take the pressure off!
That would relax the need for such careful management or the sharp eye on overhead! Whew!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #37

Registry
Quote:

Happy Holidays to All

This reminds me of a question from over 30 years ago that was never logically answered
" Why did over a million people purchase a Pet Rock ? "
DANG!! I did it again! Thanks....I have just got to read the date line on a thread before I respond!.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #38

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Old 12-21-2017, 07:26 AM   #39

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I’ve had my Escape 19 for almost three years. Bought it new. Only thing I’ve had done are servicing the wheel bearings and brakes adjusted. Can’t beat that with a club.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #40

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
cost control

all this is great as long as the owners don't try to expand too much then their control is gone. while all companies like to think they have total control on such things as labor costs. They don't they soon get out of hand and then they are gone.

I think the owners have and are doing a great job with what they have and are living their dream. I wonder how much camping they get done now?

they need to stay small not try to get all the business and keep at it each day every day. if they stay in their business keep it just the way it is they can make a very nice living!!
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape