Does this floorplan exist in a 15 ft egg? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Hi All, so much fantastic info on this board, it's amazing! My head is swimming with all the different makes of eggs but so far I havent found exactly what I'd like and it may be b/c it doesnt exist. Is there an egg in the 15 ft range (vintage or new) that sleeps 3 (1 short adult and 2 kids) and has an inside shower? It seems like a 15 footer could accomodate that even if you have to replace a closet with a shower. A 2X2 ft space would be fine as my home shower is only 3X3 ft. It's more for the kids when they are too tired to go to the bath house or when there aren't facilities available. I'm only 5 ft tall so I could use it too. If an egg doesnt exist already, could one be modified? If so, which brands? The only 15ft eggs I know of are the Trilliums, Surfsides and Escapes. If I'm leaving any out please tell me.

Thanks for the input,
Melissa
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Hi, Melissa -

There are many 15', 16' 17' trailers that would fit your needs. Casita, Scamp and Escape are in current production and there are a lot of older models, Burro, Fiber Stream and many more that would work. Many eggs have two sleeping areas and wet baths. some have kids bunks over the larger beds.

Go to the Helpful-Links page for Casita's, Scamps, and Escapes web sites and check out the floor plans. The search function on this site will get you to threads and photo galleries.

I know that many more members will be signing on with great suggestions.

Welcome and have fun!

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Escape's
Click image for larger version

Name:	15___Floor_plan_A___B.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24782
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Escape's

Click image for larger version

Name:	15_foot_B.gif
Views:	58
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	24783
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
The iCamp Elite has the bathroom and shower you are asking for in a 15' or so package, but your husband won't like the 5'11" interior height. It is also quite heavy at 2400 lbs dry weight, and quite expensive at $16,000.
Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #6

Melissa's husband is no shorter than I am, and the only Casita that is tall enough for me is the 17'. Unfortunately it's much too heavy for my tow vehicle and too big for me to store conveniently.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Melissa, if I remember correctly you have a tow cap that you need to stay under. I just want to add that bathroom models tend to weight more, so if your trying to stay under a certain weight a bathroom model may not work.

There are shower tents that are available at wallie world that may give you that shower option with out the weight of a bathroom model. It would be a pain to drag with you and set up when needed. But it could be a solution.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Hi All, so much fantastic info on this board, it's amazing! My head is swimming with all the different makes of eggs but so far I havent found exactly what I'd like and it may be b/c it doesnt exist. Is there an egg in the 15 ft range (vintage or new) that sleeps 3 (1 short adult and 2 kids) and has an inside shower? It seems like a 15 footer could accomodate that even if you have to replace a closet with a shower. A 2X2 ft space would be fine as my home shower is only 3X3 ft. It's more for the kids when they are too tired to go to the bath house or when there aren't facilities available. I'm only 5 ft tall so I could use it too. If an egg doesnt exist already, could one be modified? If so, which brands? The only 15ft eggs I know of are the Trilliums, Surfsides and Escapes. If I'm leaving any out please tell me.

Thanks for the input,
Melissa
Scamp 16 side dinette
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #9

Here's a link to a list of trailers and their interior heights:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=34031

And another for bed sizes:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=25101

BTW, the one thing I forgot to mention about the Compact/Hunter/Campster-style trailers is their very low doors. It's only 54" high, and you get quite a whack on the noggin if you forget to stoop down. After the third whack it's no longer an issue -- somehow I no longer even think about it....
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #10

Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, I'm trying to stay around 2400 lbs ready to camp. My tow vehicle is a minivan with a 3500 lb capacity and I like being way under that so a 16 or 17 foot is pretty much off the table. I was hoping if I stretched it from a 13ft to a 15ft maybe a shower could be squeezed in. I thought maybe the 15ft would have a taller ceiling for Hubby (6 ft) when it's just us two camping and I read the Trilliums have wider beds. I need to be able to sleep 3 when it's just me and the girls. When it's all four of us I'll take the popup and Hubby can get that darn door off the popup ceiling, lol.

How do you collect the water if you use an outside shower tent? I know a lot of placed dont allow grey water to run on the ground. I thought about using a kids blow up pool but then dont know how I'd get the shower water out of the pool and to the dump station.

Thanks to all who dont mind educationg newbies to the FG world, lol.

Melissa
Old 11-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
BTW, the one thing I forgot to mention about the Compact/Hunter/Campster-style trailers is their very low doors. It's only 54" high, and you get quite a whack on the noggin if you forget to stoop down. After the third whack it's no longer an issue -- somehow I no longer even think about it....
Same with the Casita, but I am a person who learns pretty quick. Only took once to smack my head before I learned to dunk................ Hubby still smacks on occasion .

About the tent shower, I don't know cause I have never needed to have one, But I believe it has a water bag that you would fill (warm in the sun) from campground water
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Scamp 16 side dinette
Or Scamp 16 with side bath.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, I'm trying to stay around 2400 lbs ready to camp. My tow vehicle is a minivan with a 3500 lb capacity and I like being way under that so a 16 or 17 foot is pretty much off the table.
Melissa
my 1994 Casita SD is 16' , sleeps three with the side dinette down and has a shower/bath and air conditioning up under the front closet.... It weighs in at about 2300 lbs loaded as per cat scale and the tongue weight is 260 lbs (measured with one of those fancy rv tongue scales) the newer ones may weigh more...i'm not sure.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #14

Thanks for that info, Joe. I think I did read a discussion here somewhere that the new Casitas are heavier than the older ones. If somebody else could "weigh" in (lol) on this topic I'd be appreciative. Maybe we could narrow down when the extra weight came about. On a side note, where do you get a trailer weighed? Does every city have a place? I'd like to weigh my popup ready to camp.

Thanks again!
Melissa

Quote:
my 1994 Casita SD is 16' , sleeps three with the side dinette down and has a shower/bath and air conditioning up under the front closet.... It weighs in at about 2300 lbs loaded as per cat scale and the tongue weight is 260 lbs (measured with one of those fancy rv tongue scales) the newer ones may weigh more...i'm not sure.
Joe
Old 11-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #15

Melissa....
Most truck stops have a scale (Cat Brand is my favorite as you can weigh it in sections at one time in a single weigh) go on a sunday when truck traffic is minimal and ask them if you could unhook and just weigh the trailer...... if thats not possible weigh it twice... once with the tow vehicle and trailer and second time with just the tow vehicle and simply subtract the difference. If you get lucky enough where the scalemaster says you can unhook the trailer put the trailer wheels on one section of the scale and put the front crank down on another section of the scale so you can get a hitch weight and an axle weight ...... just take a good look at one of those scales and you will see what i mean......cat scales are recognizable from the highway because they have a picture of a black cat on the sign.
Hope some of this helps.
Joe
Old 11-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #16

Thanks, Joe. I'm not sure I've seen any truck scales on my stretch of I-95 here in Florida but we are headed to Ft. Bragg in North carolina over T'giving so I'll keep my eye out for them there.

Quote:
Melissa....
Most truck stops have a scale (Cat Brand is my favorite as you can weigh it in sections at one time in a single weigh) go on a sunday when truck traffic is minimal and ask them if you could unhook and just weigh the trailer...... if thats not possible weigh it twice... once with the tow vehicle and trailer and second time with just the tow vehicle and simply subtract the difference. If you get lucky enough where the scalemaster says you can unhook the trailer put the trailer wheels on one section of the scale and put the front crank down on another section of the scale so you can get a hitch weight and an axle weight ...... just take a good look at one of those scales and you will see what i mean......cat scales are recognizable from the highway because they have a picture of a black cat on the sign.
Hope some of this helps.
Joe
Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #17

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Melissa! We travel in a Scamp 13 with no shower. When available, we use campground showers, but for boondocking we have a 4x4 shower tent by StanSport (a wonderful Christmas gift from daughter). These are available from Cabela's and other outdoor retailers. We adopted the shower methods decribed in other posts ... here's how we do it:

We carry all our shower stuff in a covered tub in the tug - the tub is our "shower pan" to keep (most of) grey water contained.

We use a Coleman hand-held shower with battery-operated submersible pump - $20 at WalMart

When it's shower time, heat the water in a large kettle on the range or camp stove, place the kettle on a small table/milk crate in the cabana, the tub on the ground inside and the pump in the kettle of water

Once you're ready to shower, it works much like a small RV shower ... wet down, soap & scrub, rinse - adult can be squeaky clean in less than 2 gallons of water! Your girls will think it's fun!

When finished, carry the tub to the sewer hook-up spot at your site, or pour into a 'blue-boy' type portable wastewater container for later disposal.

This has worked well for us ... indeed we are using our shower cabana now (that's another story). This procedure has even been used by brave souls INSIDE a 13 footer using tension rods and shower curtains, but we've not been that brave yet!

Sounds like you are really 'doing your homework' and we wish you success in finding the Egg just right for your family.
Take care - L 'n D
Old 11-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Joe
Joe, my understanding is that the 16' Casita's interior height is only 5'10" -- at least that's what the Casita site says. Is your Casita's inside height more than 6'?

Melissa's husband is 6' tall -- he may object to having to always stoop when standing or walking.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 AM   #19

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Hi Melissa,

I tow an EggCamper 17ft. that weighs in at about 2000# dry. It has a side dinette that would work as a short bed. It has a shower and double bed and ample head room. I tow with a 2002 Toyota Sienna (3.0 V6). I think there's one in Florida somewhere. If you get in touch with Jim Palmer out at the EggCamper factory, I'm sure he could put you in touch with the owner so that you can see one in person.

Ron

Quote:
Thanks, Joe. I'm not sure I've seen any truck scales on my stretch of I-95 here in Florida but we are headed to Ft. Bragg in North carolina over T'giving so I'll keep my eye out for them there.
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Joe, my understanding is that the 16' Casita's interior height is only 5'10" -- at least that's what the Casita site says. Is your Casita's inside height more than 6'?

Melissa's husband is 6' tall -- he may object to having to always stoop when standing or walking.
My inside height is 5'10" which i am short enough to fit under but i did bring a few friends in there that are about 6'2" and they said it didn't bother them at all..... I thought for sure they would say this is annoying but for the light weight and all the amenities inside they said they would have no problem.... I don't walk around much inside. It's too small....... sitting, sleeping or outside.... LOL
Scamp 16' are supposed to be taller inside and may even be a little lighter..... maybe someone on this forum could chime in on that?
Also what ron says about the "EggCamper" I didn't realise they are that light for a 17' wonder what the tongue weight is on them?
Joe

Tags
eggcamper