Oliver is Back!? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #41
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
You are correct about the Blue Bonnet Rally Donna. Afraid that's out of the question for this year.
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #42

Trailer: Northern Lite 15 ft
We love your company. Service is great. Glad to hear you are back to trailers. We own 007. Great product great customer service. Keep it up!!!!
Nancy Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #43

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Five and a half years (and over 50,000 tow miles) later, we love our Oliver. No wood except the cutting board, and a thin luan sheet to layup the table.
Not for nothing, it still looks pretty new. Like our 40 year old sailboat, all fiberglass is the way to go. For us, familiar annual maintenance, marine wax, and we're on the road again.... and again.... and again.
We especially love the narrower width on narrow mountain roads. The trailer follows the truck tires, and we don't have to guess. All good for us, as it is for most of you with FGRVs. The road less travelled is our favorite.
Happy travels, safe travels, and have a great camping season.
Sherry
PS Can't wait till our next trip to Canada with the Oliver. We so enjoy the provincial parks.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #44

Name: Bill
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Maryland
Oliver Folks,

Has anyone requested information? I understand from the phone message that they're "ramping up." Have any of you Oliver aficionados been able to get any insider information?

We're pretty sure this is the one we'll be buying unless the pricing is totally out of sight. It looks like a great fit for our 2013 4Runner.

The new one appears more slender but I think that's probably an illusion brought about by the length. I'm just not used to seeing the 22' trailer, since I think only one was made before the production break.

Thanks,

Bill
eugarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #45

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
There are more than one 22' in existence, I saw several in Tennessee this Spring at the Townsend Rally. One had those drawers underneath, one did not. There is also another one out west. They are narrower but heavier than the Escape 19' that I had with me there. Mr. Oliver was very interested in the seeing an Escape which I obliged.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0512.JPG   DSCN0515.JPG  

Old 07-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #46

Maryland
All,

I got a really nice note from Robert Partee today with some pricing data and he said the initial production run is sold out until year's end. They are not taking orders for January delivery. If you want one, you'll probably want to secure a place in line. The plant should be in good shape for factory tours beginning in October.

The MSRP "Loaded" is high but certainly in the reach of many how want a high quality, pretty low maintenance travel trailer.

Bill
Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #47

Pennsylvania
Registry
I wonder if they have made any changes to the models?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #48

Maryland
Robert didn't mention any in his note but said the initial offering would be the 22' model.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #49

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
I spoke with Robert Partee yesterday. I will be at the factory this next week viewing the new units in production and finalizing our order for one of the 22 footers. While staying with the owners and company employees during the rally this past Spring at Townsend we talked about changes that could/should be made in the new production run. Lots of ideas were batted around; some fanciful, some practical. Several were gleaned from the non-production unit that had been specially built for the owner of the company. One of the modifications in that unit was ducted basement heat. I am happy to report that this has become a standard on the new models. It is whisper quiet and goes along the floor extending all the way into the bathroom. The duct work is molded into and located between the two shells. Robert states that there are several other new changes to the molds that will result in even more storage space. I will be taking lots of pics and should have a full report to share later next week.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #50

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugarps View Post
All,

I got a really nice note from Robert Partee today with some pricing data and he said the initial production run is sold out until year's end. They are not taking orders for January delivery. If you want one, you'll probably want to secure a place in line. The plant should be in good shape for factory tours beginning in October.

The MSRP "Loaded" is high but certainly in the reach of many how want a high quality, pretty low maintenance travel trailer.

Bill
(above bold, underlined and itialized text mine)

Hey Bill, when I read your post this morning, I was pretty sure this was a typo so I checked with Robert just to make sure. They are now taking orders for January delivery. Amazing how one letter can change the entire meaning of a sentence.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #51

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Steve and Bill, what will the top of the line Oliver run? Any other pricing you have seen to share? thanks.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #52

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm only about 90 minutes away from you Bill in Hagerstown, if you wish to see an Escape 21, mine will be here in December, this year.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #53

Maryland
Yes is was a typo. "NOT" should have been "NOW." And yes they are NOW taking orders for January delivery. All of the slots for October are taken.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Bill
Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #54

Maryland
For the inquiring minds here's a copy of Robert's email:

Greetings from Oliver Travel Trailers!

Thank you for your interest in the Oliver Travel Trailer. Our new website is under construction and we hope to have it populated with much more information and pictures by the end of September or sooner.
Also, the forums currently are not accepting new members and we plan on having that resolved soon as possible.

You can follow us on Facebook under Oliver Travel Trailers where we are currently posting pictures and information.

As for the basic trailer information I am glad to report that we have finally settled on most the standard items for the rollout of our 22’ travel trailer.
Attached you will find a sheet that will provide most the information you may need. Any additional questions you have please contact me by e-mail or give me a call and I will be glad to get you an answer.

Currently this year’s production is already spoken for and we are taking deposits for January deliveries at this time.
We should be in good shape for plant tours in October where you can see our process as well as the 2014 model 22 footer.

Our estimate of weight is 3,700 pounds dry with a 350 pound tongue. (Note: That's a good bit heavier than the Escape 19'. I wonder how it compares with the Escape 21'?)

MSRP will be at $45,000 for a loaded unit that will have all the items on the attachment plus thermal windows, Kingdome satellite and a wall mount thermostat for the AC. (For a fully loaded Oliver, that's not to bad really.)

We sell from Hohenwald Tennessee and do not have a dealer network to better control our cost to the customer. Trailers are to be picked up in Hohenwald but shipping arrangements can be made.

Thank you for your interest in the Oliver Travel Trailer and we look forward to working with those interested in the future.

Robert P. Partee Sr.
931-796-6600 ext. 216
Cell 931-306-1908
rpartee@olivertraveltrailers.com

The weight is the only part that's worrisome for me. I could be coming pretty close to the limit for my 2013 4Runner of 4,700#, when its loaded. While I know Toyota underrates their vehicles, I don't want to be laboring on passes in the Rockies. I may wait for a smaller one.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #55

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm only about 90 minutes away from you Bill in Hagerstown, if you wish to see an Escape 21, mine will be here in December, this year.
Thanks! I may just want to see your Escape 21. I'm just guessing but it looks like it could be 1,000# lighter than the Oliver.

Bill
Old 07-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #56

Pennsylvania
Registry
Yes, according to the both factory specs, the Escape is 3060# and the Oliver is 4005# for almost identical sized units.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #57
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
Till we get our new website up I am posting construction processes on Facebook.
If you have time take a look and "Like" us if you do.
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #58

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Robert P. Do you know what the ALU beams circled are for? Does the inner yoke sit down on these and are the holding take laid down around them also? Thanks. (photo from your facebook)
Attached Thumbnails
ol.jpg  
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #59

Pennsylvania
Registry
I thought those were the ducts for the heat because they have ducted heat now.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #60

Registry
Those beams sit between the two water tanks (fresh and gray) and support the center of the inner shell.

Tags
oliver