Adding a dinette to a Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #1

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Adding a dinette to a Burro

It seems a little easier than a Scamp due to the pre fab cut out area. I bought 2 flush mount table pole inserts, one for the dinette and one for the original dinette now turned into "most of the time bed". The rear factory dinette table leg insert at the floor was a raised style which I am repurposing for the mount on the bottom side of the front dinette table. this allows a flush mount to be installed in the floor and additional storage space where things are not colliding with the " cup" that sticks up from the floor.

The front table is the factory center section under the couch. The couch covers have been modified from a single lower cushion to 3 separate ones. When the table is up the cushion will store against the wall vertically under the new table.

Before:

After:

I slid the table mount over center slight to the right so a Human could enter from the kitchen area.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #2

Name: Brandi
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
Texas
A human?!? Love it! That's why I replaced my back table. My ankle wasn't small enough to fit back there. Lol
Brandiwhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #3

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
So how did you do those seats. Zooming in on the picture it looks like all fiberglass, including the lip that table rests on as a couch.

Have been considering something like this myself. In looking at it do you think you could have used 4 cushions so when using the table the two would provide back rest for both sides? Thought might be able to put two small cushions at end for a couch/bed to keep the seam from being in a bad spot when laying down but still give both seats a backrest.

Hard to tell if it will work or not just looking at my front couch or your nice dinette.

See the pole cups peaking out under the cushions so does that mean it still sleeps 4?
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #4

Name: Brandi
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
Texas
I love the four cushion idea. Gets those cushions off of the floor
Brandiwhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
So how did you do those seats. Zooming in on the picture it looks like all fiberglass, including the lip that table rests on as a couch.

Have been considering something like this myself. In looking at it do you think you could have used 4 cushions so when using the table the two would provide back rest for both sides? Thought might be able to put two small cushions at end for a couch/bed to keep the seam from being in a bad spot when laying down but still give both seats a backrest.

Hard to tell if it will work or not just looking at my front couch or your nice dinette.

See the pole cups peaking out under the cushions so does that mean it still sleeps 4?
The fiberglass areas are like that from Burro. The 4 cushion idea is a good one, but would make them small and uncomfortable to sit on when in couch mode. The center section stowes behind the table against the face of the couch back piece. Yes, still will accommodate 4 with the bunk feature retained.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #6

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post
The fiberglass areas are like that from Burro. The 4 cushion idea is a good one, but would make them small and uncomfortable to sit on when in couch mode. The center section stowes behind the table against the face of the couch back piece. Yes, still will accommodate 4 with the bunk feature retained.
Hmmm maybe I should be looking for a front out of a burro that was pulled for some sort of heavy modification.

Would have to be able to stash the small seat cushions someplace where the seams would be out of the way. Been playing around with scratch paper and a tape measure but have not come up with any dimensions that avoided exactly the issue you raise of having too many seams.

Did go online and check out the flush mount bases such as you suggest. What do you attach to the underside of the table for the post? Is it a cone base or...?
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #7

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Here's what I did to my Burro.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Burros and UHauls have a finished opening at the center of the bench area. The fiberglass is already finished in there. This means that all you do is remove the center piece of wood, and put in a table leg.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #9

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Jon & Gage, great looking mods. I too went with the three cushions up front but not the big cushion for the back. Since it is just me, I use a TV tray don't have the nice table like you all do.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro