NC SOLD FS: 1986 Uhaul CT - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2015, 05:35 PM   #1

Name: Billy
Trailer: Uhaul
North Carolina
SOLD FS: 1986 Uhaul CT

I never thought this day would come, but here it is, my Sweet little Uhaul camper. It can now be yours!

Why am I selling this fantastic little camper that I said I would keep forever? Fact of the matter is with two growing boys, we have simply outgrown it. We want to do more camping but we need to step up our camper size a bit.

This is truly a unique little camper and is the the most original one I have seen. Heck, it’s the only one I have ever seen (in person). I have a vast array of facts on the little campers and their history. For the sake of typing, I will share all that if you are interested.

The details:
It is a 1986 13’ Fiberglass camper on a steel tube frame made for Uhaul, by Uhaul. One of only around 2000 or so made. I have owned it since 2002. It weighs around 1300 lbs. dry with a 200 lb. tongue. It can be pulled with just about anything. We used to pull it with our CRV.

It features all orgional graphics except for the rear UHAUL logo. I had that reproduced. It has all original interior including cushions, with the exception of a rubber floor liner I installed recently to replace the dirty carpet and a set of custom curtains my mom made for me, which are now a bit faded. I much better flooring choice in my opinion. It has a sink, a stove, an ice box (built in cooler), a propane furnace, a ton of storage, bunk bed up front, dinette that converts to a double bed in the back, a roof mounted swamp cooler (unhooked), Rooftop solar charger hooked into the functioning 12v system, 120 hookup, and cool factor that is through the roof which, by the way is high enough for me and those taller than me to stand up in.

What does it lack? A/C and a bathroom, a lot of people keep a small port-a-potty in theirs and convert it to A/C. I have done neither of these. I have not ran water through the plumbing system in many years, used the furnace, or the stove. I cannot guarantee their functionality. We camp minimalistic by cooking and camping outside mainly just using the camper for slumber.

What is wrong with it? The windows leak when it rains hard. I removed all windows after purchasing it and resealed them. They still leak. I keep it covered when not in use, put towels under the windows when camping in the rain. The near 30 year old gel coat is cracking in some spots. This is typical of fiberglass campers. It does not leak there or hurt it in any way. It is just cosmetic. Most of the hinges, range hood, and metal interior bits show some corrosion from the high humidity in the area. Again cosmetic. Tires have some age on them. Not terrible and I’d pull it without worry, just something to think about.

Overall a great little camper that will get you attention wherever you go! If you don’t like to talk about your camper every single time you stop, don’t like getting thumbs up and smiles on the highway, and don’t want to be the talk of the campground, this is not the camper for you! You will get all of this and more. This very camper is featured on the side of over 400 Uhaul moving vans nationwide. It is #uhaulfamous.

I will be sad to see it go, but excited to start a new chapter of camping.
Own it today!

Asking $5,500 firm.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:07 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: In the market
Missouri
Nice looking trailer. Where are you located? I'm in St. Louis, mo. Would I need to put new tires and bearing on it to be safe at highway speeds?
Old 07-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #3

North Carolina
I'm in NC. About 750 miles away. I drove through St. Louis a few weeks ago. Nice town.
I would put on a new set to be on the safe side traveling that far. Uhaul used sealed hubs. They are not serviceable, and should be good to go.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:29 PM   #4

Name: Christopher
Trailer: In the market
North Carolina
Are you near Raleigh by chance? If so, I'd like to come by and check it out.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #5

North Carolina
I am about 100 miles from Raleigh. you are welcome to check it out.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:53 PM   #6

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
Sounds great! Close to what I want for my nieces and I. Based on how far people end up driving to buy these, it is helpful to know if things like the water, heater and stove work. Could you run them so you could let people know? I am in Indiana and dont want to put a deposit and drive all that way if those items arent functional. Waht is across from the sink,next to the door. Some have a closet that a porto potty can sit in the bottom of. Others have a cabinet with shelves.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #7

North Carolina
Across from the sink, next to the door is the furnace, and above that is a closet with a hangar rod in there to hang your clothes in.
Most people utilize the vacant center space in the front under the bunks for the port-a-potty. Seems to fit there well from what I have seen.
I understand the concern for the untested systems.

Propane:
Stove worked great the last time I tested it. Little to go wrong there. Furnace would light, but would not stay lit. Since we cook outside, and I did not trust an old propane furnace in that confined of a space, I disabled the whole propane system by removing the front hose and regulator. We now keep a water cooler in the propane bottle holder as seen in the canoe pic. We hear with an electric ceramic heater if camping in the cold. It don't take much to heat in there!
Propane regulators and bottles have changed since the 80's a new bottle and regulator would need to be fitted to make it usable again. Not a big expense, I have just left it disabled. Camper comes with original LP bottle.
Sink, there is not much to go wrong. I just never put water through it to keep down on the extra moisture staying in the system and causing mold or freezing in the winter months.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:42 AM   #8

Would like to buy her if still around.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:01 AM   #9

North Carolina
It's still available!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #10

North Carolina
SOLD!
Old 07-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #11

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Georgia
Umm, bought. Anybody need a Trillium 1300?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Tags
uhaul