I cannot connect to Facebook Uhaul Group - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #1

Name: KenSea
Trailer: 1987 Uhaul CT13
Washington
Angry I cannot connect to Facebook Uhaul Group

Hello,
I have had the link to Join the Uhaul Group on Facebook, but attached is the message I get:
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable,
The link you clicked may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
I have tried this link via laptop, IPad, and IPhone.
Fustrating to say the least-
HELP!
KenSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Did you "click" on the "join group'' box ? Then you have to wait to be accepted.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #3

Name: KenSea
Trailer: 1987 Uhaul CT13
Washington
I thought I clicked Join Group a month ago.
No response
I do not get anything now, but what Instated.
Thank you
KenSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #4

Name: Den
Trailer: Burro Wide Body 17
Missouri
I also havent gotten on the group. My reqiest to joinI has been in pending status for more than a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Fiberglass RV mobile app
kcburro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I check for new people all the time. I do not see a pending person. Send me your emails by PM and I will try to add both of you.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:14 PM   #6

Registry
Just a suggestion. If you are trying to join, send a PM to me letting me know to watch for you. We do monitor those applying for membership, to avoid those spammers trying to sell sunglasses and tennis shoes. If permissions on your Facebook page don't allow me to determine if you are someone interested in fiberglass, you might get blocked. We don't want to seem uninviting, so just let me know.

Both of you are now on our Facebook page. Welcome aboard!

CindyL
Old 09-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
If permissions on your Facebook page don't allow me to determine if you are someone interested in fiberglass, you might get blocked.
Which would pretty well block most people I know who own fiberglass trailers and who attempt to keep some level of privacy on their Facebook pages.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:32 AM   #8

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
I agree Cindy

It doesn't take much effort to post a quick note on your FB Page that you are interested in joining because you have a UHAUL Camper.

Other wise good chance of not being approved. Not asking to much and there are plenty that do it showing they are serious in joining and not just surfing and curious.

Quote:
Just a suggestion. If you are trying to join, send a PM to me letting me know to watch for you. We do monitor those applying for membership, to avoid those spammers trying to sell sunglasses and tennis shoes. If permissions on your Facebook page don't allow me to determine if you are someone interested in fiberglass, you might get blocked. We don't want to seem uninviting, so just let me know.

Both of you are now on our Facebook page. Welcome aboard!

CindyL
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:35 AM   #9

Registry
Not really, Carol. I am pretty accepting. As long as I see an image or an address indicating that you might be a real person, images of kids or pets who might want to camp, pictures of friends that indicate you are a real person, or even a face that appears normal, I add. I block those who clearly belong to a varied bunch of sites that might not be monitored, an address that is not in this country or Canada (and then not if I see something that indicates a genuine interest in camping. I admitted someone whose page was automatically translated from Italian. I saw a fiberglass camper in her images.), or sites that have an abnormally gorgeous face image looking aluringly at me with no other information. However, mistakes are made, and I apologize if I blocked someone who was legitimate. So I suggest a PM to me, and then Perk and I can make sure you are admitted. I don't think we have had too many spammers, have we Robert?

Cindy
Old 09-27-2015, 09:04 AM   #10

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
I agree Cindy, I believe we have had very few spammers get through, but a few have and they have been immediately removed with no warning . You are spot on in your description of approval process. I also make sure there is a history of previous posts going back a reasonable time period with "normal" postings. We are very accommodating but are cautiously selective. I have even PM the requester, a few times, for a response when I was on the cusp of ignoring.
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Not really, Carol. I am pretty accepting. As long as I see an image or an address indicating that you might be a real person, images of kids or pets who might want to camp, pictures of friends that indicate you are a real person, or even a face that appears normal, I add. I block those who clearly belong to a varied bunch of sites that might not be monitored, an address that is not in this country or Canada (and then not if I see something that indicates a genuine interest in camping. I admitted someone whose page was automatically translated from Italian. I saw a fiberglass camper in her images.), or sites that have an abnormally gorgeous face image looking aluringly at me with no other information. However, mistakes are made, and I apologize if I blocked someone who was legitimate. So I suggest a PM to me, and then Perk and I can make sure you are admitted. I don't think we have had too many spammers, have we Robert?

Cindy

Sorry if you have taken my comment the wrong way Cindy. As someone who admins another public fiberglass trailer Facebook page I fully appreciate your efforts and recognizing the challenges of trying to figure out if someone asking to join the page is a Fiberglass trailer fan or simple a spammer... getting harder and harder to do though as folks understandable lock up their privacy settings on their personal FB pages. Becoming increasingly common for people to not allow anyone but friends to see a photo - not even one of themselves - they often use a funny aviator of sorts. Apparently a few people don't really get the "FACE"Book part of it!

Not sure what the answer to the problem is. Currently If I am having troubles determining if they are a spammer or not, I send a message to the party requesting to tell me what type of trailer they own or want to own - the answer to that question is often telling
Old 09-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #12

Registry
Not a problem. I really don't have time to do anything more than scan their pages and approve or not. Perk carries out the niceties. I also discovered that my hand disability may be part of the issue. I cannot use a mouse, and I may have slid the trackpad cursor over disapprove and activated it. I found out yesterday that I ordered something on Ebay because of this. I had melamine saucers in my ebay cart, intending to keep them in mind until I saw what the first set looked like (I am taking my kitchen back to the 50s. I am getting rid of heavy ceramic in favor of melamine to ease the load on my hands.) that arrives today. No need to wait anymore. My cursor slid past and ordered the second set. Luckily, they are cheap, and I had planned to get them anyway.

I have to watch carefully in the future. I might accidentally sell my Uhaul.

CindyL
Old 09-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #13

Registry
Quote:
I have to watch carefully in the future. I might accidentally sell my Uhaul.

CindyL
=:-O LOL I hope not!!!!

Tags
uhaul