Any Bigfoot 25RQ or 25RT Near Minneapolis? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2018, 09:05 AM   #1

Name: Brad
Trailer: In the Market for a Bigfoot
MN
Any Bigfoot 25RQ or 25RT Near Minneapolis?

We are new to the forum. We are looking for information and hoping someone in the this group can help.

We have not yet purchased our Bigfoot trailer and are looking at the 25B25RQ and the 25B25RT. To narrow down the models we are interested in, we have searched extensively online, at the bigfoot site and at other resources. While the internet resources have been great, nothing beats physically stepping inside a trailer and walking around them. Asking an experienced owner questions would be a plus!

So here’s our dilemma. We live in Minnesota, just outside the twin cities, and the closest dealer is in Colorado. We were hoping one of the existing owners who live in the Midwest (and closer than Colorado) would be gracious enough to let us see your trailer in person. Any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Please let us know if we could visit. You can reach us at nhall.wi@gmail.com. Thanks.

Brad
nhall0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:36 AM   #2

Name: earl
Trailer: bigfoot
British Columbia
bigfoot in your area

have you tried asking this question on the bigfoot owners club site?
e.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #3

MN
Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, we did and have a favorable response to our inquiry.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Hi Brad,

I have an older RQ. I love the floor plan and the ability to raise the shades and have views on three sides of both the living area and the bedroom. When you are in the wilderness it is fantastic. Or you can put them down and have privacy when you are on a parking lot. They also have a good size dry bathroom. They are very stable and tow with no fishtailing. I tow mine behind an F-350 without equalizer bars.

But they are heavy and they catch a lot of wind. You will need a 3/4 ton or equivalent tow vehicle. Your fuel economy with any kind of a gasoline powered tow vehicle will be 8 to 12 miles per gallon and that depends on if you are towing into a wind or with it. I had a diesel truck once and it would get 12 to 14 mpg. On my run to Arizona last winter I fought a 25 to 30 mph headwind for about 600 miles and was down to 7 mpg running 62 mph.

The ones without the front cargo box option have limited room for an extra battery. Without that storage there is no place for long items like brooms, mops or fishing rods. I carry my broom propped behind the toilet stool and it falls over when travelling. There is a lot of other storage though.

The front battery/tank cover, while it looks good, has a lid on top that funnels all of the rain water that falls on the lid so that it drips on top of the battery.

It is a four season trailer BUT the ONE BATTERY that comes with the trailer WILL NOT run the furnace blower all night long on a cold night. You will wake up at 3:00am and the blower will be just about stopped and the battery totally drained down to about 11 volts. How well I know. You WILL need a generator and I don't like their option of putting one under the front of the trailer where it is difficult to get to it to service, and it has the potential to leak exhaust fumes under the trailer. That leaves you with the choice of a portable which must be loaded and unloaded each time you use it. My generator runs about 6 hours on a tank of gas. On a really cold night I leave it running and go to bed with an electric space heater going. It runs out of gasoline and the battery will carry the furnace blower on through till morning. If you have the front storage compartment there would be enough room for four of those six volt golf cart batteries. That would take you through a couple of nights.

All of that means the generator will need to be one of the few light enough to lift and move but still have enough power to run the Air Conditioner or microwave. The reason it must be loaded and unloaded is a generator cannot be stored or run in the rain. (unless you have a really good life insurance policy).

Which reminds me of one of my pet peeves about the Bigfoots: They know they will be towed mostly with pickup trucks but they put that front jack stand so close to the front that you cannot let your tailgate down to load and unload items, or your tailgate will be damaged by the top of the jack stand. (that means you have to get your wife to lift that generator over the top of the tailgate)

When loaded for camping you have close to 3,000 lbs on each 3,500 pound axle. That coupled with the "made in China" bearings they put in them at the factory puts you at a lot more risk of a bearing failure. When a wheel bearing goes out a long way from home beside the highway you have all kinds of logistical problems. Ask me how I know. I really wish they would put 5,200 pound capacity axles under them. Not because you will ever be carrying that much weight but because the bearings are about twice as big and a bearing failure is much less likely.

All of that being said: I can't find another trailer or floor plan that I like better than the Bigfoot 25B25RQ.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:46 PM   #5

Name: Steven and Paula
Trailer: Bigfoot
Ontario
Bigfoot tour

We have a 25rq and are planning a tour in September passing through the Twin Cities. Huge Vikings fan. We live in Ottawa Canada and if we do the tour as planned I will look you up for a quick stop for a little show and tell.
We went to Arizona last year with it and it really is a wonderful trailer.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #6

MN
Steven:

I just saw your reply. We would love to visit with you and see your camper! You can call us at 262-412-1242 or reach us by email - nhall.wi@gmail.com.

Norma & Brad Hall
Old 08-02-2018, 07:51 AM   #7

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by swip View Post
We have a 25rq and are planning a tour in September passing through the Twin Cities. Huge Vikings fan. We live in Ottawa Canada and if we do the tour as planned I will look you up for a quick stop for a little show and tell.
We went to Arizona last year with it and it really is a wonderful trailer.
What do you tow it with?
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #8

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
What is your tow vehicle?
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot