New guy needing Bigfoot advice - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #21

Name: John & Gloria
Trailer: Bigfoot 21RB
Florida
That's what I hope we can find is one that has had some care. I enjoy searching for an RV. My wife is more impatient and wants to buy every one she sees, so we have a few discussions of the heated variety occasionally but eventually it will show up.
Travelin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #22

Name: John & Gloria
Trailer: Bigfoot 21RB
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Getting rid of the musty smell won't be too difficult in a trailer that is in decent shape. Clean fuzzy surfaces with a good quality deodorizing carpet and fabric steam cleaner. Then use a good sized dehumidifier for a few days until it stops pulling in a lot of water. Then rent an ionizing air cleaner, the kind the professional services that do insurance work to clean up houses and businesses after water damage and fire damage use. It will kill all the spores on surfaces and take odors out of there just a couple of days. Be sure you open all the cabinet doors but close the exterior door and windows while the air filter is in use. A number of hours of labor but at least you know it is nice and clean.

Or if you don't want to do a DIY job take it to a service company that does interior cleaning on boats, cars, motorhomes etc.

Thanks for the suggestions on the cleanup KC. I just can't bring myself to get involved with a rig that has some dampness issues, needs a new fridge and shows quite a bit of rust on the hitch and frame. The guy is solid on his price so I think I will keep looking.
Travelin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot