17 ft 83 bigfoot trailer bed size - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 12:03 PM   #1

Name: Ian
Trailer: In the market
British Columbia
17 ft 83 bigfoot trailer bed size

Hey all, I am looking to purchase a mattress and essentially make the couch bed a permanent bed fixture in my trailer. I am in town away from it and wondering if anyone knows the mattress size of the bed that the couch converts into. Thanks !
Ianp995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
If no one gets to it before then, I'll measure mine when I get home from work later today.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #3

Montana
Approximately 42”x75”
Old 05-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B-17'
Washington
A previous owner of my ‘88 B-17 took out the gaucho bed and put in a solid platform bed with a ton of storage under it. It is so much better than the couch.
Glass House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:10 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
I'm not sure what year model the closet and bathroom swapped places; however, my gaucho bed is 75" x 45". In 1980 models the closet shares a wall with the kitchen and the bathroom shares a wall with the gaucho.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:58 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I would like to do something similar to mine but I can barely squeeze into the bathroom with the gaucho out.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:27 PM   #7

Montana
I agree. I can see a lot of good reasons for keeping the bed set up permanently, but for me it wouldn't really work. FWIW, my Bigfoot is a 91 and it's the closet that is right against the bed, in case it matters as Tom brought up.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:38 AM   #8

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Arthurs View Post
I would like to do something similar to mine but I can barely squeeze into the bathroom with the gaucho out.
I had a 1986 15B17G, with the same space problem when the bed was up.
I noticed that the bathroom door was way too wide unnecessarily.
I was able to reduce the door by almost 2 inches. in width, which improved the passage for the night.
I had to remove 1 inch. on each side because I had a central control in it, accompanied by a mirror well glued on the outside.
My brother had a saw with different grooves and we found the same model.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #9

Name: Eleanor
Trailer: Bigfoot TT
California
Check out foamfactory.com. They will make you a mattress of any dimension and they have 4-5 levels of firmness. We've used them to replace all the cushions in our 1996 Bigfoot 1500 as well as to make a custom mattress for our 30 foot sailboat.

In the case of our Bigfoot, we purchased the foam cushions from them with dacron wrapping and had a local upholsterer cover the cushions using Sunbrella fabric we also purchased online. Can't recall the exact Sunbrella site but recall there are several that sell it online - might have been in Florida. Overall project was half the price of the quote from the upholsterer and several local RV cushion shops. She ended up charging us $60 per cushion for her labor to cover the cushions

For our boat mattress, foam factory added the dacron wrap and the covered the foam cushions with blue and white mattress ticking material. The total cost was a about one third of the cheapest cost from other marine mattress suppliers

They ship the cushions with all of the air sucked out and then wrapped in heavy duty plastic so it essentially a brick. Once you slice the plastic it assumes its intended shape an about 24 hours. Good Luck
eryork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #10

Name: Andrea
Trailer: Bigfoot
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
A previous owner of my ‘88 B-17 took out the gaucho bed and put in a solid platform bed with a ton of storage under it. It is so much better than the couch.
Do you have a picture of this mod? I'm looking at making the gaucho bigger and would love to see how others have done this.
Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:08 AM   #11

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Do you have a picture of this mod? I'm looking at making the gaucho bigger and would love to see how others have done this.
You can see the setup and contact if it's necessary :

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ion-74605.html
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot