Composting Toilet for Casita Spirit Deluxe - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #101

Name: T
Trailer: Designing and building
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadwithaDog View Post
I can’t find the “compoosting toilet”
https://compoosttoilets.com/

This is not an endorsement, just showing off my Google-fu...
Thomcat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:36 AM   #102

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita - 2019 SD17
Idaho
Benefits of the Compoosting Toilet over the NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadwithaDog View Post
This is the new attachment to turn with your foot. I was wondering if the extra inches it stuck out would hit the wall.

Tell me more on why you would go for the compoosting toilet than natures head.
Yes, there is room for the foot style spider handle on the Nature's Head (NH). I suspect that the extra width will further hamper getting the NH in and out of the wet bath. It may require that you remove the top section of the NH each time prior to removing the bottom section from the wet bath.

As for the Compoosting Toilet (CT). The following is my personal take on your question.

Ease of emptying and add compost material. The CT has an easily removable bucket which is accomplished by simply lifting the lid and removing the bucket. On the NH, you will have to remove the entire NH from the wet bath in order to empty and replace the composting material. With the CT the weight is only that of the bucket and its contents. The NH is the weight of the entire toilet plus the contents of the toilet.

Ease of emptying the "liquids bottle". To remove the liquids bottle from the CT, you simply lift the lid and remove the bottle. On the NH, you will have to unlatch the upper section of the toilet to access the bottle.

The liquids bottle is hidden from view on the CT. With the NH, the liquids bottle is mostly in full view.

The CT has no handle or foot pedal. You simply press a button to stir the composting material. With the NH, you will have to manually turn the Spider Handle either with your hand or foot after each use.

The CT has a slick clean outer appearance and will be very easy to keep clean. The NH has many different surfaces and angles to keep clean.

Installation - once the CT is mounted to the floor, there is no need to ever remove the whole toilet. The NH will require unbolting the toilet from the floor brackets and removing the entire toilet from the wet bath to empty the compost and replace it each time.

The CT will give you a warning light that the liquids bottle is full. The NH does not provide any indicators. You will have to physically check the liquids bottle to see if it is full.

Finally, with the Spider Handle installed (either one), getting the NH in and out of the wet bath will require some finesse. No finesse will be required for the CT.

The CT provides options for males to stand up and urinate. Their entire design is well thought out and executed. Not that esthetics are important in the bathroom, but I personally feel the CT has a cleaner and much simpler look to it while providing the same function as the NH.

If you decide on the NH, the check out the installation I did on my 2019 Casita SD 17 at https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...let-93950.html.

The downside of the CT is that it will require more DC power than the NH to power the stirring motor at the base of the bucket. The cost will be more as I previously stated due to currency exchange between the UK and US, shipping costs, and the higher price of the unit. In the end, you pay for what you get.

I wish you well in your research.
Bob Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 08:43 AM   #103

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita - 2019 SD17
Idaho
Link to Compoosting Toilets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomcat316 View Post
https://compoosttoilets.com/

This is not an endorsement, just showing off my Google-fu...
Thank you for providing the link. I should have done that myself, but was too lazy. LOL You definitely showed your Google . . . . as I had trouble finding that link myself the first time.
Bob Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #104

Name: T
Trailer: Designing and building
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
The downside of the CT is that it will require more DC power than the NH to power the stirring motor at the base of the bucket. The cost will be more as I previously stated due to currency exchange between the UK and US, shipping costs, and the higher price of the unit. In the end, you pay for what you get.
I had a nice conversation with Compoost via email, and you need to bear in mind that the listed prices include VAT, which export customers do not pay. It's a significant difference. I am expecting to find out the import duty rate for the US in a couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
Thank you for providing the link. I should have done that myself, but was too lazy. LOL You definitely showed your Google . . . . as I had trouble finding that link myself the first time.
You're very welcome! Glad to have found these folks. I was a proponent of the AirHead, but the design, fit, finish, and other practical aspects of the Compoost are pointing me in that direction for our next build.
Thomcat316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita