Comfortable Chair for BigFoot 25TB - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Comfortable Chair for BigFoot 25TB

Most of the trailers on the forum are very similar in their layout. What does everyone do if you are stuck inside and you get tired of the dinette seating.

I have been thinking of removing one of the twin beds and putting a lounge chair there. It would be good for reading. I have also been thinking about a fancy office or gaming chair but only if I could easily get it off of the base. Then I could make a spot for it where one bed used to be or put the wheels on and sit it at the end of the dinette table.

I haven't bought one yet but those fancy foldup outside recliners I have seen at Camping world might work inside to. Maybe a bunch of nice pillows will work. I don't know.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:16 PM   #2

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Personally I'd remove the dinette and get two comfortable chairs. A portable table could be used for eating. Only you know if that could work for you.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:08 PM   #3

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Casita offers a captain chair option, with two comfortable (I assume; I've never sat in one) chairs where the dinette is in other models. So yeah, it's definitely an option.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:00 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Best chairs I ever have had in any RV were the swivel chairs in my 1984 Alpenlite. I would gladly give up a dinette to get those two chairs instead.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:54 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We put small recliners in our Silver Cloud.

CindyL
Old 04-28-2020, 04:44 AM   #6

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Personally I'd remove the dinette and get two comfortable chairs. A portable table could be used for eating. Only you know if that could work for you.
I'm not ready to give up the dinette now. I would like to be able to invite a few people over when I want. It might happen later on. It depends on how long I can sit at the dinette. I will find out.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:57 AM   #7

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Best chairs I ever have had in any RV were the swivel chairs in my 1984 Alpenlite. I would gladly give up a dinette to get those two chairs instead.
I found some pictures of those chairs. They did look nice.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:00 AM   #8

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
We put small recliners in our Silver Cloud.

CindyL
Yes I read your thread and saw photos of your chairs. I might have to redesign the dinette.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:45 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
west marine sell these "event chairs". i put a pair in my casita 16er a few years back and they work well for me. they have the added advantage of folding in half and using the back pack straps to carry them to the event (a feature i've never used). the backs adjust so you can make more of a recliner if you want.

p@
Attached Thumbnails
int_2.jpg  
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #10

Name: Robert
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B-17'
Washington
I’ve been known to move the dinette table outside and out my comfy camp chair in its place.
Glass House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #11

Name: Benny
Trailer: Casita
Washington
These chairs look perfect!
Is there a brand or makers name on them. I can't locate them. We live out of our 17ft SD Casita and these are what I'm looking for.
Thanks
Bgreat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #12

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
Quote:
These chairs look perfect!
ummm...which chairs?

if you're talking about my post the chairs were/are(?) sold by west maring and that's their logo on the chair back....i've no idea if they available from anyone else.

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:12 PM   #13

Washington
Thank you.
They are not listed on their web site. I will keep looking.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:20 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgreat1 View Post
Thank you.
They are not listed on their web site. I will keep looking.

This might be Canadian site:

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...seat--10967917
Old 05-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #15

Washington
I looked again and found them. Ordered them. "Go anywhere" chairs.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick crawford View Post
west marine sell these "event chairs". i put a pair in my casita 16er a few years back and they work well for me. they have the added advantage of folding in half and using the back pack straps to carry them to the event (a feature i've never used). the backs adjust so you can make more of a recliner if you want.

p@
I added a pair of the West Marine High Backed Chairs to the front dinette in my Escape 17B, and liked them enough that I added one to my 21. I pulled one of the dinette side & back cushions and covered the plywood deck with vinyl. Not as comfortable as my Lazy Boy recliner I have at home, but far better than the original cushions.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 04:20 PM   #17

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
Casita offers a captain chair option, with two comfortable (I assume; I've never sat in one) chairs where the dinette is in other models. So yeah, it's definitely an option.
We didn't favor the little captains chairs in the Casita. We are not oversized people, but the chairs seemed undersized and much too upright to be comfortable. They didn't provide any support under the knees. I was considering having them reconstructed, and I also worked on a design for a flip-up bolster to improve them.

Then we went with the Escape for many other reasons, so improving our seating remains on my list of unrealized ambitions.

The two little swivel chairs in the Lance 1475 were nice, but they are apparently only available to OEM RV manufacturers. One was on a five(?)-legged base that sat on the floor, and the other was bolted to an elevated extension of the top of the wheel well.
Attached Thumbnails
Img_2046 rot.jpg   IMG_1137 rot.jpg  

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:16 AM   #18

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I have just bought a Coleman Big-N-Tall Quad Camping Chair for my husband. My husband never wanted to sit on folding chairs for fear of breaking them. I suspect he would have been fine, but having a chair specially designed to be so tough makes him feel more comfortable, and that's super important too. He likes this chair and uses it regularly now.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot