Resurrecting the Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-16-2020, 01:10 PM   #1

Name: Arlon
Trailer: 2002 Casita Bunk Delux
Texas
Resurrecting the Casita

We got the Casita in 2012 and around 2016 we got a larger travel trailer and we sort of moth balled the Casita. We did a few trips in the new trailer then I retired and did a lot of van camping. A few years ago we bought a few acres in the Texas Hill Country and set the newer (larger) trailer up there for a weekend hide. We still had the Casita moth balled in Midland so we moved under a tree at the new property. Well now we have a cabin and plan to build an "RV Port" for the bigger trailer on top of the hill. We just had a barn built on the propertyI After sitting idle under a tree for several years we moved the Casita INSIDE. Boy, is that trailer ever a mess!

Well, we have decided to resurrect the Casita and maybe actually get to do some camping again. So, I have 5 years of grime to remove, interior carpet started to fall apart, tires getting old, frame started to rust a little, brakes could probably stand rebuilding, bearings need greased or replaced, fridge won't stay lit on gas, gas tanks are expired, spare tire won't hold air a week, lichens growing on the roof and that just the little things I noticed on a quick inspection. Other than it looks great!

Oh the joy of fiberglass camper ownership. After 5 years in the sun under a tree and being totally ignored, the outside is cleaning up very well. It's totally useable now but it may get a polish job. Amazing how well these things hold up when neglected. Well, I found my summer project and now I get to work on it INSIDE!

Back to the world of Fiberglass RVing it looks like. (-:}
Attached Thumbnails
xIMG_0198.jpg   xIMG_0216.jpg  

2006 Xterra MT (for sale)
arlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
You can take the outdated tanks to a propane exchange station just about anywhere and exchange them for current tanks that are full. I had to look at an attendant twice when he told me that that was fine.

Tags
casita