Not sure if this is legit or not - 2003 Casita $800 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #41

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Facebook, like any online resource, is just fine if used properly. Sure there are people on there who would like you to send funds their way for nothing in return, but that is the case in many places, and not just online.

Being cautious and making sure what you are dealing with is fully legit is what you need to do, regardless where this is taking place in life.

Facebook has allowed me to see photos of friends and family that I love to see. I see photos of these folks on holidays having fun (though not so much lately), and share them myself. I saw a post ahead of here saying it is not wise, yet I don't understand why. Are the people housesitting for me in danger? Just not going to be a worrywart.

I have bought and sold lots of stuff on Facebook, as well as received and given free stuff too. It is a great way to do this just so long as a bit of caution is exercised.

I am the admin (along with a good helper I got) of the Facebook Escape Travel Trailer group, which is mostly comprised of owners and those looking. Lots of questions are asked and answered for those looking to buy and those looking for modification ideas. Lots of photos and text from those that have done some great mods. Lots of photos and ideas of places people travel, great for getting ideas. This group is quite small yet at 4.6k members. I do ask a question of people looking to become members, and if a proper answer is not given they are declined after a while. No politics, religion, Covid, etc, discussions are allowed. Should a scammer or just someone extremely negative show up, they are blocked. I want it to be a fun place to share thoughts, ideas and photos with a focus towards doing this with Escape trailers, and that is what it is.

My biggest problem with Facebook and other social media, is that I just can't find the time to keep up.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita