Scamp 16 Rewire - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2021, 10:37 AM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Scamp 16 Rewire

Hi all, its been a long time since I have been on this forum. I'm finally getting back to my restore of a 16' Scamp, and one of the projects needed was a bit of an overhaul of the wiring. The old converter was shot, and the replacement didn't fit in the old location. At the same time I decided to add a few new AC and DC runs to add additional lights and power in places.

In addition I decided to run a thicker gauged wire from the battery back to the converter, and this is where my issue comes in. I forgot to snap a photo of what was originally there before pulling it out and doing some work. Now I'm stuck with the below image.

I think, and this is where I would like some clarification, that I need to:
1. Cut the black coming in from the battery and connect the black from battery to the black from auto plug and then the other half of the battery line back to the converter.

2. Cut the white from battery connect to white coming from auto, white going to lights, and white going back to converter.

Is that accurate? Thanks

Also, I remember a fuse being inline somewhere around there as well, but do not know where to place it at this time. Any help on that would be appreciated as well.
Attached Thumbnails
20210223_173532-Annotated.jpg  
jcassady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:21 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Escape
Texas
7-pin trailer wiring doesn't vary much from trailer to trailer. The wiring in the pic you posted is the 7-pin to trailer wiring and is set to a standard.

Take a look at the 7-pin wiring on an Escape - it's the same as the wiring on the Scamp. Here is a link to the wiring diagram that shows the 7-pin to trailer wiring.

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ams-94928.html

You may want to use a 7-pin junction box for those terminaltions. It cleans up those wire nuts () and allows you to use off the shelf components for the wiring.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
typical Scamp electrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassady View Post

I think, and this is where I would like some clarification, that I need to:
1. Cut the black coming in from the battery and connect the black from battery to the black from auto plug and then the other half of the battery line back to the converter.

2. Cut the white from battery connect to white coming from auto, white going to lights, and white going back to converter.

Is that accurate? Thanks

Also, I remember a fuse being inline somewhere around there as well, but do not know where to place it at this time. Any help on that would be appreciated as well.

What year? do you have a florescent light??
Attached Thumbnails
electrical typical.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:02 PM   #4

Name: Jim
Illinois
2004, yes I do.
jcassady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp