Family of 5 in scamp 13? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2021, 11:49 AM   #41

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo2 View Post
Alright you all talked me out of the 13 footer! We are now on the hunt for a 17’ burro. I would greatly appreciate any leads. My wife is really excited about this and I want to make it happen as soon as I can - just missed out on 1 in Utah.
You may want to look for a Casita on their forum as well. There has been several brands on the forums for sale. If you put yourself into one brand that is not quite as available you may have a long time looking.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:42 AM   #42

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Don't tell my wife about this thread!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #43

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
We've owned our 13' Scamp Deluxe since 2007 and I'd hate to have camped with our kids in it. When our 4 kids where young we had a Jayco popup, 8 foot box with the beds that pushed out on each end and a gouache that folded into a bed as well as the dinette so we slept 6 people and a small dog very comfortably.
Have you looked into a popup? if not, perhaps you'd be surprised just how well it may fit your family, probably much better than any small hard sided/egg camper like the Scamp,
Old 07-27-2021, 04:53 PM   #44

Name: George
Trailer: Scamp 13 '
OH
You want your kids, and your spouse, to enjoy camping....so go a little bigger and get a tent. A 16' with one tent for sleeping and another as an outdoor kitchen would do the job...by the way, what is the tow vehicle? Any chance of a bed in there? Truck capper? Back of an Outback?
Doc Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:37 PM   #45

Name: Tom
Trailer: In the market
Indiana
Can this thread be closed? We bought a 17’ burro. Plenty of room for my wife, our 5 year old, 2 year old, our 3 month old (all boys) & me.
Tomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:27 PM   #46

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo2 View Post
Can this thread be closed? We bought a 17’ burro. Plenty of room for my wife, our 5 year old, 2 year old, our 3 month old (all boys) & me.
Threads like this are allowed to continue for others who may come along in the future with similar needs. Observant participants will notice that you have your solution and express their opinions as general advice, but there will always be a few that miss the memo.

You can turn off notifications or block the whole thread from your feed using the “thread tools” button.

Enjoy your Burro!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:07 PM   #47

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
I like Donna D's Armadillo idea - I forgot about that company. I have seen one and they are very nice little rigs. Also, fairly new in the lineup at Casita is the Heritage. The standard has 4 bunks and a dinette that converts to a double bed.

; ) Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:35 PM   #48

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Kathie View Post
I like Donna D's Armadillo idea - I forgot about that company. I have seen one and they are very nice little rigs. Also, fairly new in the lineup at Casita is the Heritage. The standard has 4 bunks and a dinette that converts to a double bed.

; ) Kathie
The Heritage layout (side gaucho/bunks) has always been available as an option on the Spirit. They recently separated it out as its own model. I think that was a good move on their part. It wasn’t well known before.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:05 AM   #49

Name: Diana
Trailer: Perris Pacer
California
As a family of 3 humans (Mom, Dad & 4 yo) and one smaller dog, who has owned 13ft for about 8 months.
I would highly recommend going bigger. We spend most of our time outside, but when we are all inside its crammed. I CAN'T imagine adding 2 more kids inside, this mom would stay home, haha.
DianaMoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp