Bigfoot - Inerior Repair Materials ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 06:56 PM   #1

Name: Hugh
Trailer: Bigfoot
South Dakota
Bigfoot - Inerior Repair Materials ?

We had a minor (but expensive) accident with our 1918 25RQ Bigfoot. Caught the edge of an overhanging roof with the front drivers side of the trailer. Through the fiberglass, wallboard and cabinet. I'm looking for sources of repair materials for the inside.

I believe Bigfoot will supply 4'x8' interior panels but shipping would be outrageous. We've seriously considering using 1/8" plywood with wallpaper. The closest wallpaper we've found is from Lowe's (Cloud Cream Paper Abstract). Looks like a good match on the computer screen. But before I order some I thought I'd ask what others have found?

Also there is vinyl J trim that edges much of the interior plywood. I found what I think in the same trim at Vintage Trailer Supply (VTS-078) but they are out of stock. I think I can also order from Bigfoot, but shipping from Canada.... Does anyone know of other sources?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Hugh
Box Elder, SD
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:29 AM   #2

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
Call or email Bigfoot for a price. They can also cut the large panel into several pieces which will lower shipping costs. They have shipped several things to me in NC, and shipping was way less than expected. Send them photos, and they’ll pack exactly what you need for the repair.
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:12 PM   #3

Name: Hugh
Trailer: Bigfoot
South Dakota
Bruce:

Thanks. I have contacted Bigfoot and they are working up a cost on materials and shipping. I've been assuming shipping panels would be outrageously expensive. But compared to the cost of the fiberglass work it may not be bad. We'll see what they come back with.

I need one panel full size so cutting for shipping isn't feasible.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Olive View Post
Call or email Bigfoot for a price. They can also cut the large panel into several pieces which will lower shipping costs. They have shipped several things to me in NC, and shipping was way less than expected. Send them photos, and they’ll pack exactly what you need for the repair.
Box Elder, SD
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot