SOLD - 1973 Amerigo for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
well i hate to do it but i found a scamp fifth wheel and that is what the wife and i realy wanted from the start so i must part with the Amerigo fg-16

it has a rear single bed new 110 volt fridge front table and front single bed.microwave oven.new parquet wood floor new axle and tires and new outside light kit and wireing.never used the stove/furnace but the A/Cworks great..also built a 2ft x 2ft top to fit over the stove for more counter space..i finished up the intiorer work just before our 8 day trip it still needs some outside work.will post more pic of the out side in a day or 2

im giveing mr friends here on fgrv first chance at it before i list on ebay i need 2000.00 to break even on this camper so that is my firm price i will list on ebay next week with the 2000.00 starting bid..

located in wilmington illinois 20 miles south of joliet illinois on I 55 expresway or just 12 miles south of the I-80 and I-55 interchacge
Attached Thumbnails
a31.JPG   a30.JPG  

a29.JPG   a28.JPG  

a26.JPG   a25.JPG  

a26.JPG   a17.JPG  

Old 06-22-2006, 08:08 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler Honey
Dan,
I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I could get it to California this weekend. Any ideas? Beam 'er up , Scotty, drop er in California. Wanna meet me halfway? Where IS halfway to Illinois? Ok, I'd better get out the maps. It is a beautiful unit. funny how we find what we want after we get something else, huh?
Oh, I just realized you are VERY close to my ex-inlaws. Hmmm..wonder if the ex wants to make a trip and haul it back?
How much does it weigh? Does it have trailer brakes? I assume you have a clear title and it 's registered. I'd love to see an outside pic.
Hmmm...and you listed this after I went to bed last night...that doesn't usually happen since Im on pacific time. There's no phone number in your listing. Be sure to respond here. I am very interested.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Dan,
I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I could get it to California this weekend. Any ideas? Beam 'er up , Scotty, drop er in California. Wanna meet me halfway? Where IS halfway to Illinois? Ok, I'd better get out the maps. It is a beautiful unit. funny how we find what we want after we get something else, huh?
Oh, I just realized you are VERY close to my ex-inlaws. Hmmm..wonder if the ex wants to make a trip and haul it back?
How much does it weigh? Does it have trailer brakes? I assume you have a clear title and it 's registered. I'd love to see an outside pic.
Hmmm...and you listed this after I went to bed last night...that doesn't usually happen since Im on pacific time. There's no phone number in your listing. Be sure to respond here. I am very interested.

this edit was to change the weight i was wrong when i posted it i have since had it weighed
Dan

it weighs about 2100lbs ..it does not have brakes i just towed it 1600 miles with my 6cyl dakota no problem at all..title is clear i will try to get pics of out side posted it has been raining for 2 days..semd me a email to daniel-quinn@sbcglobal.net and i will send you my phone #

Dan
Old 06-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #4

Dan,
I just sent you an email. But here are a few more questions. I have some serious doubts about getting it to California, but Im sure other folks will want to know all about your trailer, too, so I'll ask questions!

The first thing I noticed were the overhead cabinets. In one picture they look like one of the cabinets is sorta at an angle, although it may just be less deep than the one next to it. If its at an angle, does the door hit anything when you open it?
You said there is a single bed in front and a single in back. One of the beds looks like it has a twin mattress on it, but that there may be more room. Could a near double foam mattress fit in that space? Is that the original layout or have you changed it a bit?
In your posting about your floor you said you had two more boxes of the parquet flooring. Is it included with the tt?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Dan,
I just sent you an email. But here are a few more questions. I have some serious doubts about getting it to California, but Im sure other folks will want to know all about your trailer, too, so I'll ask questions!

The first thing I noticed were the overhead cabinets. In one picture they look like one of the cabinets is sorta at an angle, although it may just be less deep than the one next to it. If its at an angle, does the door hit anything when you open it?
You said there is a single bed in front and a single in back. One of the beds looks like it has a twin mattress on it, but that there may be more room. Could a near double foam mattress fit in that space? Is that the original layout or have you changed it a bit?
In your posting about your floor you said you had two more boxes of the parquet flooring. Is it included with the tt?
no it is not at a angle just looks like it in a picture..the rear is a twin mattress and the front is a couch/bed and yes a foam cut mattress would fit to a double size..it is the layout i recived just moderized..and i will include the remaining tile ..and who ever buys it has up to 30 days to pick it up once i recive payment for it i has a fencened in storage area..

Dan
Old 06-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #6

SALE PENDING TO A FGRV MEMBER
Old 06-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #7

Yay! Somebody is getting a new egg!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Yay! Somebody is getting a new egg!
And Dan is going to have to change his AVATAR
I thought that was why he would not sell it to me when he had it listed earlier this year.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #9

Quote:
And Dan is going to have to change his AVATAR
I thought that was why he would not sell it to me when he had it listed earlier this year.
to tell you the truth if it wasnt for falling into the 5th wheel scamp i still would not sell it i real got to enjoy it on the trip we took to nebraska i did not even no it was behind us it towed that good.but when you get a chance at the dream trailer at a steal of a price and make the wife smile guess what you do it..if this deal falls threw and you still want it let me know...

Dan
Old 06-26-2006, 09:58 AM   #10

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Dan, Could you tell us about the round table? Is it something you added? It looks new. I've been looking for something like that for our Lil Bigfoot. Does
it fold away? Congrats on the 5er. Keith
Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Dan, Could you tell us about the round table? Is it something you added? It looks new. I've been looking for something like that for our Lil Bigfoot. Does
it fold away? Congrats on the 5er. Keith
i bought the top at menards and made a slide bracket fot it is removeable for the bed if you click on the pic it will inlarge to see it better i will most likly be selling the kit this fall as soon as i can get enough brackits...

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
a31.JPG  
Old 07-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #12

well it is sold for sure Dean will pick it up on the 11th of july it is going to be so hard to say good buy to it.but we will go the following week to pick up the scamp 5th wheel and take a 6 day trip on the way home with it...again i want to thank every one that gave me the sugestions and answers to my ?? as i was working on it especialy my new friend ellen her and her father were great help

Dan
Old 07-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #13

well it was a sad day the amerigo is on its way to florida to make its new home. now it is just the matter of a couple more weeks till we can pick up the new to us scamp 5th wheel..cant wait

Tags
amerigo