From PA to OR- got my 86' fiberstream! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
From PA to OR- got my 86' fiberstream!

A big thanks to Alan in Grants Pass, Oregon for holding on to this beauty for me through the winter months until I could make the drive from Pennsylvania. We are now stuck in Lakeview, Oregon to replace my GMC Jimmy's fuel pump (we rolled into town the last 15 miles on empty!) The fuel pump they ordered yesterday came in and is a dud- so another day's wait, and hopefully the repairs will be made. Here's a pic of my Fiberstream in the Redwoods just the other day. I can't even tell I have it behind me when I'm towing it!
Does anyone know if it has heat? I see a heat vent under the bench seats, but wouldn't know how to work it. Also, should I expect to speand twice as much in gas as it took me to get out here? It weighs 1700 lbs. I thought it was less, but that's what the previous owner tells me.
I love it!!!
Thanks!
Cyndi
Attached Thumbnails
trailer in redwoods.jpg  
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Maybe not twice as much, but you will use more. Bummer on the fuel pump.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Frederick, Frederick where are you!???

I know Frederick's stove/oven thingy is what heats his trailer. This is what he contributed to the Document Center: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Duette_Range-Furnace_Manual

Oh BTW... CONGRATS! All the way from Pennsylvania... that's impressive
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Frederick, Frederick where are you!???

I know Frederick's stove/oven thingy is what heats his trailer. This is what he contributed to the Document Center: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Duette_Range-Furnace_Manual

Oh BTW... CONGRATS! All the way from Pennsylvania... that's impressive

I had a 74 Trillium I sadly sold...and wanted something a bit bigger for my 6'2 husband. The Fiberstream is already impressive, as people have walked the Walmart parking lot to see what it is and find out information about it. I am very happy with my purchase! Everything is all original in excellent condition...it's a priceless fiber trailer to me! The owner tells me they only made this for 5 years...I'd like to know how many were truly manufactured...
we're going to bump-draft like nascar on the way home to PA!
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Wonderful story! Enjoy! We hope to see many more pictures of your new camper!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Congratulations on the new rig! If your getting near any Fiberstream owners on this forum, maybe one will be willing to help you out.

I'm surprised the seller didn't give you the walk around and show you how everything works and if it does. A 25 yo anything is more than likely to have some non standard mods.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Cyndi,

Looks like a nice Fiber Stream. I have an 83. Yes the vent under the seat should be your heater. If yours is like mine you have to pull off the vent/cover and light the pilot light. If you are not familiar with that type of system I would suggest waiting until you can get help from someone who is.

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of the inside. Have a safe trip.

Steve
slbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:32 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Congrats and welcome! We are having a Fiberglass egg rally up your way in the Poconos! July 17th weekend. Check the Upcoming rallies thread. There are still sites left and we would love to have a fiberstream. Hopefully we can meet up and caravan some places!

Don
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndivg11 View Post
Does anyone know if it has heat? I see a heat vent under the bench seats, but wouldn't know how to work it. Also, should I expect to speand twice as much in gas as it took me to get out here? It weighs 1700 lbs. I thought it was less, but that's what the previous owner tells me.
Welcome to the club! Yes, all Fiber Streams have heat, unless a previous owner removed it. Yours would be a fairly standard furnace...
Quote:
3. Third Generation: 1981 thru 1986
14838-A Boyle Avenue........ Fiber Stream Company
Fontana, California 92335.... (714) 823-1332

By 1981 the Trav’ler Duette ranges and Magnavox refrigerators are no longer available. Magic Chef 3-burner ranges with gas ovens (but no space heating capabilities), and a Dometic 4 cubic foot gas/electric refrigerator are installed. To compensate for the Range’s loss of space heating ability, the location of the water pump is rearranged so a separate RV forced air furnace can be installed next to the water heater below the street side bunk.
I usually get 22 MPG with my Honda Odyssey when not towing and 15-16 MPG when towing at 55 mph,
but only 10 MPG when towing at 75 mph. So if you're in a big hurry, yes it will take twice as much gas.

Tags
fiberstream