Monarch Ventura Rebuild - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Monarch
Alberta
Monarch Ventura Rebuild

Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a 1975 Monarch Ventura. I bought my trailer about six years ago and have been using it almost constantly ever since.
I work in forestry, and have wintered in my little FGRV as far north as Drayton Valley, Alberta. It has served me very well, and is remarkably easy to keep snug and warm in even the most foul of Northern weather.
Unfortunately, I recently had to leave my trailer at roadside close to an un-named Central Alberta town, and some helpful locals thoroughly vandalized it.
I have made enough repairs (windows, etc) to keep her running for the short term, but would like to do a more thorough rebuild; including strengthening the frame and rewiring.
Can anyone out there offer any tips.

Many thanks and happy trails!

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Bob o the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Sorry to hear about that Robert, it's the 2% that just don't get it. Wish you well with your rebuild.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Pretty rotten of them. I second Borrego Dave on the well wishes for your rebuild. How about posting a few photos of your problem areas in our 'Problem Solving' section, and people can give you some advise and information.
Pam Garlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oh man, theft and vandalism makes me soooo angry

Wishing you the best on your rebuild.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Sorry about the damage
I had a 76 Ventura for the last 4 years but sold it this spring. I gutted mine and redid the interior with 5/16 tongue and groove pine. They are a pretty tough trailer with a pretty strong frame compared to say a Boler. I would do a good check of the frame checking for cracks and if you don't find any your good to go. I would replace the bolts attaching the body to the frame.

The interior is pretty easy to redo as there is 1x2 strapping glassed into the shell. With the panelling removed you will have full access to the wiring and connections for the exterior lights(good time to change them out). If you pull the ceiling panels make sure the roof supports are not cracked. Mine were and I attached 3/4 aluminum tubing arched to match the roof.

My rebuild thread
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #6

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
BTW if you go to this link you can see all the posts about Venturas
Fiberglass RV - Ventura Trailers
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ventura