Waiting for my Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-08-2021, 02:22 PM   #1

Name: Gene
Trailer: 2022 Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Thumbs up Waiting for my Casita

After lurking on the site for years I've finally ordered a new Casita Independence. I took the drive from Florida to Texas and finalized my order. My timing couldn't have been worse. The wait time was 13 months so I'm scheduled to pick up my trailer on August 11, 2022. That's OK the wait will be worth it. It seems like I know so many of you, yet we've never met in person. I hope to see some of you down the road.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:44 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita
NC
Welcome! We just picked up our Casita Heritage Deluxe last week after a 9 month wait. It was a tough wait but I used this time to learn as much as I can on forums like these, stalk FB groups, watch youtube videos, etc. I was anxious driving 1000 miles for my pickup last week but given all of the research I had done, it worked out really well. I brought a lot of things that I felt like I might could need for the trip and I used all of them except 3-4 items.

The extra time also allowed me to buy a new tow vehicle and spend the extra time to ensure the wiring and 7-pin setup were done exactly how I wanted it. I was also able to save up more money during that time to help pay for the trailer.

Overall, I hated having to wait, but there are advantages to having this time before pickup. Just my $0.02.
Shocksll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:49 AM   #3

Florida
Waiting

Thanks, Steve,
Same here I'm selling my house and a 35 ft motorhome and the extra time is needed. I bought a 2021 Honda Ridgeline AWD and already installed the brake controller and a fiberglass topper. I seriously thought about buying a used Casita but after seeing how the used prices were within a few thousand dollars of new it was an easy decision to buy one with the extras I want. I added pretty much added every option except the microwave. When I pick up my Independence I'm hitting the road with my cat Oscar and wandering for a few years.
Old 07-11-2021, 11:28 AM   #4

Name: Richard
Trailer: currently shopping
Connecticut
Deposit needed for Casita Order

What does Casita require for a deposit to order a trailer? Just wondering because I am retiring in December and would like a trailer some time next year. I'll pick it up in Texas and travel to Utah to see the National Parks.
Richyboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:08 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyboy65 View Post
What does Casita require for a deposit to order a trailer? Just wondering because I am retiring in December and would like a trailer sometime next year. I'll pick it up in Texas and travel to Utah to see the National Parks.
. The deposit is $2,000. You can use either a credit card or a personal check.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #6

Name: Richard
Trailer: currently shopping
Connecticut
Thanks

Thanks for the info. much appreciated.
Richyboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:26 PM   #7

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene680 View Post
After lurking on the site for years I've finally ordered a new Casita Independence. I took the drive from Florida to Texas and finalized my order. My timing couldn't have been worse. The wait time was 13 months so I'm scheduled to pick up my trailer on August 11, 2022. That's OK the wait will be worth it. It seems like I know so many of you, yet we've never met in person. I hope to see some of you down the road.
It's a great place to lurk.
Attached Thumbnails
WAITING.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #8

Name: B
New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocksll View Post
Welcome! We just picked up our Casita Heritage Deluxe last week after a 9 month wait. It was a tough wait but I used this time to learn as much as I can on forums like these, stalk FB groups, watch youtube videos, etc. I was anxious driving 1000 miles for my pickup last week but given all of the research I had done, it worked out really well. I brought a lot of things that I felt like I might could need for the trip and I used all of them except 3-4 items.

The extra time also allowed me to buy a new tow vehicle and spend the extra time to ensure the wiring and 7-pin setup were done exactly how I wanted it. I was also able to save up more money during that time to help pay for the trailer.

Overall, I hated having to wait, but there are advantages to having this time before pickup. Just my $0.02.
I’m thinking about making a 1000mile trip to pick up a Heritage. I’d love if you shared your list. It will help me on my journey. You can message me.

Also how are you liking your Heritage model?
Josecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:36 AM   #9

Name: Scott
Trailer: Casita 17 SS
North Carolina
We're in the same boat. We ordered a Spirit Standard back in October of 2020. Our Casita will be ready two months from today! (Sept 2021) After some careful consideration and some family business, we've decided to have ours delivered. Can't wait!
sreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:17 AM   #10

Name: Steve
NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josecool View Post
I’m thinking about making a 1000mile trip to pick up a Heritage. I’d love if you shared your list. It will help me on my journey. You can message me.

Also how are you liking your Heritage model?
Sent you a dm but am loving the Heritage so far. 4 nights down and looking forward to more this fall. Currently trying to get everything setup how we want it.
Shocksll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:37 PM   #11

Name: Don
OH
Well Gene, did you get your new trailer on time and do you like it?

Does anyone know if Casita ever gets your order done sooner than the scheduled date?
DuneOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #12

Florida
I got it on the exact day and time. I love it!

Tags
casita