13 ft Perris Pacer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 1982 13 ft Perris Pacer
I recently purchased a 13 foot 1982 Perris Pacer, made by the now out of business Perris Valley Campers. I need some advice for replacing the exterior door trim. Currently, there is a putty, of sorts, wedged into the concave groove that sits under the door. It's getting pretty gross, and I'm sure there is a better technique or door trim than this.

Does anyone have experience with this? I seem the be the only person out there that has this model (after lots of internet research!) so if there is a person with experience with this model - let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
09_23_2005_09_54_05PM.JPG  
Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Paige, we're glad you're here.

We have several members who own Perris Pacers I'm most familiar with Chari Benckendorf's, as it's the one I've seen in person several times. Maybe you should contact her...and see if she can give you specific information to the Pacer I know she was looking for some owner's manuals...yours didn't happen to come with any, did it???

At anyrate, if you could attach a picture of what you're describing, you'll get lots of ideas and help here on FiberglassRV

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I agree! A photo is worth a thousand words. I loved the little Pacers. I remember the plant on I-15 in Perris; and old converted lumber yard as I recall! There's nothing in or on them that isn't pretty standard (except perhaps the funky squishy latex insulation inside).

Let us see what you're describing, and perhaps we can help.

Good luck!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:12 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
wow, look at the long side windows on that Pacer! Love that!

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #5

Okay - I'll get some close up photos. I'm hoping for a door trim that insulates and looks better that the stuff on there now.

More pix to come...

- Paige
Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #6

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Hey I don't mean to change the subject but, if anyone is in contact with Chari Benckendorf
please, please, please tell her to get in touch with me via Email, PM or she should have my phone number. Last July we met Chari at the Bandon Oregon Rally and she asked my dad to make all new cupboard doors for her trailer. He has them all made up and ready for her except one because he wanted to double check the measurements before he cut it out. We have tried the phone # she gave us but it is no good. Also tried 411, Email and PM but have never heard back from her. When we last spoke to her in Oregon she said she would swing by and pick up the doors on her way to the Camberia Rally and my dad would like to make sure the doors are complete and ready to go when she gets here. We would also like to confirm with her that she is still planning to stop by in May (I think) before she goes to Camberia so that we can make sure we are here for her to get the doors she needs for her trailer.

Paige- Congrads on your Perris Pacer they are cute little trailers. There is also a guy named Eric that is from Washington (I think) that visits this site off and on that has a Perris Pacer. Mostly posts at night if I remember right. We met him at Bandon also and I think he was in the process of doing a restore on his. He might be a good one to talk to also. Good luck
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #7

Thanks Ellen. I'll keep an eye open for Eric's posts.

Paige
Attached Thumbnails
camping_in_the_Cramalot_Inn.gif  
Old 02-12-2006, 05:45 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Hello....you have reached Eric......I am unable to come to the phone right now, but if you leave a mesage...........

Okay, just kidding. I'm here. Yes I have an '88 Perris Pacer. It's in pretty good shape except for the door fit problem and lack of a refridgerator (has empty space where it was). I don't have any manuals for it, but ther'e basically the same as the other brands. Let me know if you have any questions.

Karalyn- yes, the long window is really nice to bring the outdoors in!

Here is a before pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer_1.JPG  
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:51 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
And a pic from Yellowstone last August. Notice no stripes/tear drops and new wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
YELLOWSTONE_124.jpg  
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft Perris Pacer
Eric; Do you know if the awning was standard equipment, or did you add that yourself later on? I'm trying to get an idea what brands' awnings will fit the pacer. Thanks.
Angelo F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #11

Name: Michael
Trailer: Pacer
California
door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I recently purchased a 13 foot 1982 Perris Pacer, made by the now out of business Perris Valley Campers. I need some advice for replacing the exterior door trim. Currently, there is a putty, of sorts, wedged into the concave groove that sits under the door. It's getting pretty gross, and I'm sure there is a better technique or door trim than this.

Does anyone have experience with this? I seem the be the only person out there that has this model (after lots of internet research!) so if there is a person with experience with this model - let me know!
Can you buy rubber around door?
MichaelIdyllwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #12

Name: Michael
Trailer: Pacer
California
door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Thanks Ellen. I'll keep an eye open for Eric's posts.

Paige
wanted to see how you door seals
MichaelIdyllwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:54 AM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's been a while since Eric was logged into FiberglassRV: Last Activity: 10-13-2010 12:21 AM I see him occasionally at a NOG or the Oregon Gathering. If I should run into him (NOT literally), I'll let him know there are questions for him about his Pacer.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perris pacer